It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seventh Seal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Let me start this thread by saying im not a religous person in any way, although i do keep an open mind about there being some sort of creator.

I also dont get involved in the "end of times" story's/threads, just to much speculation for my likings.

Last night i had a very vivid dream, the kind of dream you have where you cant get back to sleep because you cant get it out of your head.
i had been up till very late playing battlefield3. My dream started out as me being in a real life battlefield, i was running through a war torn city looking for enemys when i spot a what looks like 3 or 4 enemy, as i get closer i see these things are not people, they look about 8ft tall with illuminated heads, but as in dreams its hard to give a good description as they seem to morph into different appearances.
These beings then approach me quickly so i unload my weapon on them to no affect, then they become one.
The single being now charges towards me laughing, it starts shooting at me with some kind of weapon that i have no trouble with dodging. I then run into an open doorway with the creature just behind me, as i enter the room i turn and close the two swinging doors. As i close these doors i hear the being say "let the Humans seal the seventh seal" then an evil laugh as the doors completly shut.

I woke up and couldnt sleep again, i ha never heard of "The seventh seal" or "the seven seals" before, so i googled it, and the results sent a shiver through me.
I was expecting to see a new movie or game, somthing that i have subconsciously seen recently.

I dont have many dreams that disturb me, but this one has.

Heres what come up when i google "The Seven seals"

The Seventh Seal (Swedish: Det sjunde inseglet) is a 1957 Swedish film written and directed by Ingmar Bergman. Set during the Black Death, it tells of the journey of a medieval knight (Max von Sydow) and a game of chess he plays with the personification of Death (Bengt Ekerot), who has come to take his life. Bergman developed the film from his own play Wood Painting. The title refers to a passage from the Book of Revelation, used both at the very start of the film, and again towards the end, beginning with the words "And when the Lamb had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour" (Revelation 8:1). Here the motif of silence refers to the "silence of God" which is a major theme of the film.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

The Seven Seals is a phrase in the Book of Revelation that refers to seven symbolic seals that secure the book or scroll, that John of Patmos saw in his Revelation of Jesus Christ. The opening of the seals, on the Apocalyptic document occurs in Revelation Chapters 5-8. In John's vision, the only one worthy to open the book is referred to as both the "Lion of Judah" and the "Lamb having seven horns and seven eyes".[

en.wikipedia.org...

i think this dream means we Humans are or will be the reason for the apocalypse. any ideas?

I never read any religous text or read any dooms day stuff, so im really confused as to how this seven seals ever got in my head.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

The word apocalypse is rooted in the greek word apoc which means "to reveal", it has the same meaning as Revelation as in the book of Revelations (Revealings). It does not mean the world is ending. What it does mean is there is about to be great change taking place. As in the case of the bible's book of Revelation it is about the revealing of Jesus Christ to the entire world on the day of judgement when he returns and destroys the wicked and imprisons Lucifer for 1000 years in which he reigns on earth and brings a lasting peace to humanity for those 1000 years.

That being said. If youre not wicked and believe in Jesus, then you won't be destroyed. It's those that side with Lucifer and reject Christ that are going to have a rough time.

The meaning of your dream was a warning to you to prepare and to stop denying Jesus. Count yourself lucky, he doesn't always make his calling so clear cut as that. No man can seal the seventh seal, no man can open it, only Jesus can do this. I'm not saying you have to go to church, but you should consider at least asking Jesus to come into your heart and change you and be your light in this dark world. It doesn't take alot of words to accept him, just ask him to save you and then believe it and then pick up a bible and start with reading the book of Acts. Acts is the best book for new believers to start with as it begins teaching you the guideline all new christians need to learn.
edit on 26-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Revelation 8 :1-5

1] When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

2) And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

3) Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne.

4) The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand.

5) Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm not surprised you couldn't get back to sleep after that dream... I also think you had this dream because you are being given a chance to really wake up... like lonewolf is saying above..

One thing I have learned for sure about how God reveals things is that you never know who he will choose for certain things, and in every single case where these things have happened, the person it happened to doesn't understand why it was them that it happened to...

This shows to me that it is because God loves each person equally as great, no matter what kind of things you have done in life, good or bad...and that every single person alive has the chance to choose and choose well, or choose poorly. but which choice people make is not going to be for lack of knowing.. Those who will reach out to know God, will know..

I think your dream is some sort of prophetic message because of what was said, and especially how you feel about it now after it happened...

