It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by vogon42

Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God.

"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27)

There you have it; Scripture clearly teaches that Christianity is a religion! Christianity, in any form, is religion, plain and simple. Some Christians will state that Jesus is about spirituality, but if you say to a Christian you are a Spiritualist, you get rebuked, and called names. All denominations and variations of Christianity found their roots from within the Orthodox Church that was officially established in the early third century.

Nope Jesus came to put an end to Religion and never intended Christianity to be a religion. Religion is something man does by works to try and please God, Christianity is man admitting they can do nothing and are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ who came to earth to defeat sin in the flesh. He was successful where no other person has been.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

My only "Agenda" is to expose deception and promote truth.

reply to post by FugitiveSoul

My friend I am apart of no religion. I have no ego or pride. And I have not insulted anyone.

Man! I almost fell of my chair and spilt my coffee laughing at that comment! How can you sit there are say that you have not insulted anyone? How can you think for a second that your ego is bigger than your pride, which is so big we can almost see it through our PC screens?

The person with the pride here is quite obvious. You choose to deny your creator yet believe in what demons tell you.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Seems like the other way around seeing as how you deliberately speak of Fantasy like its Fact.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

Prove that Christians are brainwashed or your argument is without basis or foundation and is simply a means to try and attack our faith. I think I refuted all the points the OP made on page 24, if you have any new one's please feel free to bring them to the table so we can discuss them.

RevelationGeneration, I think you, yourself, have proved beyond any doubt whatsoever that my original post in this thread that Christianity is in fact brainwashing is true, and as plain as the nose on your face. You came in here and proved my point! Thank you.

No I haven't I refuted all your questions on page 24 I believe it was. I came here and exposed your lies, without a shadow of a doubt the only brain washing is from the atheists secularists and people that have fooled themselvs into thinking they can be Gods themselvs. The Bible calls this idolatry.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I guarantee you that you never got an email that said he selected you as an "enemy". He's selected you as a "respected foe". I have people on my respected foes list.....

Where are you seeing "respected foe"?

When I view profiles I see "My Rivals".

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

All people on the earth are descendants of Adam & Eve (who were created by God).

Really? Weren't they from Africa? The Black Race? How do you explain the Asian People? The Native American People? The Polynesian People? Alien/Human Hybrids?
You may be made of mud and spittle, but I am not.

Yes really and I think I already explained this some pages ago. There is only one race the human race my friend.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Atheism is a religion people join to appear smarter.

Please stay on topic, and stop insulting people. I thought you said you do not insult people? Was that a lie?

Same with you... I find it funny how I wake up and check my inbox and there is 35 replys from you. I must have really upset your belief system or something. And you are accusing me of being the prideful one?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

I guarantee you that you never got an email that said he selected you as an "enemy". He's selected you as a "respected foe". I have people on my respected foes list.....

Where are you seeing "respected foe"?

When I view profiles I see "My Rivals".

I just looked at my profile, apparently they've changed the text. You're very new here based on your date of register. I'm not sure when Admin changed the terminology, but anyone who's been here at ATS for a little while will tell you it used to say "Respected Foes".

"Rivals" are still not "enemies", so the point is moot anyways.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

All people on the earth are descendants of Adam & Eve (who were created by God).

Really? Weren't they from Africa? The Black Race? How do you explain the Asian People? The Native American People? The Polynesian People? Alien/Human Hybrids?

Yes really and I think I already explained this some pages ago. There is only one race the human race my friend.

Ask him if in his worldview we all (Africans, Asians, Caucasians) come from a common ancestor. Then ask him why he's pissed off that we happen to know that common ancestor's name.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

I am afraid no matter which way you try and slice it, evolution is Scientifically impossible.

Fact one:

There is no known observable process by which new genetic information can be added to an organism's genetic code. NONE - that pretty much refutes evolution right away because theirs no way to go from a fish to an amphibian without adding new information.

Fact Two:

Never has it been observed that life can come from non-life.

Sigh....I can take three kernels of corn, each with no life within them, plant them in the Earth, add water, and a corn stalk will grow, and will produce nine ears of corn. The stalk is a living thing, it can be killed.

