It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the Left Try so hard to Justify Terrorists in the Middle East?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Radical Muslims are more extreme than the right wing of America FYI. They do all of their "activities" based on their religious mythology. The Jihad is strong in Muslim countries. They want to ignite a religious war against any non-Muslim believers. Now, of course not all Muslims want this just the extremists, and unfortunately there are a lot of them.

So when the "right-wing" talk about how there is a Muslim problem, or Muslims attacked us on 9/11. They are right in the context that the extreme Muslims play in this world! Of course the biggest one being that Bin Laden targeted USA in the name of Allah. But I guess that's a conspiracy theory huh?

Another lame excuse the left gives is that we shouldn't hurt the terrorists because then we should hurt all extremist groups or none at all. In America, it doesn't work that way. We don't have a "commie" problem because (today) they are a relatively small group of people with little political power. Same with any other small religious cult or political party. We can't kill an idea no and I agree with that, but we can kill the leaders of the movement and show them how wrong they were to attack our country in the name of their religion.

Die Hard Christians are just as extreme as the terrorists???

Are you kidding me? Wake up! The very people the left sympathizes with support want to kill Gays and Atheists too! At least Christians are pretty tolerant of them. Christians aren't going to kill their relatives if they find out they are atheists that argument was very weak. The jihad/extreme Muslim idea is to kill Americans to spread Islam just like we do the same thing to spread democracy. This type of rationalization terrorism will mean that everyone is extreme and thus would destroy freedom of speech. (maybe that's why we have NDAA today) Which not everyone has, especially in the Muslim world. As my father says, "everyone is crazy different."

Violence is not the answer:

The "peace-loving" "Anti-War" left insist that because these people attacked us on 9/11 we shouldn't have done anything about it? We should have studied them and figured out why they did this and sit down and talk to them about it? Muslim extremists attacked us on 9/11 in the name of their God spreading their religious mythology onto others! That is a FACT! Stated by numerous politicians, religious leaders, and International Government Agencies. To just sit around is one of the worst foreign policy practices! Lolz. Psycho-babble doesn't work on terrorists who hate our country based on their religious mythology and our ideals! You can't make extremists change their minds.

There is no simple reason for their attacks:

Are you kidding? They scream Allah at the top of their lungs and pray eight hours a day before doing such attacks. It's a religious journey for them almost because they do not want to live in the physical world anymore and they are called to give to the cause of the Jihad Holy War.

Their Calendar is backwards:

Yes, I have actually heard this excuse before. Really, If it's the year 1379 in their calendar then why was it ok to use bombs, modern technology, and planes to attack us? huh? That argument insisting that the it is ok for the Extremists to be backwards because their calendar is, is ridiculous.

Education is the answer!:

Many of the countries believe our type of education is American or European Propaganda and don't want it taught in their school systems. So, it's their own fault on that one too!

Ok if getting rid of them is not the answer what is? The left finds it difficult to reason with right wing religious Americans, how do you expect to talk to extreme Muslims who want to kill America and everything it stands for? You just cannot talk to these people. That's why we are hunting down all of AL-Qaeda's leaders with drones (which is more preferable than full out wars-- even with collateral damage).

Why shouldn't the US, go into those countries and try to "educate" them about democracy? As the left insists put it. After the wars, that's what we do eventually. Although recently thanks to the internet the people have discovered a whole different world out there and are converting to democracy on their own. (See: Egypt & Arab Spring) If we want them to grow up out of their extreme traditions, this has been pretty much the only way to do so. Force the lesser of two evils onto the people and see what happens. Of course it's not ideal, but if we were living in an ideal world, there would never be any fighting over religion. Hopefully with advances in social networking and the internet those people will begin to wake up and see the error of their ways.