Cheers

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadfortruth1

I think this dream means we Humans are or will be the reason for the apocalypse. any ideas?

Humans will be the reason for the apocalypse, but probably not for the same reason you're thinking. This apocalypse will happen to convince humans that God does exist and will play out just as the Bible has always said it will. The ultimate reason for the apocalypse is to save humans and destroy Satan and his evil minions.

If you compare your dream to many other stories of near death experiences, visions of Hell, etc., Satan is always mocking and laughing at them when they enter "Hell". That evil laugh you heard was evil itself. Protect yourself from it. It brings Satan much joy to win a human soul away from God. His goal is to take as many humans down with him as he possibly can in order to try and "prove" to God the power that he has over them. This is why we have free will. God will allow us to choose who we want to follow. Along the way, God gives signs to people like you to help you to recognize the truth, and then to make a choice.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Humans did reach 7 billion at the end of October..so maybe the 7th seal was the 7 billion people on earth.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

It is written that in the last days he shall pour out his spirit and mankinds sons and daughters shall prophecy and have visions. It is also written that young men will dream dreams and old men will see visions and portents of future events.

I have had a few that give me the willies.

I had one dream back in the summer after asking Jesus to give me a sign of his will for me. Everynight i waited, and for a week nothing came. On the seventh night i had a dream and it was as real as your or me. I could smell the dirt behind me, i could feel the wind on my face and it was either fall or winter as there were no leaves on the trees. There was a long line of men, women and even children, and we all began to hold hands and sing "amazing grace" as that is the only song all denominations in christianity know. I looked down behind me and there was a great trench dug and it went for miles beyond sight and men and women all stood along this trench and held hands. Then i looked up and saw men in uniform, policemen and military of all nations and different colored uniforms with different flags on them and i could smell the oil from their assault rifles. As we sang, i heard commanders yelling out "ready! aim!fire!" and they opened fire on all of us as we stood there. I felt the bullets hit my body and explode out of my back and men and women began screaming and i shook with the force of the impact as the bullets blew through my body. Then i woke up because my wife was shaking me awake, and i asked her "whats wrong?" because she was clearly frightened and she said i woke her up because i was thrashing in my sleep and i hit her several times while i was flailing in my sleep and she thought i was having a siezure.

When I was flailing in my sleep and hit her was when in my dream i was being torn apart by rifle rounds, and in that dream i felt everything like i was there.

I don't know whats going to go down but that dream had something to do with the martyrs who die in the tribulation, and it made me a little sad to think that i might be unworthy to go in the rapture if it happens...that dream made me cry. It was like i was being shoved into a future event because it was so real and i could smell everything and fell everything.
edit on 26-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The seventh Skol

edit on 26-12-2011 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Humans did reach 7 billion at the end of October..so maybe the 7th seal was the 7 billion people on earth.

7 is the number of completion in the bible. The numbers 7 and 13 show up the most often. Jesus and the apostles are 13, there's 13 months in the hebrew calendar too.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thanks for your kind words and advice. This dream is really sticking with me so your info is very appreciated.

I was raised in a family that never promoted any specific religon, it was never even disscused. but i still know what is right and what is wrong, and i treat people (any race and any colour) with respect, I have a huge amount of empathy for all people aswell as animals.

when asked what religon i am, i always say "none, Im a free spirit". At the same time i have never dismissed Jesus or God, I just have always thought that if he was so, he wouldnt want me spending my life worshiping him and worrying about the after life, he would want me to live and love life and do the right thing.

I hope I havn't disrspected anyone with my lack of knowledge on the bible but i believe if everyone lived as i do the world would be a better place, in my opinion religon is just a way to control people.

I want to learn more so I will get a copy of the book of Acts and open myself up to the idea, but i will also stick to what feels right to me.

Thanks again to you and everyone for the feed back.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

That evil laugh you heard was evil itself. Protect yourself from it. It brings Satan much joy to win a human soul away from God. His goal is to take as many humans down with him as he possibly can in order to try and "prove" to God the power that he has over them. This is why we have free will. God will allow us to choose who we want to follow.
reply to post by Deetermined

Thanks for your words, i will take them on-board.
I feel im a good person the way i live, so i know who i'll choose.

i dont mean this as a joke, but it occured to me that maybe Satan picked up on me playing a war game and getting a lot of enjoyment from shooting other players, and saw a door open for him in me.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Thanks for your reply, very well said.
you guys have all helped me make some sense out of it.

cheers

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thanks for your kind words and advice. This dream is really sticking with me so your info is very appreciated.

