It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super smart mice created by scientists...Oh no....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

limitless

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Nice find here Liquid, S+F

Originally posted by Jechu

We will get super smart?
I don't get what the problem is.

Eh.. What have humans done with every single technology/power which puts them in a dominant position?

MISUSE.

(The history books are littered with misuse of power)

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by buddha

Um! I would pay good money for some thing that gave me a super memory.

exactly why you'll never get it......

We would need major peace talks and unity before I'd ever want something like that to hit the market. It would require a (benevolent) one world gov't which we don't have...
edit on 22-12-2011 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
We would need major peace talks and unity before I'd ever want something like that to hit the market. It would require a (benevolent) one world gov't which we don't have...
Here here.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Will Rodman: Caesar, I'm sorry. This is my fault. This has to stop. This isn't the way. You know what they're capable of. Please, come home. If you come home, I'll protect you. [Caesar looks at him sadly and pulls him into a hug, speaking into Will's ear]

Caesar: Caesar is home. [Will shocked at Caesar speaking nods his head understanding]

Will Rodman: Okay. Caesar is home. Go.

George Taylor: Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. [screaming]

George Taylor: You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

edit on 12/23/2011 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

uuuuuuuuummmmm....did I miss something here?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Lmao, yeah sorry, was kind of just thinking # up in my head without much explanation.

Yeah your OP reminded me of the movie "Rise of the Planet of the Apes".

Where the movie plot is about a doctor who discovers the cure to Alzheimer disease but in turn actually created an incurable virus that took out the entire human population.

Where as the George Taylor famous scene where he finds the statue of Liberty laying broken on the beach...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Maybe someone could answer a question on this... I understand that memory and intelligence are completely separate, but in defining the exact nature of the line between them--

Say one of these supermemory mice goes to eat a piece of cheese, takes a bite and finds that it's flavored overwhelmingly with pepper to the point of being repulsive to the mouse in flavor. (Yeah, weird hypothetical, but you get the idea.)

Three days later this mouse is offered another piece of cheese, this time flavored overwhelmingly with salt (or some other seasoning or spice.)

Does the memory of the prior pepper event spark something in this mouse's mind to say "I should smell this cheese, I should be weary when I taste this cheese" etc? Or would that require a boost of intelligence?

Similarly, if a familiar person causes pain an otherwise human-friendly mouse (whether or not this is plausable is beside the point), will this mouse continue to draw away from human contact due to the bitter memory of a betrayal of trust with his person-friend, or will this mouse hold the memory but not be able to translate that memory into using disgression with the two-legged company he or she chooses to keep?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Am I the only one who sees this as a very dangerous thing?

I don't.

Super smart mice can't possible be a good thing. And that's only the tip of the iceberg, what happens when humans start taking it?

And the part I highlighted is exactly why! Imagine a world filled with intelligent people. Does that world really sound so bad?

Well its just improved memory, which if humans start taking and photographic memory becomes the norm, then teaching will be a snap. All you would need is one lesson, so its not really super smart I suppose but leading the way.

As for the mice? Well its not like were going to start manufacturing the little buggers. All it did was improve their memory, I doubt their going to start breaking out and planning world domination. And its a drug not gene multiplication so they couldn't pass it on.
edit on 1/5/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

I understand that memory and intelligence are completely separate

um...you're just wrong. memory is everything. why is this hard to understand?

you can't use intelligence without a reference.

Does the memory of the prior pepper event spark something in this mouse's mind to say "I should smell this cheese, I should be weary when I taste this cheese" etc? Or would that require a boost of intelligence?

This is called conditioning and it relies entirely on memory. It doesn't matter if it's flavored with salt, or pepper or dr. pepper, the mouse that has the clutch memory will be weary of any cheese and when he doesn't get burned the second time will appear more intelligent to other mice.

This really isn't hard to understand and if it is, then maybe I'm just WAY more intelligent than some(all?) of the other people in this thread. Hate to stroke my own ego, but you guys are making it real easy.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

And the part I highlighted is exactly why! Imagine a world filled with intelligent people. Does that world really sound so bad?

No, it doesn't....do I think you're missing a few details...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emphasis on the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the mice? Well its not like were going to start manufacturing the little buggers. All it did was improve their memory, I doubt their going to start breaking out and planning world domination. And its a drug not gene multiplication so they couldn't pass it on.

well that's probably true, but as some have pointed out, this sounds EXACTLY like the latest planet of the apes movie so far, so who knows. The point I'm making with this thread is that this is a slippery slope. I don't like the idea of super smart anything, but me. Which is likely the mind frame of the people working on this stuff, which is exactly why it's bad bad bad news.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE MICES

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You're post is about as pointless as you think it is funny. You're about 15..maybe 17/18 max...right?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
PKR (Protein Kinase R) protects against viral infections.
Deficient in that may make you remember things, but is it wisdom to always do things like you once have conditioned to? I think it's the opposite... Pavlov would glee and disagree...
edit on 5-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

You're post is about as pointless as you think it is funny. You're about 15..maybe 17/18 max...right?

Ok you need to relax...
My age is in my nick .. what about your age ??

my comment was a joke .. nothing negatif to you or your thread
i wrote the jk because of the "oh no" in the title

super smart mice .. come on.. their tiny brain
it was my way of telling you that i dont agree with the OP

at least i dont show off myself with a gun in my avatar
im surprise that it is not against the rules on ATS ..

