It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Big Cylindrical Objects above Volcano Vesuvio in Naples, Italy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Again: Ufos and Volcanoes. After Katla in Iceland, Popocatepetl in Mexico, and many other (add your favourite
) an incredible image comes out from a webcam 24/24, night 15 october 2011 of the INAF www.na.astro.it...
In the image two Big Cylindrical objects are seen clearly that are flying around the Vesuvio volcano.
Webcam est vesuvio

Daylight pic

edit on 7-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I do not see the webcam footage anywhere that supports your post. The picture looks good though.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Really???

This is clearly planes or helicopters. The pictures are taken every few seconds, its not 30+ fps.
What you are seeing is the effect of a fast moving plane passing a webcam taking several pictures a minute.

The light is elongated because of the exposure time...which is fairly long on a webcam comparatively speaking

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Looks like airplanes with a long exposure time.

Is there any info about the webcam specs?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Could be aeroplanes taken over a few seconds exposure time causing them to appear as a 'streak'.

also one of them is above the city in front of the volcano not above it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Really???

This is clearly planes or helicopters. The pictures are taken every few seconds, its not 30+ fps.
What you are seeing is the effect of a fast moving plane passing a webcam taking several pictures a minute.

The light is elongated because of the exposure time...which is fairly long on a webcam comparatively speaking

if this is true why and how come it doesn't show up on other webcam footage? and there are millions of webcams now all over the globe..

week arguement without proof to back it up. show us 5 examples of this "fast moving plane" on other cams

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
any back story on this other than photos? are we sure that these aren't over exposed planes? any witness testimony to these? without some story or witness we don't have much to go by.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
an incredible image comes out from a webcam

a boring image comes out of a webcam.
Long exposure of passing aircraft.

UFOlogy isnt what it used to be.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kobewan69

Il provide one as i havent the time nor inclination to have to prove anything to you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: Look at the link in the thread....watch the cam for 10 mins...you will see black lines during the day time, they are much harder to see...but they are still planes

Watch any webcam at night which is under a flight path, and takes pictures every few seconds....they all end up with the elongated light.....

Do some research dude, and provide some evidence this is something other than what ive explained

edit on 7-12-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
They look like Xmas crackers to me

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69

Really???

if this is true why and how come it doesn't show up on other webcam footage? and there are millions of webcams now all over the globe..

week arguement without proof to back it up. show us 5 examples of this "fast moving plane" on other cams
More important, are there any sightings from the residences of the city that is shown in the night time photo?
Are there any ground based photos showing the alleged cylinders from a different perspective?
Are there any other images or reports of this cylinder(s) sighting at all?

My final thought/question: Why consider the responders statment an argument? Why demand 5 examples of "fast moving planes"?
This reponder's explaination sounds feasible and possibly based on a knowledge of webcam technology. I'll admit, when I initially viewed the night time webcam image I saw cylinders in the air just like the OP.
But, after reading the explaination from the responder and others, I went back and took another look.
Now the "cylinders" look like light streaks. If you look closely, as I did, you may notice that they look slightly different than each other and the "cylinder"/streak on the right has a slight bend to it .
To wrap my babble up....... I am of the opinion that this webcam has captured images of aircraft, not cylinders of a mysterious origin. The posters who have given earthly and simple explainations for this image are just trying to educate and enlighten.
Lastly please be be advised: I am not a "denier", "misinformation agent", troll, shill, or "sheeple". Just someone hoping to see a real photo image of a alien or extra demensional (not dementional :lol
craft and will keep hoping everytime I click on a posted image claiming such. (actually this post just claimed cylinders)
PLEASE keep those photos coming!! One day we will all see something wonderful.........I hope

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
is there even an airport there?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Only 5?
I'll give you a whole video full of them.
Count them - probably a few hundred...

Plenty more where that came from.

edit on 7-12-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Here you go.

Do some 'research' yourself on google, if you can spare thirty seconds of your day.

Arken, do you ever consider various possibilites and explanations before you create a thread about a supposed UFO? If so, why don't you explain why you've considered those possibilities, and why you've discarded them, in the OP?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Really???

Why don't you guys go and look on line at a short introduction to photography and video then you would keep shooting yourselves in the foot re images like this,

Slow shutter speed fast moving object equals BLUR !!!!

Here is a nice example slow shutter speed pic of a waterfall

Slow shutter speed fast moving water result is the water looks like a ghostly sheet.

It's so simple if you know a little about the subject!

Here is a ghost plane or thats what some people would claim on here

www.flickr.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

Here you go.

Do some 'research' yourself on google, if you can spare thirty seconds of your day.

Arken, do you ever consider various possibilites and explanations before you create a thread about a supposed UFO? If so, why don't you explain why you've considered those possibilities, and why you've discarded them, in the OP?

Well he doesn't so he cant thats why! thats what happens when you become obsessed with a subject also if you dont understand how photography or video works you dont see any other reason for what you see in an image.

All the ufo fans on here should look up and learn the basics of photography and video then the site will save most of its internet bandwidth

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I do not see the webcam footage anywhere that supports your post. The picture looks good though.

The webcam is on Capodimonte hill in Naples, at the Astronomical Observatory of Capodimonte. Nothing wrong with the linked picture.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This dash of light could be a shooting star even a normal star/planet. I've taken picture of Saturn through telescope, it appeared as necklace. Try also taking a picture of a lamp in the night, it may appear as a yellow lightning bolt, dashes do not me an cylinders

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I don't think it is an artifact due to long exposure. I've been watching the cam all evening last night and if it were planes I should have spotted one but I didn't. At some point you can see some lights in the sky, could be stars, could be planes.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
if you folow the angle of the lights should there not be a runway to the left of the photo? I googled for the local airport but couldnt find one there?

possibly helicoptors taking tourists for a birds eye view of Vesuvio caught on slow shutter speed? or there is an airport there and I fail.

<<   2 >>

join