It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamers, Whos going to be playing SWTOR??(Star Wars: The Old Republic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I got into the beta over thxgiving, ugh waited 2 years on the beta test list for that.. but anyways had alot of fun and its pre-ordered... waiting on an email to get in...

So who else is gonna play? I think it would be fun to play on the same server etc as some ATS'ers... or maybe some people are already in game... lucky!!

Planning on going sith warrior class(dual sabers)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am going to be playing, and mastering, this game. All the fun of KOTOR, In an MMORPG,

I said it back when KOTOR first came out and i played it on xbox. I said "This would be epic if it were an MMO"

and here we are, so many years later. SWEET! FINALLY!

I will be playing this game on ultra settings on my PC in 1080p

edit on 13/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Did the beta too..

had a damn blast..

playing WOW now but my guild has a guild on one of the new servers..

dunno if i can afford both though..

Jedi Covenant is the server we are on...

work slowed down because of winter...

never know tho..
'
might see me on there..

as always....Baddmove....Wink...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Same thing here, I loved kotor 1 and 2... only reason I had an xbox... My one friend also loved those games, and he hates MMORPG's, like WOW, Ultima Online, EQ etc... wont even give them a shot, but maybe he will turn around once he sees me playing this... cause it is exactly like the KOTOR games, just online...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I was already thinking of getting another pc just for gaming just so I could play bf3 with the bigger maps and beter graphics. Looks like I might have 2 reasons now... Any suggestions for a gaming pc? Ive heard of alienware being good but that was a couple years ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Same thing here, I loved kotor 1 and 2... only reason I had an xbox... My one friend also loved those games, and he hates MMORPG's, like WOW, Ultima Online, EQ etc... wont even give them a shot, but maybe he will turn around once he sees me playing this... cause it is exactly like the KOTOR games, just online...

With better graphics
And probably other tweaks as well

Im so psyched to play this game, people think skyrim is addicting? Give me a goddamn Star Wars MMO and i'll show you addicted

I always wanted to be a Jedi, and now i will harness a lifes worth of star wars fandom, to destroy my competitors in the battlefield..
With force choke
And lightning.
Then fly in and double sword swing, slicing you into pieces..

Ah good times.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ADMX101

And besides force unleashed 1 and 2, knights was the best star wars game on xbox.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ADMX101

I always build my own PC... this one is like 3 years old, but still plays MMO's great, just cant turn my graphics to 100% and have good FPS... o wells

- Baddmove - sell your wow account and get into SWTOR!! hehe, i sold my wow acct a few months into cata... had a decked out DK in wrath, 12k achievement points lol... had it all

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
you ppl do realize its a MMO released by EA... *points to most of EA's MMO games* i just hope it wnt be a disaster...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I never tried this game, I heard they ruined it when they let anyone and they're grandma's play jedi's, I hope its better now, would like to give it a shot, but as I type my heart is with World of Warcraft, gotta get deathwing!!!! :-).

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by ADMX101

I always build my own PC... this one is like 3 years old, but still plays MMO's great, just cant turn my graphics to 100% and have good FPS... o wells

- Baddmove - sell your wow account and get into SWTOR!! hehe, i sold my wow acct a few months into cata... had a decked out DK in wrath, 12k achievement points lol... had it all

Me too my friend
Building my own computer and having it perform top notch is so.. rewarding

My equipment is a few years old, still on the old intel socket 775 platform,
But i got a q9550 Overclocked to 3.6ghz

and an ATI Radeon 5870. Im due for an upgrade soon, im going all out on my next upgrade (when i got the money)

I play almost all games on max. Crysis? no prob, Crysis 2? Lawl. SC2? no contest. Skyrim? Looks bomb on 1080p. The only game i can't max right now that i have played is Battlefield 3. And i have it on high settings with a decent FPS. I can even record with fraps without too much of a performance loss..

Nothing will beat my new upgrade tho
, I'll be excited to put it together and hide my wires and make it look like a goddess.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan
you ppl do realize its a MMO released by EA... *points to most of EA's MMO games* i just hope it wnt be a disaster...

They have had some decent games, and they have hyped this one
And it is based off of the KOTOR games, and those ones were amazing,
So we'll see when the time comes. I suspect it will get a high rating.

Diablo 3 will be...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

The game is just being released... but yeah theres only 4 classes to choose from, so its atleast a 25% chance people will pick jedi lol... I know I am goin jedi for my first, but I plan on leveling every class...

Glad i gave up my wow addiction, but i guess im picking up a new one

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by hapablab

The game is just being released... but yeah theres only 4 classes to choose from, so its atleast a 25% chance people will pick jedi lol... I know I am goin jedi for my first, but I plan on leveling every class...

Glad i gave up my wow addiction, but i guess im picking up a new one

lol Jedi has to be the coolest one, like the rogues on WoW, but I myself am a mage, I played every class but you find what you're good at and stick to it, like my mage lol, but yeah you do know that you are never truly over WoW right? it just sits back in your subconcious until something triggers it lol

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

lol..been playing since vanilla..

love that game..

hard choice for me..

really...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
im not playing anything till arma3 comes out.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

Yeah,considering what happened to Dark Age of Camelot when they bought Mythic.. I agree.

I played the SWTOR beta a few weeks ago and I really wasn't all that impressed

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I might play it untill the SWGEmu is finished.
Nothing can compare to SWG pre NGE, well for me anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sorry guys anything star wars sucks..

really i gave it many tries , movies , games just can't get any like on too it .

secondly any game that makes you pay a monthly subscription is not a video game. Its an addiction :p

I wouldn't play this game if YOU PAID ME .

screw star wars and everything it stands for!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If you read into the comics after what happens in kotor 2, you find out what happens to Revan and Meestra Surik, who is the name to the "exile" in KOTOR 2 following the cannon storyline. Go to wookieepedia. It's interesting and different than I though it'd be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join