It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S1698 :: Taking Away Your American Citizenship :: Enemy Expatriation Act

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Before I explode... I NEED to get this posted so that others are aware.

This should be on front page.

Congress should cease and desist immediately.

ATM I'm furious. thanks for understanding.

Our cup runneth over with NDAA ... but wait there's MORE...

HR 3166 :: Taking Away Your American Citizenship :: Enemy Expatriation Act

======================================================

S 1698 :: Taking Away Your American Citizenship :: Enemy Expatriation Act

Sponsor = Joe Lieberman MISTER Independent

Cosponsored by Scott Brown ... the glorious Tea Party Candidate!!!

Why would our government need to STRIP an American Citizen of their nationality!?

We already have laws for TREASON and even HIGH TREASON.

I'm already sending this out to as many publicity as I can think of... can others please help me decipher this legal bullsh!t before I go ballistic?? Thanks!!!

Edit to add link from last month...

edit on 1·3·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Oh this is rich isn't it? This Administration solves the immigration program by making illegals into legals so there is no problem. They'll solve the indefinite detention of American citizens or outright assassination of American citizens by simple insuring that the stripping of citizenship is a routine part of the process once they target someone. When you can't change reality, change the description of it.

The constitution is somewhere back there in our rear view mirror. We need to go back and pick it up.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Please help comb through the bills at the links.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

this could be law the key words could be:www.gpo.gov... from the link

By Mr. DENT:
H.R. 3166.
Congress has the power to enact this legislation pursuant
to the following:
Article I, Section 8, Clause 4
here is the text of the constitution www.constitution.org... for it could be by 2 reasons

Section. 7.All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States;[2] If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

Section. 8.The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
see clause 4

edit on 3-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
ok it is a short one so here it is

H.R.3166 -- Enemy Expatriation Act (Introduced in House - IH)

HR 3166 IH

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 3166

To add engaging in or supporting hostilities against the United States to the list of acts for which United States nationals would lose their nationality.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

October 12, 2011

Mr. DENT (for himself and Mr. ALTMIRE) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL

To add engaging in or supporting hostilities against the United States to the list of acts for which United States nationals would lose their nationality.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Enemy Expatriation Act'.

SEC. 2. LOSS OF NATIONALITY.

(a) In General- Section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1481) is amended--

(1) in subsection (a)--

(A) in each of paragraphs (1) through (6), by striking `or' at the end;

(B) in paragraph (7), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; or'; and

(C) by adding at the end the following:

`(8) engaging in, or purposefully and materially supporting, hostilities against the United States.'; and

(2) by adding at the end the following:

`(c) For purposes of this section, the term `hostilities' means any conflict subject to the laws of war.'.

(b) Technical Amendment- Section 351(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1483(a)) is amended by striking `(6) and (7)' and inserting `(6), (7), and (8)'.
so basically it is say this us-code.vlex.com... be comes null and void and is rewritten

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
That's got to have something to do with Bradley Manning, that's how it is reading to me, he helped the "enemy" by leaking classified documents, now they want to strip him of his US nationality.

OK, maybe not specifically for him, but I bet he got the ball rolling.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing the bill to the thread.

I can read. I can't understand legaleze ATM.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
if you want the meat and potatoes of this then here you go www.uscis.gov...-0-0-8013 from the link

INA: ACT 349 - LOSS OF NATIONALITY BY NATIVE-BORN OR NATURALIZED CITIZEN

Sec. 349. [8 U.S.C. 1481]

(a) A person who is a national of the United States whether by birth or naturalization, shall lose his nationality by voluntarily performing any of the following acts with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality-

(1) obtaining naturalization in a foreign state upon his own application or upon an application filed by a duly authorized agent, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or

(2) taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or

(3) entering, or serving in, the armed forces of a foreign state if

(A) such armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the United States, or

(B) such persons serve as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer; or

(4) (A) accepting, serving in, or performing the duties of any office, post, or employment under the government of a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after attaining the age of eighteen years if he has or acquires the nationality of such foreign state; or

(B) accepting, serving in, or performing the duties of any office, post, or employment under the government of a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after attaining the age of eighteen years for which office, post, or employment an oath, affirmation, or declaration of allegiance is required; or

(5) making a formal renunciation of nationality before a diplomatic or consular officer of the United States in a foreign state, in such form as may be prescribed by the Secretary of State; or

(6) making in the United States a formal written renunciation of nationality in such form as may be prescribed by, and before such officer as may be designated by, the Attorney General, whenever the United States shall be in a state of war and the Attorney General shall approve such renunciation as not contrary to the interests of national defense; or

(7) committing any act of treason against, or attempting by force to overthrow, or bearing arms against, the United States, violating or conspiring to violate any of the provisions of section 2383 of title 18, United States Code, or willfully performing any act in violation of section 2385 of title 18, United States Code, or violating section 2384 of said title by engaging in a conspiracy to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, if an d when he is convicted thereof by a court martial or by a court of competent jurisdiction.