I was raised in a family that never promoted any specific religon, it was never even disscused. but i still know what is right and what is wrong, and i treat people (any race and any colour) with respect, I have a huge amount of empathy for all people aswell as animals.

when asked what religon i am, i always say "none, Im a free spirit". At the same time i have never dismissed Jesus or God, I just have always thought that if he was so, he wouldnt want me spending my life worshiping him and worrying about the after life, he would want me to live and love life and do the right thing.

I hope I havn't disrspected anyone with my lack of knowledge on the bible but i believe if everyone lived as i do the world would be a better place, in my opinion religon is just a way to control people.

I want to learn more so I will get a copy of the book of Acts and open myself up to the idea, but i will also stick to what feels right to me.

Thanks again to you and everyone for the feed back.

Well, despite what you think. Jesus loves being worshipped, it ads to his glory (his glory is his light). Him being God in person just ads to that even more. He wants you spending your life keeping his commandments and his teachings and honoring him thatway, worshipping him is just one aspect of that and there should be no shame in that. I worship him all the time even in public, if people look at me wierd i don't care. If you want to spit in Lucifer's eye worship Jesus because that really pisses him off.

It is very important not to reject Jesus because he said that any man who rejects him before men, that he will reject them before the angels and that any many who acknowledges him in front of men he will acknowledge him in front of the Father. He is the embodiment of peace and harmony. I know in this day and age alot of people feel strange, but i have no problems saying i love Jesus. If anyone deserves our love it is him, he's the only one in the universe who died for us so that we could be with him. It is a good thing you are open minded otherwise you wouldn't have heard his call. You heard his call and recieved his message because he has chosen you, not many can claim that honor. All may come to him but to those he chooses, he has chosen to be a leader of his people. Obviously there is something within you he sees within your heart that he has chosen you for. It is a great honor. It has been a pleasure talking with you and i hope in the days to come you may learn more about him as he reveals himself to you.

Peace, and happy holidays.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The devil is a tricky bastard. When presented with options i have found there is always a distraction or illusion option paired with the truer not illusion options. These distractions creap into your mind and play on your weakness and work against you to guide you or mislead you.

I think dreaming takes place in this plane of illusion known as the dream world.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by rabzdguy

7 is the number of completion in the bible. The numbers 7 and 13 show up the most often. Jesus and the apostles are 13, there's 13 months in the hebrew calendar too.

While I usually poo-poo religious talk despite being interested in it and believing there may be something out there, I have a question that I hope you can answer.

If a person is born on the 7th of a month and has seen 7 a lot throughout life, does that mean anything in religious terms? I mean, that plus the fact I was born weeks later than I should've been and match my horoscope exactly by being an extremely intelligent person with an extensive artistic side makes me wonder if perhaps I was meant to be born on that exact day and fulfil the personality traits of my star sign so that I can do something. I just don't know what.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Are you me posting on an alternate timeline on an alternate account or something?

All of that and especially the bolded part is exactly me right down to a tee.

Spooky.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

All of that and especially the bolded part is exactly me right down to a tee.

maybe we should give it a name and start a new movement

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to anyone that putting the notion that "religion is just a way to control people" into your head was something Satan planted there in order to control you himself?

edit on 27-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Did it ever occur to anyone that putting the notion that "religion is just a way to control people" into your head was something Satan planted there in order to control you himself?
reply to post by Deetermined

Most likley not, as the people who entertain that notion dont generally believe in Satan in the first place, they just see the distruction and harm religions have caused (myself included)

It could also go the other way, maybe Satan puts false religions out there to keep people blinded from the real truth. I have seen alot of evil from some if not most religions. I also see alot of prejudice and hypocracy from religious groups.

I see all people of the world as equal, where as i continually here Americans say "god save America" to me it's just wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Perfectly understandable. The church is imperfect because it's made up of imperfect people, but it's also another trick that the Bible says Satan will use to cause a great falling away from the church. There are plenty of Christians who feel the same way. It reminds me of a dream my sister had where her car was broadsided and when the driver of the car that hit her got out, instead of handing her their insurance information, they handed her a church bulletin with all of the names of the church's members on it. LOL! I know she feels somewhat "damaged" herself by this, but she realizes that it will all change when God decides to take control and remove Satan from the earth.

And yes, as the master of confusion and lies, Satan has created many different religions to draw away from the truth and to create more disharmony.

edit on 27-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join