It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's your candidate (match-o-matic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So it seems like the people over at ABC News have made it really easy for people to decide who they should vote for.

abcnews.go.com...

To no surprise, Obama was my number one match.

And now for a little surprise...Ron Paul was my number two.

Let's just have some fun with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It tells me my top choices are: Paul, then Gingrich, then Bachmann.

BUT, I didn't like the multiple choice at all. I was forced to pick positions that I didn't agree with and that didn't agree with any of the particular candidates. For instance Income Tax, there wasn't a choice for a Flat or Fair tax.

I didn't like the quiz, but at least it matched me with Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searchertook the test and dam if I didnt pick RP. Thought it was rigged not to let you choose him.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
1) Ron Paul » 2/3/4/5/6/9/10/11
2) Michele Bachmann » 1/7/8/11
3) Rick Perry » 7/11

Nothing new here. Ron Paul/Michele Bachmann would/WILL be my ideal ticket!!!
edit on 19-12-2011 by CerBeRus666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It picked RP for me too - but I wouldn't vote for him in a million yrs!, I think the questions on this poll are skewed to give this result.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Maybe you don't know enough about RP?

If you answered in the way that points to him as your candidate, then perhaps you have been led astray of what RP actually stands for? If you have any questions let me know. Far too many people believe the hype that RP is "extreme" or "crazy" when exactly the opposite is true. It is crazy and extreme to vote for any of the others who all openly admit to ignoring the constitution and our basic civic rights.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I got Jon Huntsman. I could live with that. He's qualified and could do the job.
Fun thread. Star and Flag!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

1 - Obama - 6 points
2 - Dr. Paul - 4 points
3 - Mitt Romney (what the hell?!) - 1 point

I would honestly switch number 2 and number 1 unless President Obama promises what Ron Paul does with foreign policy. That's the gateway into my voting pants.

Cool website, thanks for the link.
edit on 19-12-2011 by cuervo because: Added points

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Romney, Obama, and Paul...but as the score was 4/3/3, I'll take it as that there's not really a good candidate for me. Granted, there were about half the questions where I didn't agree with any of the stuff proposed.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
#1 Ron Paul, #2 Rick Perry and #3 Michelle Bachman. That was fun and interesting. I detest Rick Perry, but very satisfied with Ron Paul being #1

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
It picked RP for me too - but I wouldn't vote for him in a million yrs!, I think the questions on this poll are skewed to give this result.

Yeah... because we all know how much ABC loves Ron Paul. Just like all the other major news outlets, right? Wait, did I get that backwards? That's right, my mistake; they hate Ron Paul.

I guess that leaves only one other explanation: You agree with Ron Paul but don't really know it because you don't really know what he's about. Check the dude out, I'm sure you'll realize you've been getting lied to.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ron Paul for me, then Perry then Obama. Not American but a big Ron Paul fan, mostly because what happens in America tends to reverberate around the world. Ron has massive support worldwide because of this.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That was fun. I got Ron Paul as first (not surprising) Barrack Obama as second and Michelle Bachmann as third (which is pretty funny). Most of those questions I took a lesser evil approach. Definitely voting for Ron Paul and even though I don't agree with some of his stances, I think he brings valuable attention to certain subjects that are usually considered political suicide. The man has brass, feels strongly about his views, has been consistent and as far as I can tell is sincere.

RP 7/11 (not bad score)
Obama 3/11
MB 1/11
edit on 19-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That was fun indeed! Mitt Romney was my #1 choice. Not a huge surprise as he is my #2 option behind Ron Paul. But Ron never placed with me...uh oh! I've been a fan of Mitt for years and Ron came in and persuaded me. Ron is still #1 in my heart though

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Hey...at least your number three wasn't Bachman.

Yes...mine was...which is why I didn't put my number three in the OP

I think I got her based on my "abortion" answer (I'm pro-life).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's true that some of the questions didn't give me an exact option that I agree with, but I think each candidates views were represnted.

For the income tax example...Ron Paul's option is straight from his campaign website.

www.ronpaul.com...

Ron Paul supports the elimination of the income tax and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

I don't think there is anyone in the race right now who is for a flat tax...so this quiz forces you to pick as close of a match as you can find.

At first I thought the quiz was kind of silly...but I am actually liking it a lot now. I am also liking some of the answers here...people are getting different answers than they expected...but I really think all the answer options are straight from the candidates own stated positions.

Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
1). Romney
2). Paul
3). Huntsman

Although for some strange reason, when giving me my results Paul's cartoon graphic was used for both himself and Romney. I'll post a screen shot if needed.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
1). Romney
2). Paul
3). Huntsman

Although for some strange reason, when giving me my results Paul's cartoon graphic was used for both himself and Romney. I'll post a screen shot if needed.

Poor Romney...people are always replacing his picture for someone else.

Did you happen to catch this one from Fox News??? Romney looks a bit more tan than I remember him.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I didn't catch it on Fox (I never watch MSM lol) but I did see the image floating around ATS. Too funny!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
1. Ron Paul - 4/11
2. Mitt Romney - 3/11
3. Barack Obama - 3/11

Huh...

Good quiz Outkast, definitely makes one think...

edit on 12/19/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join