It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan symbols polluting christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nobody or any organization owns a symbol.

A symbol is used to represent whatever the wearer or user wants it to. I don't think there's a big deal if the same symbol or similar symbols have been used by multiple groups throughout history.

At the end of the day, the user believes what they believe. Does a symbols origins or alternate meaning have any effect on the current person's use of said symbol?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You need to get rid of Jesus too!
and just worship God...

and God is nothing like what they give you.
you may even find that pagans are not far from the trueth.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
You need to get rid of Jesus too!
and just worship God...

and God is nothing like what they give you.
you may even find that pagans are not far from the trueth.

So what is god like? I guess that would depend on your own beliefs and perception of god, because it's different for everyone. The church-going Christian believes it can only be found in a church. The Christ claimed that he and the father are one and he is the way to the father. So that would mean that the 'christ' consciousness is attainable by each person on an individual basis and is the mediator and not the church. It is possible to commune with that higher consciousness, but it's also as if, we actually become the christ. I'm so confused at how to explain it. It's actually becoming the christ and communing with this consciousnes at the same time. It does take a total act of surrender; a conscious choice to let go of all fear and worry and know that you are totally loved and supported by the universe/god/Source or carried in the palm of his hand. Not easy to maintain that level, is it?]

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Just thought you might want to chew on this for a while too.

The Pope, also known as the vicar of Christ, which according to the Catholic church means Christ representative on earth. The Catholic Dogma claims that the Pope and the church are the only ones who can interpret correctly the bible.

However the bible says that it is the Holy Spirit that dwells in all believers that interprets scripture.
So you see they even teach the trinity so they have put the Pope and Church as equal to the Holy Spirit. Be making themselves equal to the Holy Spirit they have essentially made themselves equal to all parts of the trinity.

There was a verse that was bothering me but this interpretation actually just came to me today. Coincidence or not?
Mathew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

I kept getting stuck on who the false Christs are. Maybe I’m wrong but hasn’t every Pope in Rome essentially been a false Christ based on their own interpretation of the title.

Also the bible says the anti-Christ will be revealed in end times. And again we can know by the fruit weather the spirit is from God. Look at all the problems in the Catholic Church that have been coming out. Could this be the reveal or at least the begging of the reveal.

Also it says that all will be fooled. Personally I have my issues with the Protestants as well. They keep the same non-biblical structure of the Catholic Church fully intact. Then they teach a Grace only philosophy that basically empowers the beliver to continue to sin there whole life and get to heaven by Grace alone.

We are saved by Grace alone, but they completely ignore the teaching that someone born again by Grace should stop willful sin.

So even in the separation they remain fooled and keep the beliver fooled. Thus repeating the mistakes of the Pharisees.

Mathew 23:13-15
13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. [14]
15 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Any opinions on this?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000the Israelites lost a battle to them and they took the Ark as according to Samuel 5, the statue that had been beheaded and hands dismembered by God.

My God, what have we done? Brothers and sisters if you even own a crucifix or cross, necklace, picture or even a picture of Jesus destroy it or throw it out! Tell your pastors and deacons, and show them this thread and if there's a cross in your church or on the steeple tear it down! We don't need such things to reach the Living God, we have our High priest of the order of Melchizidek, we have our Messiah and he is all we need! The house of God resides within us, purify and destroy these images. Return to your first love.

The ark of the covenant 'forms' within the human skull, upon internal crucification.

symbols can help, even when they're added to the religion. I mean at what point do you say the bible was 'finished' and then 'added to'.. got a timeline?

and i think it's funny what you're saying.. there's a skit by comedian Bill Hicks where he's impersonating Jesus when he's supposed to come back.. and Jesus is up there in the clouds next to God and he's like.. "No waay dad.. i'm not goin back.. look they're all wearing crosses with me strung up on it!!!" .. it's like goin up to Jackie Onasis with a rifle pendant on sayin' keep it real or what ever...

but then again the cross is a very important image in many practices.. Rosicrucianism and Gnosticism notably... signifying the crossing of time and space.. and also the location of the pineal gland in the center of the holiest of holies (human head).

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
The FISH IS A WOMANS VULVA! I love driving by a car that has that symbol on it and I laugh to myself thinking they have NO IDEA of the true meaning.

Then you really ought to get a kick out of the realisation that Dodge vehicles have a set of fallopian tubes on the hood!

