It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta : Iran could get nuclear bomb within a year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Let the propaganda kick it up another notch...

U.S. Defense Secretary: Iran could get nuclear bomb within a year

Speaking in an interview with CBS Evening News, Leon Panetta says Israel's concern for a nuclear Iran is a 'common concern' of the U.S., who does not rule out a military strike.

U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said Monday that Iran will have a nuclear weapon within one year, if not less.

Speaking in an interview with CBS Evening News, Leon Panetta said that it would probably take a year for Tehran to assemble a nuclear bomb, but said that one provision is if the Iranians have a hidden facility that "may be enriching fuel."

Keywords : probably take a year... may be enriching fuel... that's a lot of conditional for someone who's warmongering...

And let me laugh about ``we will take military action``... military action has been going on for 4 years now against Iran.

2007 : Bush Authorizes New Covert Action Against Iran

And just a few weeks ago from Panetta :
Panetta Says Drone Campaign Over Iran Will Continue

So please, the war with Iran has already started.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'd just like to know why the US can have all the nuclear weapons necessary to blow up the planet two hundred times over, but Iran can't have any...

Oh yeah, the US is run by good people.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Why are you giving these fictitious stories life?

If we don't hear about this nonsense, then it doesn't really exist to us, does it? It doesn't exist at all, so why help make it exist to those with no discernment?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Iran could get nuclear bomb within a year,

This exact line has been used since 2002. It started with Israel making the claim. In 6 months it will be repeated again.

Its always within a year with these people, how pathetic and un-useful intelligence we have to rely on.

If what our intelligence services said 10 years ago is correct, Iran should already have a stockpile of nuclear weapons at their disposal.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If Iran want to make nuclear weapons at all it's a good possibility that they want to do so because they don't like the current state of play with rogue states invading the middle east every which way.

It works as a pretty good deterrent for the nations that already have them and *that* is the primary reason that Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons - they will be far more resistant to hostile takeover.

No we don't need more nuclear nations, but without a severe disincentive, Iran's treasures and resources will be "invaded" and "occupied".

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
BORING

how many time they release that sort of article

PURE PROPAGANDA

these articles are becoming EXTREMELLY ANNOYING HAS HELL

edit on 12/20/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Who cares if Iran gets the bomb?

I can make a nuclear device in a garage.

So can anyone who has a little tech savy, access to the internet, and nuclear materials (found in smoke detectors and other house hold devices).

At one time, the trebuche was technology that was hoarded. It too became obsolete.

We live in a world where our children are killing each other with fire arms in their schools and neighborhoods.

These same children will be able to manufacture extremely deadly weapons and deploy them in the very near future. Pipe bombs today, unstable reactor cores tomorrow.

So we either figure out how to get along, or we submit to the greatest loss of freedom ever seen for our own protection.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 20-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Seriously..

I think I've heard this "news" story 10 times a year for the past 4 years.

Peace is the only option. Let's take the American Fascists out of power. Ron Paul, anyone?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Funny thing is, Iran has signed the non-proliferation treaty and doesnt even want a bomb...

As more people grow weary of the endless war doctrine, I fear that there will be a staged attack.

This really is our last chance.

edit on 20-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If I was Iran..I would want Nukes too.

The thing that makes me laugh the most is that America and Britain had no problems with Iran having nuclear power plant in fact they even financed half of the project when the Shah was in power. . Now both parties are using propaganda to invade the same country the helped.

ha.ha.

what a paradox world we live in. why would one accept such a world

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah, just like Afghanistan had Weapons of MASS Destruction...not to mention weapons of mass nonexistence!

The sad thing is, most people that hear about this on the news will believe it and support yet another war.

1 question should be asked before war; is this necessary for the safety of our people?

Ask that question for every war fought since 1970 and you'll get a resounding "NO"

One more thing, yes i agree this whole Nuclear Iran crap is BS. But to say it doesnt matter if Iran has Nukes isn't the smartest thing to say.

BUT until they actually have them, or are close to it, we should stay away.

and believe me they are not close to having nukes..this is all warmongering propaganda. 9/11 gave Bush a reason to go to war in Afghanistan, what will give Obama the chance to go to war in Iran?