It's the Dictators and Society's Fault:

The left say it's the dictators fault and then you say we shouldn't try to force them to change? Why not! Especially when their own traditions (when a majority justify suicide bombings) are harmful to themselves. You do realize how long its going to take the Middle East, which are run by terrorists and Extremists a very long time to escape from their holy war. The majority of Muslims in the west have but even then there are still those who secretly support it or can finance it thanks to American money. You do realize what hate filled propaganda is being taught in schools like Saudi Arabia and in those countries before the wars right? You are very lucky to have grown up in Europe or USA. You can't go around blaming everyone else for the extremists actions. They do what they do and there is very little you can do to change that. US tried with aggressive foreign policy and of course it doesn't work as nicely as our leaders would have us believe. If a war doesn't work what will? Surely not education lolz. But I think Iraq was the last "pointless war" as Ron Paul says. We'll see more little wars with Drones and such when we want to target a group of terrorists that want to kill us half way around the world.

I find it laughable that some people would defend the "poor terrorists" and then attack me or other right wing conservative people with past examples of ignorance and supposed propaganda based education. I guess the point I am trying to make is if you hate the way the right views Muslims and terrorists in General, why do you continue to find any excuse to justify terrorists actions?

*Again, this post is only directed towards the certain views about the Muslims Extremists--Not Muslims in general!!!

edit on 22-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
seems to me that 99.9% of all those screaming to "bomb Iran" are Christians....
with their claims of "we have to defend OUR holy land, Israel from the evil Muslims."

silly post because most of the rhetoric coming out of Washington, that is hardcore hawkish behavior is coming from the RIGHT. have you watched any of the republican debates? all of em claim to be Christians, however only one is not a war hawk.

Jihad = 12th century war making
America has raised it to an art form, notably we call it "preemptive strikes."
edit on 22-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They do?

I thought both sides were pro-war. The Left disguises it a little better by acting like they dont want to generalize.

Just look at the propaganda on Iran. Goto Fox news, they attack Ron Paul, goto the NY Times, they attack Ron Paul.

Where do you turn if you want a true non-interventionist candidate?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Why Does the Left Try so hard to Justify Terrorists in the Middle East?

Because they don't like to see their Jewish friends brought to account for their terrorist ways.

edit on 22/12/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Mind altering BS has fried their brains.
This is your brain, this is your brain on radical islam.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
it's not about left or right, it is about using a boogieman to scare people into giving up their freedoms. After they take enough freedoms and blur the line so that people get paranoid and the "see something say something" campaign pushed by homeland security takes off. People start ratting out everyone for every little thing(like your neighbor has some fertilizer for his yard/garden so he must be making bombs.) Then all of a sudden we are all in these internment camps we hear so much about......These things may not happen, but if we don't come together and address the true problems at hand instead of the same old left/right bickering amongst ourselves then this very well could happen.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If I were to look objectively at the Middle East scenario and compare the violent acts against one another, I'd say the most destructive terrorists in the Middle East are the ones with drones and an actual military.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm not saying the US is completely exempt from her actions, or that the majority of the right isn't pro-war.

What I am saying is that why does the left find any excuse to stand up for the "poor Terrorists" and then, go on to attack the extreme right wingers. It doesn't make sense to me, because the radical Muslims want to kill all of us lolz!!! And yea sure I'll also agree that we have had a hand in their anger but I think the majority of it is based off their extreme religious views, which the left continue to attack Christians for having. Honestly makes no sense to me.
edit on 22-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

While I don't condone terrorism, I don't think any of us do..

Have you ever considered that we became a target, because we made ourselves ones? I know, the right wingers here will say "Oh just another liberal blaming America."

And it's not that I'm blaming America. To some degree I am, but I have a hard time finding any other logical reason for us to become a target, other than that we have consistently for the past fifty or more years involved ourselves in their affairs for nothing other than our own profit. The foundation of right wingers saying, "It's cuz we're free!" is simply insane. It's a poor rationalization offered to us by politicians who want to make us feel good while inspiring us to support their holy war.

This war between our cultures will never end until was recognize our part in it, and stop playing victims of tyrants.

So OP, I ask you. Why does the right refuse to see that we have provoked this war to our shores?