Symbolism is a tricky business at best.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I decided to create this thread after long and intense contemplation of just how deeply these symbols are imbedded in the christian faith. I began doing research on the symbol of the cross to figure out how far back this symbol has been used and by what ancient religions. The answers i found were disconcerting to the say the least, and the cross pendant i actually got for christmas i took and flung it out of my yard and my sight as hard as i could throw it. Looking back i see that Jesus would never want us to hold onto something that was a handicap as well as an ancient pagan symbol and in some cases...an idol.

While doing a bit of research i found that the christian cross was never even used in the christian faith until Emperor Constantine saw a vision of the symbol in the clouds and heard a voice saying "in this sign you shall conquer". In fact as far as Jesus is concered his cross was probably dismantled and used to build the bier that took his body to his tomb and then desrtoyed. Not only this but the symbol of the cross is a giant t shape used in the babylonian religions as a symbol for Tammuz who was actually the son of Nimrod who was "deified" and Tammuz is one of the false Christ's of earlier times to cast shadows of doubt upon the true Messiah Jesus as planned by Lucifer.

Not just the cross but the symbol of the fish "Ichthys" was a symbol for Dagon, the Idol that the Ark of the Covenant had been placed next to in the temple of Dagon of the Philistines after the Israelites lost a battle to them and they took the Ark as according to Samuel 5, the statue that had been beheaded and hands dismembered by God. The symbol is also reprted to have been the outline of the vulva of Astarte "the qyeen of heaven" (notice the similarity in calling Mary the Queen of Heaven).

Vatican 666

Apostacy of the Roman Catholic Church, christianity polluted by anti-christians

pagan symbols

My God, what have we done? Brothers and sisters if you even own a crucifix or cross, necklace, picture or even a picture of Jesus destroy it or throw it out! Tell your pastors and deacons, and show them this thread and if there's a cross in your church or on the steeple tear it down! We don't need such things to reach the Living God, we have our High priest of the order of Melchizidek, we have our Messiah and he is all we need! The house of God resides within us, purify and destroy these images. Return to your first love.

[if you don't have our beliefs that is fine, this post wasn't meant for you so just ignore it and find your next thread to troll, this is to inform those who wish to know and who have need to know and who wish to rebel against this wickedness that pervades our brotherhood]
edit on 3-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Not only that, the original greek words now translated cross are stauros and xylon. All that means is a tree or upright pole. There is no evidence at all that Jesus actually died on a cross.

Then when you look at the symbology of the cross, it's appalling that people use it as a symbol of christianity.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto

OK, I'm assuming you're one of the many, MANY Christians who has absolutely no idea what Paganism is or its history. Without going into too much detail, Paganism has been around since long before Christianity or Judaism. Secondly, Christianity has stolen almost all of its holidays and traditions from Paganism. Do you think your traditional ways of celebrating Christmas and Easter came from your silly little religion? The Gothic cathedrals were originally places of PAGAN worship. The book of Genesis is an exact copy of the Sumerian Enuma Elish (which came well before any of the people who supposedly wrote the Bible...Sumer was the very first human civilization (where's that in your Bible?).

The problem with Christians? That they like to think their religion is the center of everything when really it is a bunch of mendacious excrement from the hands of liars and thieves.

Some truth, some falsehoods.

The celebrations you mention definitely all have "pagan" origins. Christmas tree, easter bunny, easter eggs, virtually all celebrations have pagan origins.

But the book of Genesis is not an exact copy of the Sumerian Enuma Elish. That is just patently false.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Johnny do you suppose this could be more evidence of sexual immorality with in Dodge corp ?

Some have posted that paganism dates back farther than Christianity. That's kind of a no brainer but nothing dates back farther than God.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Johnny do you suppose this could be more evidence of sexual immorality with in Dodge corp ?

Some have posted that paganism dates back farther than Christianity. That's kind of a no brainer but nothing dates back farther than God.

a) Nothing immoral about either fallopian tubes or ram's heads...well, just as long as you don't scare the horses, eh?
b) Pagan has the same word roots as peasant, or the Italian Paisan. It refers to those from the country. In the early days of Christianity's growth, it was being embraced in the cities while those in the countryside clung to their old , familiar gods. Sooo...in that sense, it certainly predates Christianity. Does that make it evil? Not that I can see. Look at the devil as another one of Christianity's stolen symbols.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonhead

Just READ the Enuma Elish. Genesis is a clone of Pagan and Ancient creation myths.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
What really concerns me is all these christian beliefs poisoning the minds of my friends and neighbors. That is the real problem. Jesus was just a man, nothing more.