False flag anyone?

I'm not blaming this all on the US gov and it's "leaders", but some group of people are pulling the strings. You'd be ignorant to not think so.
edit on 20-12-2011 by dannotz because: add

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Oh but of course!

Ever wonder where Ghadafi got those weapons to Kill his people? (if that's what really happened)

AMERICA.

Obama even tried selling him billions in weapons on 08 but he refused.

That's our thing, we fund both sides of wars. And then collect the checks for cleanup and god knows what else.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Iran doesn't need nukes, they have 2 super powers with them that have their back.

Unfortunately the only people who know this are many of the good people here on ATS, the rest are chugging beer and channel surfing looking for the next installment of relity TV

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

"Obama tried to sell him weapons in 08 but he refused"

Really? Are you playing a game of telephone with 10 people before you?

You may be a tad bit off.... or just plain trying to put an Anti American spin on it. (My visit here might be short lived.... I have never seen a more anti American web site in my entire life.)

The U.S. government approved $40billion in private arms sales to countries including Libya and Egypt in 2009 - before they both dissolved into unrest this year - the State Department reported.

From 2008 to 2009, the U.S. authorised an increase in sales of military shipments to the now-toppled Egyptian government of Hosni Mubarak and the embattled kingdom of Bahrain.

But they did reduce the sales approvals to Muammar Gaddafi's Libyan government to $15million that year from $46million in 2008.

Libya is now under a blanket weapons ban imposed last month by the Obama administration.

The $40billion overall figure during the first year of the Obama administration is an increase on total approved arms sales over the final year of the Bush administration in 2008, when the State Department licensed $34.2billion.

All sales to Libya were restricted to non-lethal equipment.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I hear these stories about missing nukes and the russian nuke "supermarket".....

What will keep Iran or any other nation from buying such a nuke from the blackmarket...? I mean...if you have the buying power of a nation and dying to have a nuke....?

What about Russia..? If it is true that Russia is helping Iran to build these plutonium collecting machines and maybe help them to build a nuke......why not just give it to them?

Anybody?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Nice find, I was about to start a thread on this but the search function worked for me today. You're OP was along the same lines I was thinking too. Propaganda to the extreme. They need to keep loading it on or we might think something's wrong

Only the fools buy any of this garbage they're throwing our way, it's frightening how many fools there actually is. I got into a convo with a colleague of mine and he was spewing the propaganda..."Iran has the bomb and Israel must protect itself!". The dude got so into it the veins in his forehead were bulging. It scares me to know there are so many people with this attitude. As long as these people are around to buy the BS, TPTB will keep dishing it out.

The believers of these lies get offended when you politely mention reasons they should at least question this news, but they're not hearing it.

It looks like an Iran strike before Christmas is off the table for now, I'm very happy about this.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Now where i have heard this one before? ah yes the iraq war

(Iraq is one year away from getting a nuclear bomb)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Speaking in an interview with CBS Evening News, Leon Panetta said that it would probably take a year for DJIBOUTI to assemble a nuclear bomb, but said that one provision is if the DJIBOUTIANS have a hidden facility that "may be enriching fuel."

An equally true statement.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Weird didn't I hear the same rhetoric 4 yrs ago? Each and every year they are getting the bomb within a year, I guess they'll keep on spouting off the same thing for another 20yrs until they actually do have it then say "I told ya so"....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Irans technology and scientists must really suck to be so consistantly a year away from the bomb since goodness knows when.......Like they have entered a tiemwarp since 2002 and havent figured out how to get unlocked yet....
Eirie viruses and whatnot notwithstanding.....
It wouldnt surprise me in the least if they end up inventing some new way of configuring software so that they dont have to rely on Seimens (which by the way, says not much for the stuff Siemens peddled Iran...... )
And is way more efficient and naturally secure sonehow (like apple and PCs dont mix...ya know?)
These are some pretty well educated and origonal thinking people who are working tirelessly to improve their nations odds before the ball opens.........
Hardship makes systems stronger too as well as weakening.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join