NOT very intelligent to show that you have a gun to everyone .. even if you have a permit
maybe if you were a marine with the uniform .. it would make sense
not the case here

i remember a few psycopaths in the news taking themself in picture for facebook
like they need to proove something to someone .. thinking they are cool
before hurting someone at their school because they cant accept a jk
should i call the cops/FBI/CIA on you ? it might save lives
the autorities want the public to denounce people just like you
showing your gun so proudly and being so aggresive for nothing
hiding with the hood on your head .. + gun ..
my brother is a cop .. he will certainly agree with me that you match a futur criminal profile
hope you are not

you look young to have a gun .. way to young
give it back to your parent
edit on 1/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ok you need to relax...
My age is in my nick .. what about your age ??

Who says I'm not relaxed? You're starting to assume things...this is not going to end well buddy....
I'm 33 not that it makes any difference at all.

my comment was a joke .. nothing negatif to you or your thread
i wrote the jk because of the "oh no" in the title

Stick to your day job, no one could possibly find your comment funny. Everyone on the internet thinks they have wit...let me assure that you do not. You're as bad as the guy who shows up in every UFO thread and says..."probably just swamp gas...LOL" Gets old. Here, I wrote a whole thread about how annoying you are, read it, maybe you'll learn something. Swamp Gas Thread.

super smart mice .. come on.. their tiny brain
it was my way of telling you that i dont agree with the OP

A better way to do this would be to say "super smart mice .. come on.. their tiny brain." Although not much better. Why not try to explain yourself a bit, and you know, add something to the thread. Getting my point yet?

at least i dont show off myself with a gun in my avatar
im surprise that it is not against the rules on ATS ..
NOT very intelligent to show that you have a gun to everyone .. even if you have a permit
maybe if you were a marine with the uniform .. it would make sense
not the case here

Again your limit mind assumes the most obvious explanation here, you'd really benefit from the drug these mice have been taking.... My avatar is from a short film I was in, you can watch it....here. I don't own a gun, and I don't need to be a marine to do so. The gun was an empty pellet gun, basically a prop. And it doesn't violate ATS rules because I'm not pointing it at you, yes I've read the rules, have you? If you had you'd know that dragging a thread off topic is a violation.

i remember a few psycopaths in the news taking themself in picture for facebook
like they need to proove something to someone .. thinking they are cool
before hurting someone at their school because they cant accept a jk
should i call the cops/FBI/CIA on you ? it might save lives
the autorities want the public to denounce people just like you
showing your gun so proudly and being so aggresive for nothing
hiding with the hood on your head .. + gun ..
my brother is a cop .. he will certainly agree with me that you match a futur criminal profile
hope you are not

so...who needs to relax again? Settle down old man. Given what I just posted regarding my avatar, you must feel pretty dumb for writing all this mumbo jumbo.

you look young to have a gun .. way to young
give it back to your parent

Again, I'm a 33 YO grown man(though I was probably 25/26 in the pic), old enough to do whatever I want. You assume way to much, and let your emotions get the better of you. I deserve an apology and if you're a real man with even a drop of integrity and not a 15 YO kid I would get it, but I don't expect to.

All I was saying is don't litter my thread with lame one liners(also a violation of ATS rules). Get it?

Congratulations you're the latest user on a long list to get completely pwned by LS206.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you have never dealt with anyone with a mental handicap, who is below standards, or even stricken with a life altering condition, then go and spend time at any number of nursing facilities and see what the patients are like. It is horrible, watching a person mentally deteriorate and spiral downward.

If this kind of testing will lead to a break through cure for such diseases such as Alzheimer’s, or even give someone with autism or downs syndrome a chance for a normal life, we should be all for it, if not behind it. However, be very careful with wanting a better memory, as that can be a trap unto itself.

For those who have never had to deal with a relative with Alzheimer’s, just a few facts:

It has grown in such a short time to be number 6 on the leading causes of death in the world, expected to surpass many other conditions. Of all of the diseases out there that can affect a person and their families, this is one of the hardest, as the family watches their loved one’s memory leave them, and they spiral downward to a point where the person with the disease will look at their loved one and not know the person. People who care for those with Alzheimer’s spend more time and money trying to care for a loved one, that they have shortened lives from just the care along. A person with Alzheimer’s requires a good 8 professionals just to be cared for, and many times there is not enough hours in the day to do the job properly. And caregivers spend billions of their own money, with no repayment, no help, no back up support just to care for one person.

If this will lead for a cure for Alzheimer's then lets hope it is soon, as it is estimated that the number of us who will develope this is estimated to double in the next 10 years, a silver tsunami is about to hit hard around the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

as far as memory being a trap unto itself....it reminds me of something I learned about in class years ago. There was at least one case of an individual who remembered...EVERYTHING! Could literally read a novel once and recite it. If I remember correctly it ended up being a massive burden, forgetting some things is probably a blessing.

I agree with needing a cure, and I hope it all works out, but this being a conspiracy website I'm looking at the diabolical misuse of a drug like this whether by humans or mice or chimps or whatever the case may be.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Your reply was not the best either in the first place
but i apologize if i have offended you

you are older then me by 3 but not important
had a big day at the job
i guess your level of patience is the same has mine today

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You can be SURE that IF that pill works on humans, we'll never get it because the folks will have the scales fall from their eyes! They'll see how they bought the Grand Illusion, how they were controlled their entire lives, and how they were RAPED by Corporations bent on exploiting them and the environment w/o regard.

If it is given to higher animals, great apes, apex predators and such... Remember what Riddick said...

It's all circling the drain!

Derek

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

As some have stated, having an increased memory is a trap unto itself. Consider this, if one can remember everything, then they would be forced to relive traumatic experiences over and over. It can be both a blessing and a curse at the same time.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join