There really isn't anything authentic about christianity. Everything about the religion has been taken from earlier religions. Get over it.

^quoted for TRUTH.

All religions are a transmogrification of the earlier generation's/civilization's "faith" with your "faith". It astounds me that folks cannot, or will not, see how the Jesus ismessiah myth was thrown on Roman mythology to make the Roman Catholic Church.

Or how the Muslims, Jews and Christians have the same god.

Regardless of which faith, any faith in something beyond your own personal strenth is misplaced.

Derek

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Paul stated that God allows the great falling away (apostasia). In fact, it has been restrained and allowed to creep in to most churches and followers over the centuries. God gives Truth and those that love Him - read and obey out of love.

Greek apostasia:
"defection from the truth"

Which leads to the man of sin/son of perdition

God asks us to not make any idols of things found in the heavens, earth or in the sea. Does that stop Christians ? No. Why not? They have forsaken the Word of the Lord. Catholics can sit and pray to Mary and the Saints whilst looking at a multitude of idols, yet they choose to believe in the doctrines of men instead of God's Word - all of which is denounced in the Holy Word. Does it stop them? No.

God wants us to accept and follow the whole package of Christian living that He reveals in His Word. Granted, it is very hard to do. We live in one of the most sinful, evil, corrupt, self-centered societies of all times, and our patience and conversion are being severely tested. The world wants us to come out of the narrow way that protects us, teaches us, and prepares us for our future. It is pushing and enticing us to accept the broad way that will pull us down to failure and destruction. Every single hateful comment is seen as a "sport" to some people, yet we strive to share the Truth of God's salvation knowing that a child of His is out there waiting to respond to His Word.

This falling away increases in direct correlation to the rise of wickedness and godlessness in mankind. Christians who are weak in the Word succumb to the lies and deceptions just like non Christians. I pray all the time to the Lord to keep me on His path.

Most of the comments on this thread are truly a sign of the times. I can now thoroughly see how the masses will shake their fists at Jesus Christ upon His return, most not having known the Truth of the salvation extended into the world. Extraterrestrial life, Egyptions mysteries and Pre-Flood Sumerian are all seen as "original" religions, yet Jesus Christ is the Creator of Heaven and Earth and the Word Made Flesh. So to all those characterising the Faith of Jesus Christ as the "newest kid on the block" simply have no understanding.

""Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" —Luke 18:8

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm wondering if Christians will ever try to back up their beliefs with life experiences, instead of with Scripture (which is all I see and, with thousands of translations of the book abounding it's difficult to know who's quoting it right). I wish the Bible spoke more truthfully about how people propagated their beliefs back then.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

also on that note...you should state which version you are using......(date) what date its revisions are up to

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
reply to post by spacekc929

"God" has never existed and will never exist. There is no God in Paganism, only the gods (who are wholly more believable than the Jewish sky-zombie Yahweh)

well the Sumerian/ Babylonian pantheon had a "Creator of all" that intervened, based on the "lost book of Enki"........it cant all be BS, some of it is not disputed..........the translations I mean.....from zecharia sitchin...
not God......exisiting or not....lol

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

decided to create this thread after long and intense contemplation of just how deeply these symbols are imbedded in the christian faith. I began doing research on the symbol of the cross to figure out how far back this symbol has been used and by what ancient religions.

WOW!

Welcome to the world of research!!!
I'm happy for you, really, lonewolf. Very happy for you.
Keep digging, you'll be amazed at what you find out!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes and vogon42

You two again ? For reals ?

Johnny

I know we don't always see I to I but you have some rich info so that's why the post.

SnF OP

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

this is to inform those who wish to know and who have need to know and who wish to rebel against this wickedness that pervades our brotherhood

I think that if you did a little more research, you'd learn that a lot of these pagan religions and their followers are extremely docile and far more hospitable than some Christians or Catholics. The religion that I believe is most associated with the word 'pagan' does not even believe in the Devil or Hell. Labeling it as 'wickedness' is wrong.

I'm fairly certain that crossing ones self is also a 'stolen' symbol. Do you believe that people should stop doing that as well?
edit on 1/4/2012 by minikin84 because: spelling error

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join