It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF Ron Paul wins primaries, then what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination due to grass roots efforts, and the fact that Cain, Romney, Bachmann, Gengrich, Perry, etc. are complete buffoons. Let's fast forward to April or May 2012. What's going to happen?

I ask this, because I have a VERY strong feeling that IF Ron Paul wins, he will never get the funding that any of the other candidates would have gotten. The GOP coffers will dry up, and Ron Paul will be left, once again, resorting to money bombs, raising a million here, and a million there. Meanwhile, Obama will have his billion dollar campaign fund ##SNIP##.

It's a concern of mine. I don't see any way that "we the people" will be able to put pressure on the GOP leadership to fund Ron Paul's campaign, if he wins.
edit on Wed Dec 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ##Members Please Read##: Ending the Political Trolling

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
With all the character attacks of all the GOP candidates by the MSM, I honestly believe that whoever gets the GOP ticket will not be able to unseat the bum in the WH at present

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If I may quote an often used saying:

"Let's cross that bridge if and when we get there."

Because realistically, as good as RP is doing, there is still the corrupt GOP heads and corrupt election system and voting machines to contend with. I don't know that anyone can overcome those. THAT will require a second American revolution, obviously, because nothing else is working to fix it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ron Paul hasn't gotten the most donations or media coverage, but that hasn't stopped his surge.

If he wins the primary, then at least the establishment can't blame him for dividing the vote.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Ron Paul hasn't gotten the most donations or media coverage, but that hasn't stopped his surge.

If he wins the primary, then at least the establishment can't blame him for dividing the vote.

The attacks havent started on him because the media or left doesnt consider him a threat. If he does win the primary, the MSM will destroy him. If he doesnt win (more likely) he will will split the vote running on a third party ticket. He will either be blamed or thanked for 4 more years of the current, depending on which side you are on.

If he does run as an independent (knowing full well, he cant win) you will know who's side he is on.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I honestly think that if he gets the nod, the corrupt politicians will abandon him, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the GOP put money behind Obama, just to keep Ron Paul out. They wouldn't openly do it, but I bet there would be some back door dealings.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
We get to watch a lot of reporters on FOX eat their words.

They will of course start saying about how weak this country will be and now we will have four more years of Obama.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Henley

shouldnt it be obvious by now that it doesn't matter who wins? the president is a puppet. I have a lot of respect for Paul but he can't transform this country on his own. These tyrannical corporations and banks will run everything as long as we give them the power to have control. Changing a political figure head won't fix this.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The question is: Will they let RP be the winner even if he wins? Thank god I'm still voting with a pen... I bet you they can easily manipulate the vote electronically. Diebold & Populex have some really sketchy people on their board of directors.

I'll quote some articles

link

In Illinois, Populex is the company that is creating the electronic voting system for the state. It was recently revealed that Ronald Reagan’s former Defense Secretary Frank Carlucci now serves on the company’s five-member Advisory Board. Carlucci is also the chairman emeritus of The Carlyle Group, the defense contractor often called the "Ex-President’s Club" because of the high profile partners and advisors on its payroll. These include key players from George W Bush’s inner circle, such as former President Bush and former Secretary of State James Baker III.

Meanwhile in Ohio, Diebold Inc. is one of the companies vying to sell electronic voting machines in that state. Diebold and its CEO have strong Republican ties, specifically to the Bush administration.

A recent article by Julie Carr Smyth in The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that the head of Diebold is also a top fundraiser for President Bush’s re-election. In a recent fund-raising letter Diebold’s chief executive Walden O’Dell said he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

Makes you wonder...

You can have your own opinion, but when they started converting to e-voting machines, I got suspicious, then the ties where revealed and it became clear to me: the system is rigged from deep under.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

I know what you mean. I guess we can just hope the lessor of the two evils wins.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
We get to watch a lot of reporters on FOX eat their words.

If all you're after is watching people on Fox eat their words, then this country is friggin' doomed.

new topics

top topics

join