It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican opens secret Archives

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanny
With 50 miles of shelves! these 100 documents must be huge! Imagine if they opened them there, 100 boring nothing to say papers infront of 50 miles of documents, The most important! so the rest must be a load of nothing to say either.

Excellent point. It seems stupid to say the least to just release 100 documents out of millions of documents, objects, and devices. Why not release all the documentation to the world? Who determined the importance of those documents because what's important to one person may not be to another?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

as you have no idea what they actually hold - what releases would satisfy you ???????

the problem with any " disclosure " is not what is disclosed - but what people expect should be disclosed - and what they imagine is being with held

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by chr0naut

What's the point in debating which of these cultures were superior to each other? In my mind they were all advanced, I was reading recently that within the Sumerian tablets that a number was discovered, a very very large number that was very specific. Well they did some calculations recently and it turns out that the number precisely equals the number of SECONDS in the precession of the equinox, and that is an amazing fact in my mind.

I feel that while we assert that the Sumerians were our first 'civilized' culture we do ignore a lot of other data that seems to suggest a previous civilization that may have influenced these cultures. Gobekli Tepei is one piece of evidence for previously existing advanced civilizations, as it is apparently dated at around 10,000bc. People here seem to get pretty down on the sumerians, I guess that mostly stems from the Annunaki thing and Zacharia Sitchin, although I feel that if you look a little deeper into that culture you find some pretty amazing things, they were also on to the precession of the equinox and its relationship to human evolution, which is a pretty remarkable achievement. Cheers

I agree that calculation of the number of seconds in the precession of the Equinoxes would be fairly amazing, especially as they had no timepieces that could divide the day down to so small an increment. The base measurement of the specific points to measure from and to, to apply the knowledge of this number, are therefore, problematical.

This is not to say that they didn't do it.

Some clay tablets had fairly amazing math for a time that did not even include the concept of zero or the concept of "place" that we use in our decimal (Arabic derived, and much later than the Sumerians) number system.

The Sumerian number system was base 12 or base 60 and was very hard to do maths with (especially to those who have embraced the relative mathematical ease of our decimal system).

But Arabic numerals, the concept of zero and Pythagorean relationships were all concepts that would not arise until centuries or even millennia later.

I would love to know the source of the details of the Sumerian calculation of the Equinoxes if you could provide it.

edit on 28/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I wonder if they have simalar devices to the Antikythera mechanism deep down in there archives, i bet there are rows of mechanical devices just sitting there waiting to debunk there version of history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join