It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something wrong with the Sun or us planet Earths pos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It just goes to show how simple it is to use a pc,tablet or mobile etc to get on the net.
reply to post by wmd_2008

Are you suggesting it should be harder, so that those that are not as intelligent or knowledgable and well educated as you, can´t use the same space?

Besides that, I am not an idiot, I just made this extremely weird mistake about one very particular thing that was somehow planted in my mind, and almost can´t believe for myself that i got that wrong.

I´m not totally ignorant on how the universe works or on scientific principles in general, nor did I recieve a poor education.

Your statement was in general, but since my post triggered it, I feels like you are talking about me.

Ignorant mistakes apparently bring out a supereriority complex and scorn and loathing.in people that are so much more sophisticated.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by outerlimits
...I have always thought the sun rises in the East and sets in the West...

The answer to your OP is simple: The Sun does NOT always rise in the east and Set in the West.

On and around the date of the Winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, the Sun will rises near the SE and set more towards the SW. That's why the amount of daylight is shorter in the Winter.

On and around the date of the Summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, the Sun will rise near the NE and set more towards the NW. That's why the amount daylight hours is longer in the Summer.

During the rest of the year, the Sun will slow range between the two extremes. I think you are more likely to see the Sun rise closest to the east and set closest to the west around the dates of the equinoxes (March and September).

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

It just goes to show how simple it is to use a pc,tablet or mobile etc to get on the net.
reply to post by wmd_2008

Are you suggesting it should be harder, so that those that are not as intelligent or knowledgable and well educated as you, can´t use the same space?

Besides that, I am not an idiot, I just made this extremely weird mistake about one very particular thing that was somehow planted in my mind, and almost can´t believe for myself that i got that wrong.

I´m not totally ignorant on how the universe works or on scientific principles in general, nor did I recieve a poor education.

Your statement was in general, but since my post triggered it, I feels like you are talking about me.

Ignorant mistakes apparently bring out a supereriority complex and scorn and loathing.in people that are so much more sophisticated.

Correct it was general quote if it was aimed at you would have NO doubt about it!

People tend to ask the same questions on here but it would be just as easy to find out what you are asking about it before you jump to conclusions about what you think is happening.

It was made to point out what seems to be a general decline in the education system as a whole world wide it seems or we have a generation of people who rely on YouTube posters most of whom seem to be nutjobs

new topics

<< 1   >>

join