(b) 1/ Whenever the loss of United States nationality is put in issue in any action or proceeding commenced on or after the enactment of this subsection under, or by virtue of, the provisions of this or any other Act, the burden shall be upon the person or party claiming that such loss occurred, to establish such claim by a preponderance of the evidence. Any person who commits or performs, or who has committed or performed, any act of expatriation under the provisions of this or any other Act shall be presumed to have done so voluntarily, but such presumption may be rebutted upon a showing, by a preponderance of the evidence, that the act or acts committed or performed were not done voluntarily.

FOOTNOTES FOR SECTION 349

INA: ACT 349 FN 1

FN 1 Former subsection (b) was stricken by Sec. 19(1) of Pub. L. 99 - 653 (Nov. 14, 1986, 100 Stat. 3658).

[Sec. 350 was repealed]
this is what I have found so far, there is still the Law of war , the US is now a Battlefield, and to see if this S1698 is truly, law
edit on 3-1-2012 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So... Let's say people have the Wikileaks Insurance File, just to use an example. That likely have classified material and if my hunch is right..some VERY highly classified material contained inside it. Does some creative reading of all this make it possible to read the possession of that to be actionable? Where are the lines???

Somehow..I just don't trust the people in the cat bird seat right now. Nope... The love just isn't there.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
here is an other helpful link www.law.cornell.edu... for this is just too important to let it go , it too must be brought out to the public eye, if not law than for no other reason but to inform you as to what they plan on making law, or try to make law.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

let say if they have it and are found to have it... may god have mercy on them.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

too quote you"Where are the lines???" there are none anything goes now , the good news is 60 days is one has before it becomes enforceable, for this is the same wording in HR1540 aka NDAA2012 Sub Sec D 1021 1022

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Thank you ... God Bless you ... my thoughts exactly as I came back from having a smoke!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
here is an other helpful link www.law.cornell.edu... for this is just too important to let it go , it too must be brought out to the public eye, if not law than for no other reason but to inform you as to what they plan on making law, or try to make law.

I use Cornell frequently enough. Thank you!

Also, Your point is taken, (and those were my initial thoughts, US is a Battlefield now.)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
To bad most people do not understand why this is happening. We were never supposed to be United States Nationals. There was no such thing as a United States citizens. People were citizens of thier respective states not citizens of the now corporate entity called the United states.

I know it doesn't really matter now because we have gone along with this for so long out of ignorance and all our documents ask if we are US citizens and we all answer yes cause we cannot get our license permits job etc if we say no. And very few people would even know to say no anyway... Sad day in America but the corporation has become the de facto government and people are none the wiser.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
We were never supposed to be United States Nationals.

There was no such thing as a United States citizens.

[color=gold]People were citizens of their respective states(...)

I know it doesn't really matter now because we have gone along with this for so long out of ignorance and all our documents ask if we are US citizens and we all answer yes cause we cannot get our license permits job etc if we say no.

Emphasis added to help those that STILL don't get it!

Pull your heads out of your UFO's ... There are bigger bodies to autopsy (or fish to fry.) Research what's tangible.

OMG most people on ATS can VOTE!

Oh wait, 80% of ATS are for Ron Paul. Boggles the mind completely.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What does this part mean ?

Updates to this section of the United States Code

Title 8 > Chapter 12 > Subchapter III > Part III > Section 1481

§ 1481. Loss of nationality by native-born or naturalized citizen; voluntary action; burden of proof; presumptions

Title 8 of the US Code as currently published by the US Government reflects the laws passed by Congress as of Jan. 7, 2011, and it is this version that is published here.

However, the long codification process by The office of the Law Revision Counsel (LRC) starts very quickly after any new legislation with "classification" to corresponding US Code sections. They put these in "Classification Tables" and make them available to us all at uscode.house.gov...

What was added to code on Jan 7, 2011 ?

Updates to this section of the United States Code

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
what ever happened to the "well, if you have nothing to hide, you don't have anything to worry about"???

sorry had to say it, but well, some are always talking about those slippery slopes, and it seems like the patriot act was the slipperiest of them all, greased down for mach speed!!!

all I can say, hopefullly we will have a chance this nov. to kick the ALL out of office.....

and if you look around online, not sure if anyone's posted it here, there's a website that is trying to bring up a third party candidate via the internet. got to go to work now, but well look around for it and post it later....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
what ever happened to the "well, if you have nothing to hide, you don't have anything to worry about"???

sorry had to say it,...

thanks for qualifying, I'm not sure if I have anything to hide. With the barrage of laws coming out...

Laws that up-end the Constitutional rights (with which we come to understand and take for granted!)

You may be/become a terrorist and not even know it!

those slippery slopes, and it seems like the patriot act was the slipperiest of them all, greased down for mach speed!!!

Exactly. And soon they will take your nationality. AGAIN. What is the purpose?

We already have Treason and High Treason laws.

Why does the US government want the ability to STRIP ones nationality/citizenship?

What is the implication? What happens when you become a former US Citizen?

I would first guess that one would be ejected from the country? Obama's uncle is still here so...???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join