It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keystone pipeline Why are we building a pipeline for oil companies?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
ok so I found an article about the project it says its the permit that is getting approved. Amazing about all the hype and coverage on a pipeline. On a side note I would think that this is a state matter not federal. I would support this but that is without looking into the enviromental impact.
permit article

The oil issue in Michigan earlier this year did / didn't get this much attention ( Leak / spill ) or missed it altogether .

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

That is not entirely true.

The Canadian government has given TransCanada a very healthy grant for building the pipeline.

And for good reason, they will make it back within the first year of full operation in royalties alone. Add in the taxes and fees and it is very profitable for the government.

I do not know if the US government has added any funds.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

It was my understanding that the thread was stating that the US Government was paying for the pipeline.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If each state is going to bickering about their revenue from it going through their state for instance , then for every foot/mile of pipe be given a percentage of the length in their state and that state see to the responsibility of it's safety from crack pots .

When that state cannot supply the man power then out source to the next state down the line . If they wana cry about the size of their respective state versus the other . Then that is just well , I think you may get the idea . ( suck it up Princess )
edit on 21-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Ah my mistake

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

I don't see where a State should get anything for any part of the pipeline that passes through it. To me that is just extortion.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That what I was asking are "we" paying for it? Were can i find the actual bill language. You don't have to be rude like I was misleading people. Response like that make me wonder how d bag still have teeth

Threads like this make me wonder how schools justify their existence when they turn out gullible children.

You did not ask if we were paying, you assumed we were. Who's the real "d bag?" Face it.

You posted propaganda:

Why are goverment dollars being used to build a pipeline for oil companies.
So why do we have to foot the bill.
Also, why isn't this brought up by any of our officials or the news outlets.

Not a question mark anywhere in there.

jw

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

I don't see where a State should get anything for any part of the pipeline that passes through it. To me that is just extortion.

Not like it hasn't happened before right ? You scratch my back , I'll vote for your motion ?

From where a person sits here in Canada , some are still peed at transfer payments going to a lesser province with a higher population base . Some see that province as a welfare state .

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by peck420

It was my understanding that the thread was stating that the US Government was paying for the pipeline.

It was stating that rhetorically. It is another environmentalist lie.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Why should a state have to let this pipeline go through anyway? So it's ok for the oil companies to steal land from states?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

They pay taxes on land they buy and fees on land they cross.

They are already paying to use the land.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Why should a state have to let this pipeline go through anyway? So it's ok for the oil companies to steal land from states? Do you own the mineral rights when they drill for oil on your land ? All or some ?

What is the incentive for the pro side of the coin versus the con side ?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If you own the land , do you not also have some share in the mineral rights if they drill on your land ? When they put a cell tower on your land do they not pay you to have it there ? ( percentage )

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yes and Yes.

I have multiple properties with cell towers on them. It is very profitable.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Yes and Yes.

I have multiple properties with cell towers on them. It is very profitable.

Very sweet deal if you have the right place , people make good coin from so called dead wells too.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

That what I was asking are "we" paying for it? Were can i find the actual bill language. You don't have to be rude like I was misleading people. Response like that make me wonder how d bag still have teeth

Threads like this make me wonder how schools justify their existence when they turn out gullible children.

You did not ask if we were paying, you assumed we were. Who's the real "d bag?" Face it.

You posted propaganda:

Why are goverment dollars being used to build a pipeline for oil companies.
So why do we have to foot the bill.
Also, why isn't this brought up by any of our officials or the news outlets.

Not a question mark anywhere in there.

jw

Sorry I didn't know that we were not paying for it. I just assumed which was wrong of me. So if you want to correct me feel free but don't talk down to me to to boost your own ego. A simple answer or correction would have been civil just tired of attitudes like yours. You should run for congress

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Why should a state have to let this pipeline go through anyway? So it's ok for the oil companies to steal land from states?

If the oil companies PURCHASE or LEASE the land for the pipeline from the CITIZENS that own the land, they aren't STEALING it from the States. Why should the State get a cut of the value of the oil that passes through the pipeline?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I work in ft.Mcmurray ..alberta....oil sands....yes its a environmental cess-pool... minimum wage there is 20 bucks an hour......Canada is trying to share a little of the wealth...better than dodging IED's in Iraq

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

If the oil companies PURCHASE or LEASE the land for the pipeline from the CITIZENS that own the land, they aren't STEALING it from the States. Why should the State get a cut of the value of the oil that passes through the pipeline?

Nebraska has stated they don't want this pipeline coming through their state. XL Pipeline: Governor opposes route. Because they want to put the pipeline through the Ogallala Aquifer which supplies water to the farms and their cities. I would imagine the Ogallala Aquifer is state owned so they can't buy or lease it.
edit on 22-12-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
I work in ft.Mcmurray ..alberta....oil sands....yes its a environmental cess-pool... minimum wage there is 20 bucks an hour......Canada is trying to share a little of the wealth...better than dodging IED's in Iraq

The cost of living in Ft Mc is way out of range , homes , rentals , food , unless you live in camp . Some Atco trailer with barely enough room to wipe your nose . Don't drink the water , it was as yellow as the pee you deposited in the toilet even after flushing . The wild life is great , you meet the nicest Grizzlies walking through town .
edit on 22-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join