It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Watching You ... DHS is Watching You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here is some eye opening revelations.

The White House routinely monitors and documents twitter and facebook chatter.

It is cloaked in secrecy and is designed to fool anybody anytime.

It is sinister and they play dirty.

This is real.

No wonder Congress wants internet control.

I wonder what THAT database looks like !!

The Obama administration is using fake FaceBook and Twitter accounts to monitor anyone who mentions such mundane political issues as illegal immigration, oil drilling, or even the word “recovery.” The newest invasion of conservatives’ privacy comes courtesy of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Rob Waugh of the UK Daily Mail reports:

The DHS outlined plans to scans blogs, Twitter and Facebook for words such as ‘illegal immigrant’, ‘outbreak’, ‘drill’, ‘strain’, ‘virus’, ‘recovery’, ‘deaths’, ‘collapse’, ‘human to animal’ and ‘trojan’, according to an ‘impact asssessment’ document filed by the agency.

When its search tools net an account using the phrases, they record personal information.

It’s still not clear how this information is used – and who the DHS shares it with.

The president and DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano seem interested in assuring no one finds out, either. The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), which promotes online privacy, states the Obama administration is stonewalling its Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request about the program. (Perhaps Obama’s bureaucrats learned their lesson. In June, EPIC received e-mails from administration officials proving that the Obama administration lied about the safety of airport scanners.)

No administration in history has been so thorough about using false pretexts to gather extensive, private information about its political opponents. Why does he want reams of private data? What does Obama intend to do with that information? Who else sees it?

Obama is Watching You

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So much for freedom of speech and privacy huh. We should lock them up for violations against the American people's "rights" we seem to have lost them all by now. Oh no wait I still have my guns, but thats it and for how long?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

This is really no surprise. It's been discussed before, yet people continue to use these two outlets for whatever reason. I've heard numerous excuses from people, but it's as if they're addicted to them, especially Facebook, and cannot tear themselves away.

It's as if the government has made it addictive on purpose. So, now people are more than happy to offer latest photos of themselves and their children and let the agencies know what they're doing on a daily basis. The equivalent would be for my dog to put on his own leash before we went for a walk.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is why I only "lol" or "rofl" on Facebook now, instead of actually voicing my opinions. Having a surprise visit by the CIA, and their ensuing chagrin because the visit didn't go the way their training said it would
, is not my idea of "a good example for my son".

/TOA

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7

So much for freedom of speech and privacy huh. We should lock them up for violations against the American people's "rights" we seem to have lost them all by now. Oh no wait I still have my guns, but thats it and for how long?

Good idea.

But some of the identities are sockpuppets.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Obama is Watching You

I'm boring. If he's 'watching' me then he's gotta' have no life. I'm sure he personally isn't bothering because he's too busy on the golf course and too busy 'being lazy'. (his words this week). As for homeland security watching ... I haven't said anything that isn't true.

Side note .... a 'shout out' to who ever in DHS is stuck reading my posts. Sorry I'm so boring.
U2U me and we'll chat about hockey

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
One more thing I'd like to add is the cold shoulder you get from people when you tell them you're not on Facebook. They truly look at you as if you have worms crawling out of your eyes; or you've entered a frat party and said you don't drink and the room falls silent. It's a weird sort of peer pressure Facebook fans place upon their real life friends.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
One more thing I'd like to add is the cold shoulder you get from people when you tell them you're not on Facebook. They truly look at you as if you have worms crawling out of your eyes; or you've entered a frat party and said you don't drink and the room falls silent. It's a weird sort of peer pressure Facebook fans place upon their real life friends.

Good analogy.
But I'll add to it...

It's like when a child in elementary school doesn't have the latest brand of sneakers.
And the other children laugh or call that child a "loser".

That's what I'd compare facebook users to...

Children in elementary school.
It's all just a big popularity contest.
And the principal is keeping detailed records of their activity.

I'm glad I'm not in it.
I count my blessings everyday that I never signed up for that crap.
I'll keep my life private....thank you.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I liked your analogy. It's spot on.
"But, ... but, ... how can we be friends in real life if we aren't friends in cyberspace?"

I think only an X class flare will get people away from Facebook.

Can you or anyone explain to me why MySpace didn't catch on like Facebook has? I wasn't on MySpace either, but I knew people who were and I don't understand why Facebook crushed MySpace when they were basicly the same thing. Was MySpace a test?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have a facebook account. It makes things easy to keep family members up to date with pictures and that sort of thing. I go on once or twice a week. We all live far from each other, and I have Sjogrens which makes speaking on the phone very difficult. So facebook and email are it for me.

Nothing that I have on Facebook could be even slightly alarming to DHS.

(but then again ... red velvet cupcakes are now a no-no at airports, so I guess you never know.
)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Facebook ARE THE CIA it was funded by the CIAs investment arm InQTel when they realised how much information people would give away, Bebo/myspace et all. so they took a stolen idea and they started work on getting more intel. They have facial recognition in place now for **** sake! Wake up!

There was a survey I saw from Chicago I believe, 31% of 5-7 year olds believe the 3 wise men found out about the birth of Jesus on facebook! Asides from the obvious, its meant to be over 13s anyway? Those 5-7 year olds will have a pretty large file by the time they are my age (30) Will they have ruined their chances of a career by the time they are 18 cos of something they posted once?

