It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ex-FBI agent in hostage video: 'Help me'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Missing ex-FBI agent in hostage video: 'Help me'

ap.amarillonet.com

In the hostage video, which the family received in November 2010, Levinson pleaded with the U.S. government to meet the demands of the people holding him, whom he did not identify.

The 54-second hostage video showed Levinson looking haggard but unharmed, sitting in front of what appeared to be a concrete wall. He had lost considerable weight, particularly in his face, and his white shirt hung off him. There were no signs of recent mistreatment. But Levinson, who has a history of diabetes and high blood pressure, implored the U.S. to help him quickly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Previous ATS Thread

Another Great Thread on the Subject

edit on 9-12-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Investigators determined that the video was routed through an Internet address in Pakistan, suggesting that Levinson might be held there. Also, Pashtun wedding music played faintly in the background, officials said. The Pashtun people live primarily in Pakistan and Afghanistan, just over Iran's eastern border.

This is the thing that gets me. Are we going to find out that Pakistan is also holding this guy. We really need to evaluate our relationship with all these Countries. They are just playing us for "Rich Fools".

This is not the Hostage video. It is a recent report on FOX.

ap.amarillonet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-12-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
hes a little bit out of his juristiction is he not? I guess well see a rescue op shortly anyways.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here is a video in which his son makes an appeal to the kidnappers and the video of the hostage.
www.liveleak.com...
More fuel for the anger towards Iran.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't view FOX "News" as being a legitimate news agency.

The "facts" that are made known to us concerning this situation will only be the information they want their targetted demographic to know.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
First off, I wish to say that I am tired of Americans and our news source blaming the entire country for some people that reside there. If there is solid evidence that the country is behind it, then that is a different story. Honestly though, I feel that if every country did this, America would be considered to be behind any and all kidnappings of that countries ambassadors or spies, & Mexico would be fueling their recent drug wars. If a group of extremists in Pakistan took our agent, who was there to spy on them; does Pakistan have to be behind it? Especially considering that the US gave Pakistan all that money to train the ver same insurgents?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I saw this vieo on yahoo this am and it made me cry. I feel very sorry for this man who was NOT working for the FBI when he was kidnapped in 07.

I guess I will get strung up, tar and feathered for my views, but I once cleaned house for an Ex- he was one of the most genuine and sweet men I have ever met, wait I think he may have worked for another agency, anyway, it is sad when a retired family man, father is held captive and the gov knows full well where he is and how he could be released.

He obviously has and holds no secrets or they would have gotten him out.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
why was he ""There"" if he was retired anyway? why does the US feel necessary to have spies and agents in the Middle East, but would raise hell if they were discovered here,

and that Video was received in 2010, about a year a go, and now this is becoming a bigger story?

No, just more conditioning, and propaganda, notice the three countries they mentioned, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Typically, when a country says, for example, that "Pakistan" did something, they're not referring to all the people of the country, but the government, which is representative of the country.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

article states he became a private investigator after his 'retirement' from the agency and that he was on the trail of smuggled/counterfeit cigarettes. hmmm. seems a long way to go to bust a cigarette ring. it's more like imo he was still on the clock and the product wasn't for public consumption. another strange quirk is that the video was apparently released in november 2010 ish. hmmmm. fishy smell.
f

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by derst1988

Typically, when a country says, for example, that "Pakistan" did something, they're not referring to all the people of the country, but the government, which is representative of the country.

Exactly my point, thanks for agreeing with me. Is it not possible that the government of Pakistan is not behind this kidnapping? I know relations with Pakistan have been hampered, however we are the ones who funded all that training to the "insurgents". Is it not possible those insurgents are operating on their own, and not under Pakistan rule? Of course the opposite is possible too. Its just too weird of a coincidence that this video came out when we were still friendly with Pakistan, and now its the new talking point on yahoo.... a year later.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think we all know the real reason he was there.

Do you ever really retire from the FBI?

I could be wrong....Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Since when does the FBI have any agents that work outside the USA?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This is disheartening,I can only hope that regardless of what this man knows or does know,that he can be brought back home safe & sound.
Thank you op for bringing this to my attention s&f

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

probably a cia agent trying to skunk the fbi again.
al-cia-da and fbi are not on good terms.

oh and the video is fake. Guy is a agent making a propaganda piece for the gullible masses.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

If he worked for one alphabet agency.

I thought it was possible in his alleged retirement.

He might of made a career change.

I would like to know exactly what he did at the FBI.

However, I did not mean to imply the FBI would be working overseas.

The whole thing sounds fishy....Retire in Iran?

But I'm really just guessing.

top topics

join