It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Survival gear did you get for Christmas 2011?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by METACOMET
Did you get an M14 or an M1A? Either way, total score! Talk about a Merry Christmas!

Springfield M14 with the Cherry wood stock. Its by far the nicest gun i have. plus the attached scope mount and scope

My advice to you is to stick close to your family always. They seem to really love you and thats where you belong.

And i will need you to have them sign and return my adoption papers.....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Damn. The one thing i was forgetting for the zombie apocalypse.....clean up gear.

Nobody wants the stench of zombie juice left over in the carpet.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I got a carpet cleaner.

HEY, every survival pad needs clean carpets. Don’t want to live in a post SHTF world with dirty carpets now do we. lol

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

you guys,

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I bought myself a welder for Christmas. This weekend a friend and myself have plans to build our first Wood Gas Generator a.k.a. Biomass Generator. Wish us luck.

Here is an example of one if you don't know.

edit on 27-12-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Thats sweet! not trying to make a joke but be careful and try not to blow yourself up. Those gas-a-firers can get unstable if you dont do it right.

all in all its a great idea to get off the grid!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I appreciate your concern and will try and be careful. That's why you always do these type of projects with at least one crazy friend. He is the one you hand the lighter to.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A coffee maker.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
A coffee maker.

We all need coffee for those early morning patrols

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i got a very cool gift home brew system with frem-enter* and tap along with hops booster brewers yeast and home brew book
very cool
what good is surviveing with out a quality beer you made
edit on 27-12-2011 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
i got a very cool gift home brew system with frem-enter* and tap along with hops booster brewers yeast and home brew book
very cool
what good is surviveing with out a quality beer you made
edit on 27-12-2011 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

Thats a good point. beer is a great barter in post SHTF world

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

oh right i did not even think of that i could trade spirts for weapons or food

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Crank flashlight, does not need batteries. I gave it to myself and 5 others. The only thing I got from anybody was a candy cane.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Flannel Pajamas. They're warm and will last for several years. Also as they get older you can make quilts or blankets from them. I also got a big bag of tea light candles which I asked for. They're convenient to use and small enough to be easy to carry.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I bought it for myself. Emergency Essentials... I've tried it out twice already. Pretty nifty.
edit on 27-12-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Erm........Jealous much of that M14.

I bought myself a 40l dry bag by Eurohike, Gorilla Duct Tape, Gorilla Glue, Gorilla Super Glue
and a Leatherman Wave I picked up brand new for £35(with a free LED torch...bonus!).
(my family did a secret satan so thats why I bought myself so much
)

I recieved a Eurohike Down 500 4 Season Mummy Bag with a -21 Extreme rating from the old mother, A Cougar extendable and magnetic LED torch for my secret satan, a DD 3.5x4.5 metre Tarpaulin/Basha from the old man and finally some Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut butter and Chilli jam from my sister......yum.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
none of those weapons will do you any good.

PResident Obama sold China the military's LRAD sound weapon.

They now can subdue you long before they are in range of your rifle. Firearms are now obsolete self defense weapons.

President Clinton put sanctions on China for selling military arms to Iran. America couldn't sell military arms to China after those sanctions. PResident Obama had the State Department declare the LRAD weapon "not a weapon" so it could be exported to China.

Riiiight.....think the Federal Government will let you buy the LRAD sound weapon then?....not a chance.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I got my husband a nice crossbow alot of arrows and blades and a hand crank emergency radio and light setup I got a flint fire starter and a heirloom seeds mega pack-has over 42000 non GM seeds to grow about 100 different fruits and veggies.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

My wife and I mainly had a big dinner and cool off from zombie/wrol/prepping or mainly me with her support..Just had a great family meal with my wife and her grandparents..Tried not to think about all this BS going on and just stop and smell the roses
But.................................................

Our present that costs us quite a bit was a 2year old German Sheppard with 2yrs of training under his belt from a Russian breeder here in nor cal..We bought JEK 3 months ago for our family protection and accessory to our home def. My first German Sheppard and he is by far the best. Ha My wife and I have got him to bark at the name ZOMBIE!!!! will work on a few other names to bark and attack...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Can't say I received much in terms of survival gear but I did get a few items. A dozen carbon fibre arrow shafts, a Gerber fixed blade 4" hunting knife, and a dozen broadhead arrow heads. Not much but it's a huge help in case something comes along lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join