It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush AWOL, Refused Direct Order, Suspended. (UPDATE: Documents may be forged)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Get your own email

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

as mentioned by Bley
Kerry has only chance here to separate his campaign from the actions of a few loyalists.

Not going to happen as long as Kerry continues to give campaign jobs to past Clintonistas, ie: those loyalists, such as....

It wouldn't surprise me at all ifin' those cropped up Bush National Guard "documents" weren't masterminded by Mr. James Carville...you know....the man who has masterminded/devised the most dramatic political victories of our generation......

seekerof

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ooooh! Scared of Carville are we?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Ooooh! Scared of Carville are we?

Not at all, the addition of Carville and Begala to the Kerry campaign all but assures a Bush victory. Remember, they are working on Hillary's run in 2008, not Kerry in 2004... Another JFK done in by subterfuge and shadowy figures...

JFK Conspiracy Monkeys, not just for the "Grassy Knoll" anymore...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Dan Rather has been known to exaggerate before:

Rather knows he is skirting the truth about his record, Burkett believes. "He�s made such a big deal out of this �I�m a Marine� thing. I mean, to a real Marine, you�re not a Marine � I mean even though you swore an oath and you�re technically on the payroll, you�re not a real Marine until you get out of basic training. And he never got out of recruit training."

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Bush had skipped his medical, was AWOL and suspended

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm curious if we are seeing the "Moore effect" at work here - the truth may be damning but with a little tweaking we can make it criminal.

I'm still of the opinion that these memos were created/forged to substantiate or prove allegations made by those who were already questioning Bush's record. The logic being that one man's word against anothers is a matter of conjecture, but to actually produce a document that verifies ones recollections - well, now you have a smoking gun.

It is one thing to debate a man's record - the public will determine who has the most credibility. But to create false documents in an attempt to "prove" your man is more credible is unforgiveable.

Kerry - if you hope to weather this - demand CBS release the names of the experts they relied on, request that the source of the memos be identified and demand that the originals be examined by a panel of independent experts. Trust me - you have nothing to lose.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
******Raising Hand******

Carville scares me...yet I can't stop looking at that photo of him.
I do spend some time in the cryptozoology Forums though.

This also reminds me of shuffling your feet over an ant hill...
Then watching them scurry, to-and-fro to repair the damage.

Except, of course, a few ants, who refuse to accept the reality of their
crushed home.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
CBS is vehemently sticking to their story, saying the documents came from "unimpeachable" sources:

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040910/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_guard_questions

this gets more interesting every day, and more similar to the Daily Mirror fiasco (I believe I said Daily Mail earlier... sorry about that!). Forgeries based on events that actually occured. Very odd. The Editor took the fall for those photos, I'm wondering if we'll see some heads rolling at CBS in the near future?

www.guardian.co.uk...

-koji K.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I do believe these are fakes, but they're fakes not made by democrats but by Republicans. This is one very very obvious fudge up and if you're hiring someone to do a forgery they're not going to sit and type away on MS word. Bush has too much to gain from this.

I was waiting for this kind of unfounded accusation. Knew it had to come soon. First, can we wait until we have a definative answer to the forgery question before we turn this into a vast right wing conspiracy? And second, if forgery is proven, can we perhaps wait until some some evidence is found befoe we place blame?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I do believe these are fakes, but they're fakes not made by democrats but by Republicans. This is one very very obvious fudge up and if you're hiring someone to do a forgery they're not going to sit and type away on MS word. Bush has too much to gain from this.

Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim. Blame the victim.

[edit on 04/9/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Grady, just chill

Obviously you mastered the cut and paste technique, congrats

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Critics claim typewriters didn't have that ability in the 1970s. But some models did. In fact, other Bush military records already released by the White House itself show the same superscript � including one from 1968.
CBS

Oh no! Now the White House is faking documents! That's why they have been so quiet.