Sure, we'll never make peace with an organization such as Al Qaeda, but we can make peace with the rest of them. Perhaps if we truly made ourselves friends to the muslim world, they wouldn't be so intent on turning a blind eye to people that would do us harm, or going so far as to aid them.

In addition, look what this war has cost us. Money, rights, lives. All things we know are important, but we have thrown all of these things into a war that can never be won.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Another day, another thread that proves so many people dont get it.

Right? Left? Different sides of the same coin, yet theyve still got a bunch of you arguing about which is better, heads or tails.

< sigh >

and people think things are going to change for the better....

edit on 22-12-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I agree that America has had a turn in helping spread the lies and the extremes but it's their own fault too. And all the excuses that i listed does not justify terrorist activities! The left needs to realize this, and I think many on the right know this because they love wars anyway. A lot of right wing Americans, study up on certain eras of American War history and realize that the Good we do usually outweighs the bad things in foreign affairs. Now, it might be coming back to bite us in the rears!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
And another post to ask, who exactly are the "terrorists"?

I hear a LOT of people justifying the actions of terror perpetrated by the invading militaries in the middle east...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Sigh, I personally don't like titles either but everyone generalizes. I'm sorry I just think that the excuses that "peace-loving" "anti-War" people give are ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I hear a LOT of people justifying the actions of terror perpetrated by the invading militaries in the middle east...

In this case read the post. The terrorists are the 9/11 jihad extremists who attacked the world trade center in the name of their God Allah. I hope that's clear enough for you to understand.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

In this case read the post. The terrorists are the 9/11 jihad extremists who attacked the world trade center in the name of their God Allah. I hope that's clear enough for you to understand.

And why are they the only terrorists? Why do you not consider outside armies INVADING countries and forcing capitalist ideals on those people to be terrorism?

When placing labels such as 'terrorist' on people, it seems one shouldnt be discriminating. That they worship a different god has nothing to do with it. If they are terrorists for committing bombings on another land in the name of a different ideal, how can you not apply that label to all who fit that description?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Would you please stop writing "lolz"? It just makes your arguments look more ridicilious than they already are.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

We don't look to justify. There's no justification for murder, save for self defense. We only look to explain, and to see what we can change.

The right by definition has no wish to change, they simply want to kill all the muslims and say they won. Why wish for a victory in a war that cannot be won?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Seems to me the one who dropped 2 nuclear bombs was the Democrats
Seems to me the one who started Vietnam was the Democrats
Seems to me the one who bombs Bosnia were the Democrats
Seems to me the one who bombed Pakistan were the Democrats
Seems to me the one who bombed Yemen were the Democrats
Seems to me the one who bombed Libya were the Democrats
Seems to me the one who are going around to Foreign countries at the moment and killing any Brown person are the Democrats even if they are American citizens.

And abortion that has killed over 50 million children supported by the Democrats and the only ones what are going around defending Islam and condeming Jewish and Christians.

And the Democrats heros are Chez,Chavez.Mao and other homicidal maniacs and the left vilifies the right when they do and continue to do worse than the right ever has.

Forgot to add their terrorist gun running operation in Mexico that has killed thousands.
edit on 22-12-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i agree with everything you stated...even though you are a partisan shill

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Muslim problem???

Alright, there are terrorist out there not all of them Muslim but they are the hot topic of our time. Anyways, theres no reason for the war in the middle east anymore, because that place is messed up. There isn't anything anyone can do to change that place for the better, and by occupying their "nations" and imposing our beliefs not only sinks us down to their level it also just fuels the fire.

National defense isn't something the left wants to get rid off, but would rather be defensive about the terrorist problem rather than offensive. Well at least thats what I want, I'm not really part of the left and can't speak for them. So my point being is we should end the wars, remain on the defensive well opening a dialogue and trade in the middle east.

Because mutual profit, makes mutual friends. Being dependent on each other for the betterment of both parties, through the exchange of culture, goods, and ideas is the foundation of global friendship. In my humble opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join