It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi can in Iraq say it has similarities to 9-11

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
another case of the sun revolving around america.

edit on 19-12-2011 by lacrimosa because: cant spell.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Seriously? People are getting upset at this?

Initiate FACEPALM

>M F W

How do some of you even function in real life when you're so EASILY offended?
You make me shake my head in disbelief.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Ashertron because: spelling

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
And another remark, cola soda is one the few American food symbols, it's very American. Coke and Pepsi are symbols of the American hegemonic culture. It's quite incoherent to drink Pepsi if you are a radical adversary to the point of being sympathetic to 9/11. There are cola sodas everywhere and their main advertising claim is that, to keep drinking cola sodas but locally manufactured ones and reject the commercial monopoly of the 2 big corps ( www.allvoices.com... )

While I don't think Pepsi was sending any subliminal messages, the explanation above doesn't really cut it. If the people of the ME hate the USA enough to feed good about being reminded of the day the USA got a bit of what they had been dishing out, a subliminal message carrying a picture on a Pepsi can reminding them of it, is exactly what Pepsi would use to counter the conscious reluctance to buy a product seen as overtly American.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Just another case of it being all about us. That is.. the U.S. - obviously anything happening anywhere in the world is directly related to the United States. Apparently no one can put buildings on cans any more, if it also has a plane.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It's like people are LOOKING for a reason to be offended.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm not offended by the thread in its self, just the way the forum functions IE having this turd of a story front page

Second line

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Oh yea typical arrogant Americans... yadda blah blah blah everything is always about us.

Blow up a few of our buildings and a bunch of our people and we just never shut up about it.

>Insert emotes here

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
seriously?

no.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I just don't see it?... That might be smoke coming from the building on the left, can't say for sure.

Maybe it's subconsciousnessly reminding the Iraqi people why the U.S is/was there?

The socalled smoke is nothing more than a reflection.. The picture on the can is a three tone image. A print in dot format. The smoke is multi toned and not part of the print. The socalled explosion is just a printed snoflake to accompany the bubbles..

It's just a normal city scape with a normal plane flying (well ovrhead)..

Really people, you need to get on with your lives and stop trying to make something out of nothing to keep the hate going.
edit on 12/20/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by punkymunk
Funny, I happen to have the exact same Pepsi can right next to me when I saw this thread. I've been living and working in the middle east for 10 years now and am an occasional Pepsi drinker. Never really took notice of the picture. On closer examination, it really looks like a generic skyline. There're even a couple of butterflies above the buildings. The arabic is a literal phonetic translation of 'Pepsi, Diet', with ingredients, health warning and recycling instructions printed on one side (all in arabic). If anyone's interested there's a website address on it, PepsiArabia.

Been a long time lurker and signed up only to clarify this point, because to be honest, the whole thread was starting to sound ridiculous.

I owe you an apology for the reply I made about your response. My response was based on emotion and not logic. You are new to ATS and you deserve the right to your opinion without being insulted. My conscience could not let this one pass. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I see the can, the picture and a bunch of idiots who always want to claim some company is causing harm with an innocent graphic just because those idiots ONLY THINK the graphic looks like something they don't want to see.

People Are Stupid.

There is no representation of 911 in that can and the company should not cave to pressure just because some idiots see's something that's not there. If i were Pepsi, I'd tell those folks to take a flying leap.

If there was a picture of the two towers there would it bother me? Hell No. Should it? Hell no. The tragedy happened 10 years ago. People should not forget, never forget but really should get over it by now.

Perhaps every Pepsi can should proudly display the two towers. Then we can pin point all the people who are bothered by it so they can get the mental health care they need. If they haven't adjusted by now, they clearly need professional help. It's for their own good.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This has to take the cake for the stupidest thread to ever appear on ATS. Of course, given some of the crap we have tolerated here over the years (yes, I am looking at all you "indigo children" out there, and your vampire/werewolf friends), that is really saying something.

Even worse, the fact that people are putting in the effort to spin a yarn for some philosophical and pseudo deep thoughts on the subject worries me. I never thought I would say this, but I would rather everyone just go back to talking about The Jersey Shore and Michael Jackson's funeral.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

"Stupidest" ???

Well there you go....

If I'm not mistaken the ATS video claims that this can is one of the 7 designed for Dubai's 40th anniversary as a member of the UAE.... However....

www.pepsidrc.com...

...I don't see it

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

yeah. "Stupidest".

To presume that the entire world should pay homage to our own national idiosyncrasies and hang ups is narcissistic and self important. Bad enough that this is the stereotype of an American. But do we have to live up to that stereotype?

I remember when we had Clinton on trial for diddling his secretary. Europe, collectively, shook their heads at us uptight Americans.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No presumption of anything here.... but I do think that Pepsi marketers are busy doing damage control and considering that this thread was featured in ATS' latest video only 1 day after it was posted smacks of corporate intervention and manipulation.

...wouldn't want to upset the corporate sponsers now would we?

ETA - From what I can gather... the can in question is not one of the 7 cans commemorating the 40th anniversary but the ATS video states that it is.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Still to come:

"Breaking news: Coca Cola can has striking similarities to Pepsi 9/11 can. Their shape is the same. Irate stupid Yanks demand Coca Cola remove can from shelves and invent a new shape so as not to offend the sensitivities of those who were so adversely affected by the Pepsi can that when they saw the same shape in another can they couldn't handle it any more and jumped off buildings."

Waiting for that issue to make the front page.

Geez, sometimes you folks over there crack me up.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reading all your thoughts about this cans design just makes me wonder.

I just remember cartoons featuring muhammed, and what it stirred up in the middle east.
Now if you guys act up on an image like this, what makes you different from them ?
Are you going to burn down some embassey's next ?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Could be a subtle allusion to 911.

What's that black squarish thing sticking out of the building left of center?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Kinda looks like Dubai or some other developed city over there..

BTW.... they have HEAVY air traffic in that part of the world.... Yeah, people are too sensitive.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Wow! Your freakin right! Jesus is lookin out the window of the 53rd floor of tower number one

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join