EDIT: Actually, Bush spokesman Scott McClellan said today, "We don't know if the documents are fabricated or authentic" I don't know, the White House doesn't know, how can some be so certain? How can you make up your minds in a day, without all the facts? Is this how you believed the Swift Vets too?

[edit on 10-9-2004 by curme]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Grady, just chill

Obviously you mastered the cut and paste technique, congrats

Miraculous isn't it? And fun, too!

[edit on 04/9/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Grady,

So what exactly are you trying to say?

I have a feeling I'll be hearing and reading that many more times than you have time to CnP..

Either that, or the sound of crickets chirping..

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
curme's CBS article is very interesting to me...

"This report was not based solely on recovered documents, but rather on a preponderance of evidence, including documents that were provided by unimpeachable sources, interviews with former Texas National Guard officials and individuals who worked closely back in the early 1970s with Colonel Jerry Killian and were well acquainted with his procedures, his character and his thinking,"

Good. So why won't they give us the "unimpeachable sources". Or the names of the other individuals, preferably ones not openly supporting the John Kerry campaign. Aside from Bob Strong I have heard of no one.

Yet Killians own family, whom it would seem the most likely to be holding his personal papers deny the authenticity of the documents. The CBS story does not mention them at all.

"In addition, the documents are backed up not only by independent handwriting and forensic document experts but by sources familiar with their content," the statement continued. "Contrary to some rumors, no internal investigation is underway at CBS News nor is one planned."

Who are the experts? They go on to mention one, Marcel Mately, a handwriting expert, but who are the others? And, who did the forensics work? It seems that releasing these names would not harm the identity of the source, and could posibly provide information to clear CBS of the forgery charges, yet they have not released them. Why? And no internal investigation? Again, why?

Strong says the highly charged political atmosphere of the National Guard at the time was perfectly represented in the new documents.

"Perfectly represented". Does it seem strange to anyone that these documents would be "found" at such a convenient time? And that they happen to address a grey area in the Presidents record so perfectly?

Matley finds the signatures to be some of the most compelling evidence.

The only expert CBS mentions by name is a hand writing expert. The questions on thes documents stem from the type, yet none of the experts that say it could be from a typewriter are named. Why?

I for one am not ready to form an opinion from the evidence available at this time, but believe there are many questions that CBS should answer, and hope they step up to the plate with the information they have.

EDIT - Spelling

[edit on 9/10/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Grady,

That little Red-Flag you have...Is that a Medal, or a ribbon?

This whole thread, it's a keeper.
Denial at it's best..

Space

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

It's a festering wound. I have been treated by a "medical officer" to stanch the bleeding and the appropriate papers have been filed. This is my third wound suffered in action. I may not be long for this board.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It's a festering wound. I have been treated by a "medical officer" to stanch the bleeding and the appropriate papers have been filed. This is my third wound suffered in action. I may not be long for this board.

Fester no more, my erstwhile Jarhead companion. My time as a Corpsman will endow me with the necessary �arts� to heal your wounds, and steel you constitution, till once again you can stand in your country's honor.

That being said, I regret to inform you that such wounds do not qualify for a medal (any medal, much less a Purple Heart), but your continued service is appreciated. This may seem unfair, but in light of certain claims of unfounded heroism and valor, the standards have become more stringent (i.e. you have to actually do �something� for such an award). Sorry about the draconian standards, but it is an election year after all (and your political predisposition excludes you from any consideration).

Hippocratic Monkeys, not just for �owies� anymore�

[edit on 10/9/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Fester no more, my erstwhile Jarhead companion. My time as a Corpsman will endow me with the necessary �arts� to heal your wounds, and steel you constitution, till once again you can stand in your country's honor.

That being said, I regret to inform you that such wounds do not qualify for a medal.... Hippocratic Monkeys, not just for �owies� anymore�

Your kind words of reassurance are greatly appreciated. Surely, I will endure and overcome the ignominy of being denied a medal for my armchair polemics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join