I can take a sharp edged, and jagged stone, and throw it into a creek. After many years, the stone will become rounded, and smooth.

Sperm and the Egg of Woman are not living things. Place them together, and a human life forms. The life form grows within the belly of Woman, and evolves into a living, breathing, sentient, intelligent being.

If these things are not Evolution, can you please define it for us?
To say evolution does not exist should really visit the Grand Canyon.
There is evolution is action. Have any children, RG? Did they grow and evolve?

First of all regarding evolution I have already explained evolution in a previous post, but the basic concept is man evolving from an amoeba over a long period of time. The fact that you don't even know what your own religion is about is a worrying thought.

The grand canyon is a great example of Noahs flood.

And people Children don't evolve, otherwise we would be seeing humans evolving into other species which certainly has never happened or atleast been observed.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Energy is not a biological organism and by itself has never been observed to create life.

ALL is ENERGY. All, get it? Biological organisms, material objects, the Earth itself is All Energy. Life comes from Energy. Wake up, will you?

Where did energy come from? Wake up, will you?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Could you show me this other Ancient History that discredits the bible? I'll be happy to take a look at it.

South park videos are really not evidence though I'm afraid. First you'll have to discredit the thousands of manuscripts that scholars agree are 95% accurate which all prove the new testament as being authentic.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I quote The grand canyon is a great example of Noahs flood. no it isn't.

geology.com...

It took millions of years to form. and before you post links to Christian websites which are flawed mine is a one made by and for real Geologists.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

These are the ATS members who often disagree with me, but challenge me to think harder and push myself to learn more in my quest to deny ignorance.. I do not consider these people my enemies, far from it. I also have a long list of ATS members with whom I've found similarity of thought in our quest for denying ignorance. But I guess you failed to mention them. Ah well.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Ask him if in his worldview we all (Africans, Asians, Caucasians) come from a common ancestor. Then ask him why he's pissed off that we happen to know that common ancestor's name.

Very well said. The thing I find strange about atheists is that they seem to have a problem with definite answers, maybe this is due to there world view being relative and there are no absolute truths according to there mind. I call this the box mentality. They are not rational people and have many double standards. The reason evolution competes so well with religion is because it is a religion.

For example look at the quote from this guy:

Originally posted by boymonkey74

geology.com...

It took millions of years to form. and before you post links to Christian websites which are flawed mine is a one made by and for real Geologists.

So he says the grand canyon isn't caused by the flood, he provides a link and before anyone has a chance to answer he says "all Christian websites are flawed" well how would he know our argument is flawed if he's not even willing to look at the evidence? He chooses to only look at one side. The double standards of evolutionists are incredible.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The grand canyon is a great example of Noahs flood.

It looks like you and undo are reading from different books, undo's verision fo the flood was local to the black sea....therefore could not have cause the formation of the grand canyon.

Originally posted by undo

...... it wasn't global, it was his barnyard. lol black sea flood. read the text. the word "all' was not in the original hebrew text there

Back to the brainwashing part......which one of you does not understand the "true" version of the flood?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The Geologists at AIG are not "real" Geologists?

Dr. Andrew Snelling

I fail to see how appealing to science is in any way a legitimate argument. Science is capricious, it changes CONSTANTLY. And lastly, you ridicule Christians by claiming that we use "circular argumentation", yet place Geologists who claim the Earth or fossils are millions of years old based on Geological observations. Then these secular sources will tell you that the way they predominately age the layers of rocks is by what fossils they contain, then they'll tell you we know the age of the fossils by what layer of rock they are found in.

Mmmkay.

edit on 31-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

geology.com...

The flood was only a localized phenomena encompassing only the people of Noah, not the entire planet. That is what it says in my book.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

geology.com...

The flood was only a localized phenomena encompassing only the people of Noah, not the entire planet. That is what it says in my book.

If the Flood was local, why did Noah have to build an Ark? He could have walked to the other side of the mountains and missed it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Thanks for the insight.
Hey, NotUrTypical.....whats your book say about the flood?

So far it appear we have 2 votes for local, and 1 vote for global.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join