There are so many horrors that facebook could assist with, I mean shall we start with some religious/racial profiling? I bet there is a script for that, Facebook is asking the same questions employers are not allowed to ask you. I wonder why. Eg what school did you go to? Are you gay? Do you hold anti establishment view? Are any of your friends black? etc etc

Thankfully Anonymous might actually do something about this as opposed to us arguing if its actually a conspiracy or not, it is a conspiracy. Many prominent people have said it was a conspiracy, we know in our hearts it is.

edit on 29-12-2011 by trustnothing because: spelling, clarification

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What about your friends? There is that Friend Connector so they can figure out who you associate with and can label as one of "them".

Try to ignore the reptilian aspect that this video is focusing on and just listen to what these guys are talking about in relation to how they can label you according to your friends. It's discussed in the first minutes of the video.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
What does Obama intend to do with that information? Who else sees it?

Obama is Watching You

I sometimes think there may be data related to - Timothy McVeigh - type individuals or what MAY be considered domestic terrorist. There MAY be simular chatter as its called on the homeland communications to what is seen in other countries around the world, but the chatter may be civilians of the US upset at the current administration and may feel they deserve more and feel the country is theirs to take. With this in mind I wondered would the US speak on these domestic terrorist activities IF PLOTS ARE BEING SET UP. Or would the US keep a closed mouth and just seek them out toprevent a domino effect on potential followers????? Many should already know basically the patriot act USED ON FOREIGN TERRORIST would be used elsewhere. Just like the drones and maybe the security blimps USED ON FOREIGN TERRORIST and also used elsewhere.. The world is changing so fast.

[COLOR=RED]

NOW OUTTA BOX!!! IF THERE WAS SAY A GLOBAL TPTB AND IT CONSISTED OF ALL GLOBALLEADERS AND THEY DISCUSSED THE REBUILDING OR RISE* OF COUNTRY SYSTEMS AND THE DESTRUCTION OF OTHER COUNTRY SYSTEMS THEN. IT MAY BE SET UP TO UPSET A CERTAIN PART OF THE POPULATION OF THE AMERICANAZ --HOW EVER YOU UPSET THEM-- TO REBEL. KNOWING IN THE DISCUSSIONS THE REBELLION WILL CAUSE A COLLAPS WHICH CAN CAUSE A UN INTERVENTION TO SUSTAIN WHICH MAY INVOLVE ANOTHER SUPER POWER RESETTING THE AMERICANAZ??? SO IF THE LOCAL OR HOMELAND TERRORIST REALLY FEEL THEY ARE GOING TO HELP THEY MAY BE A PRESET AND HYPOTHISISED TRIGGER MECHANISIM FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF THAT IN WHICH THEY WISH TO REGAIN CONTROL OF. VERY MENTAL ON PLANET EARTH SOME CANNOT SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO BE MINIPULATED EVEN 1 HAS BEEN MINIPULATED AT TIMES. SO YOU END UP WITH 1 FAIL ANOTHER RISE AND THOSE IN CONTROL STILL THERE. [/COLOR]
edit on 12/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

How is watching what people say a violation of freedom of speech? I don't see the connection here.

If you don't want anyone to know it, you don't put it on the net. If you wouldn't shout it from the courthouse steps, then you shouldn't put it on the net.

The opposite can be said, that the government is actually listening to people's concerns.

But that takes away your excuse to flame them.

I wonder why people think they are so important that the government is using large amounts of resources to watch them.
edit on 29-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

It did, it was huge, it was better and far more customizable, There were actually businesses offering page layouts and animations etc then facebook came along and crushed it. I still have a myspace, it was better for new music etc as most if not all artists had a page and would often let you hear their 4 latest tunes for free.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Headband7

How is watching what people say a violation of freedom of speech? I don't see the connection here.

If you don't want anyone to know it, you don't put it on the net. If you wouldn't shout it from the courthouse steps, then you shouldn't put it on the net.

The opposite can be said, that the government is actually listening to people's concerns.

I wonder why people think they are so important that the government is using large amounts of resources to watch them.
edit on 29-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

People unaware would be having a breach of privacy.

Not everyone is aware, many are innocent kids.

We can not assume.

People who are aware may "voluntarily" be limiting their comments.

That "could" be a free speech violation.

The genuine violation comes when what you say can and will be used against you.....even if they do not read your rights to you.

Public internet forums and accounts do not guarantee an expectation of privacy !

That's the whole issue with "spying".

Do not assume all people know what you know or think.

It is not that simple.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The only way to determine that is to ask direct questions about issues.

They are not doing that.

It could also be coersion.

Again, most people have no idea what this is.

edit on Dec-29-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Another thing that bothers me about Facebook is not the fact that it's monitored, but how it's montitored.

Kids and adults use it to attack people and bully. Kids and adults have committed suicide over such instances, yet I've never heard of Facebook removing these comments to protect the user. They only seem to monitor the stuff that they don't find acceptable video and content wise, yet they'll feign innocence when someone is bullied into committing suicide through their own creation. Where's the responibility and how can they look the other way when someone is being cyber abused. They've created the tool, yet they don't seem to care if it's used to cause pain and/or death.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I think this pretty much covers that aspect, from the terms. www.facebook.com...

"WE TRY TO KEEP FACEBOOK UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK."

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It's not about what "people" think.

It's about what officials "think" and get paid for.

We are NOT dealing with normal rational politicians here.

They are achieved psychopaths.

We know that the DHS keeps announcing new and added definitions for "terrorists".

What does all that mean.

They even classified "Constitutionalists" as terrorists a few years ago.

The government officials are paranoid and psychopathic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join