It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP Calls on UN to Intervene in US Elections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Haven't seen it posted but, this is preposterous. This is downright hypocrisy considering the last election tactics used to help determine the outcome of the elections, by fraud, including the prior administration as well. And now a submission to the United Nations to intervene and empower illegals by Law is illegal. Wow, if this happens then a deep transition might divide America. Let's just not hope that in certain areas, voting booths aren't guarded by U.N. peacekeepers, or Advisors, working through human right's organizations and NGO's.

There reporting that measures taken by certain States would limit people of color to participate in the elections, which in my opinion is ' fair ' if you are a U.S. citizen, the color is not the issue.They want you to believe it is a Black and White issue, but it's not.

This would be historical...besides the actual implementation and drafting location of the document, which brought the U.N. to life.

Source

The NAACP is calling on the United Nations to intervene as it claims state governments are colluding to “block the vote” for minority communities ahead of the 2012 election — a charge those governments vehemently deny.

The nation’s biggest civil rights organization this week released a report that claimed a raft of new voting laws at the state level would disenfranchise minority voters. The report said 14 states passed 25 measures “designed to restrict or limit the ballot access of voters of color.”

RonPaulForums.com
edit on 12-12-2011 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 12-12-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
2 fraudulent organizations getting together?

Nothing good can come from this.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

i ve got it! have the voters poll at fema camps run by un soldiers!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks the UN should have anything to do with a countries internal voting affairs is well.. INCREDIBLY CREEPY

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the correct solution, but the problem cited in that article DOES exist. Remember the scandal involving the voting machines and invalid votes in poor communities during the Bush election? I am sure this happened during the Obama election as well.

The UN is supposed to be a neutral party, but I am not sure if their intervention would be the correct thing to do, or even if they could ensure fairness.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I don't know if this is the correct solution, but the problem cited in that article DOES exist. Remember the scandal involving the voting machines and invalid votes in poor communities during the Bush election? I am sure this happened during the Obama election as well.

The UN is supposed to be a neutral party, but I am not sure if their intervention would be the correct thing to do, or even if they could ensure fairness.

Yes exactly...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Florida was one of the culprits of this, because we made new laws actually requiring people to be registered ahead of time and only giving them 2 weeks to make it to the polls.

The nerve!

In 2008, there was definitely voter fraud, there were busses picking people up and registering them and letting them vote the same day, never to be seen or heard from again! Homeless? How about a free meal and a ride and all you have to do is sign this card and check this box at the voter booth.

So, after that fiasco, the law was changed to require folks to update their voter registration at some decent interval ahead of the elections. Also, to reduce costs, the time available for early polling was reduced to 2 weeks.

So, if requiring people to register ahead of time, and arrange to make it to the polls within a 2 week period is more restrictive to minorities, then what does that say about minorities? If someone can't manage to register ahead of time, and plan to get to the polls in a 2 week time period, then they really don't need to be voting anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Eh.. I don't know. I kinda want a third party to make sure that there isn't vote fraud.
Maybe not the UN, but it couldn't hurt.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Good evening everyone.

I do have to say things are going down hill in a hurry. I honestly feel IMO that the crap is about to hit the fan, I am wondering couldn't this cause a massive domino effect? I haven't been able to keep up with what's happening at the polls due to my 1 yr old baby girl is in the hospital and sick so please no harsh answers. This website is a great way to know what's happening and keep my mind busy and I appreciate any info or feed back on my question. Well thanks everyone and have a great night.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Daedal

Florida was one of the culprits of this, because we made new laws actually requiring people to be registered ahead of time and only giving them 2 weeks to make it to the polls.

The nerve!

In 2008, there was definitely voter fraud, there were busses picking people up and registering them and letting them vote the same day, never to be seen or heard from again! Homeless? How about a free meal and a ride and all you have to do is sign this card and check this box at the voter booth.

So, after that fiasco, the law was changed to require folks to update their voter registration at some decent interval ahead of the elections. Also, to reduce costs, the time available for early polling was reduced to 2 weeks.

So, if requiring people to register ahead of time, and arrange to make it to the polls within a 2 week period is more restrictive to minorities, then what does that say about minorities? If someone can't manage to register ahead of time, and plan to get to the polls in a 2 week time period, then they really don't need to be voting anyway.

Every American citizen has the right to vote...regardless of some Law restricting access to polls by putting time and registration limits against it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Daedal

Eh.. I don't know. I kinda want a third party to make sure that there isn't vote fraud.
Maybe not the UN, but it couldn't hurt.

Just have a look at how the U.N. intervened in the M.E. and it's elections...It will ensure everyone get's to vote regardless of citizen status...If that is better for America then, I guess we'll see.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I guess that means no Black Panther thugs at certain precincts then....
right?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Every American has the "right" to vote, but should they be coerced, forced, and corralled into it?

Back when the country was GREAT, people would ride for a day or two just to get to a polling place to cast a vote, and then they might not get any results for weeks. Nowadays, you can vote in minutes, and the news reports results throughout the day, with extrapolations to give you proposed winners even before the majority of votes have been cast.

And, in this day of convenience, people still whine that it is too much effort to be registered a month in advance? And they whine that giving someone 2 weeks to make a 10 minute trip to the nearest polling place is too restrictive?

Please. A "right" to vote, also means there is some personal responsibility that should be exercised in order to act upon that right. It is NOT OK to have someone do all the leg work for you, and then you cast a vote on their behalf, because they told you who to vote for. Ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree..but most of the minorities are ill informed and poor, prolly without transportation. Yes some aspect of responsibilty must be held.

Wasn't this the rip-off that gave Bush the election, or played a role in it?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Partly that, and partly the old punchcard ballots and elderly people not fully punching them.

Florida is happy home of the Hanging Chad that changed the results of a Presidential Election!!

The MSM was also partly to blame, they called the election over, before the Conservative Western portion of the state was actually closed, and it infuriated voters that rushed out to the polls. I was actually a Bush supporter, and I lived in Florida, in the Central Time Zone, and once the MSM announced the election over and started giving results, there were literally cars starting all over the neighborhood just to go prove them wrong!

The only thing more hated than lying politicians is lying press.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You know I wonder if the NDAA and the timing of this proposed event will end up in mass arrests of people who oppose intervention of outside interference in U.S. elections?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The only place I see any reference to the NAACP 'asking the UN to intervene' is from the fox news article
. The actually NAACP article says:

Copies of the report will be sent to the federal and state agencies that monitor, administer and enforce voting rights, including the US Department of Justice, the Federal Elections Commission, and the Election Assistance Commission, as well as Secretaries of State and Attorneys General in all 50 states. In addition, the report will be delivered to the appropriate committees of jurisdiction in the House and Senate, and entities within the United Nations.

The UN monitors elections in all member countries so if someone can point out potential election/voter issues then the UN should know about it. And for the record.... no the US shouldn't be any different. After all, most of us here believe US elections have been tampered with for a long time now.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

The UN monitors elections in all member countries so if someone can point out potential election/voter issues then the UN should know about it. And for the record.... no the US shouldn't be any different. After all, most of us here believe US elections have been tampered with for a long time now.

Yes, the US should be different. We don't answer to the UN. No country should answer to the UN for that matter, but the US is big enough to do something about it.

If US elections are being tampered with, then each locality needs to take action and fix it. We don't need foreign involvement in our internal process.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The NAACP is performing an exercise in the retarded. Let me go into detail as to what they are claiming.

The nation’s biggest civil rights organization this week released a report that claimed a raft of new voting laws at the state level would disenfranchise minority voters. The report said 14 states passed 25 measures “designed to restrict or limit the ballot access of voters of color.”

On a base level, this sounds very problematic. Americans fought very hard for Civil Equality, and it should never be allowed to be taken away. However:

The new laws include requirements to present photo ID at the polls, voting restrictions on felons and limitations on registration and early voting periods.

Photo ID being required is all of a sudden a move to block people from voting? Wow. You need photo Id to drive a car, but I guess thats to limit people of color from driving, huh? Dont get me started on travel documentation!

Felons are restricted... This seems like a good idea to me. Remember, Felonies are usually the more serious crimes. Unless the NAACP themselves are being racist and assuming that "people of color" are more felonious, then I fail to see how this effects specifically African Americans.

In my honest opinion, the UN should not be involved with anything Inter-American. I think this person in the comments just may be on to something....

Oh I get it now. The NAACP screams voter suppression which causes Obama’s Injustice Dept to summarily declare the election results null & void, which causes blacka to come out of the woodwork and start rioting and burning down cities which, in turn, gives Obama a reason to declare martial law and suspend the constitution until law & order can be restored! Got it…

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I agree that every country should handle their own internal processes. While the concept and reality of the UN mandate is certainly up for debate, if every other UN member concedes to election monitoring then the US is subject to it as well.

I don't agree that the US is 'big enough' to solve it's own problems. Maybe, in fact, the US is too big to solve it's own problems. I need to believe that some sort of election tampering has happened in the past because the thought of a country actually electing someone like George Bush just boggles my mind!

Also...

We don't need foreign involvement in our internal process.

...sounds a wee bit hypocritical coming from an American... don't you think?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join