It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan cutting off the supply route to Afghanistan is probably stopping an Iran war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just think about it...

No supply route = not enough fuel for NATO troops in Afghanistan.

Right now, due to Pakistan cutting the supply route to Afghanistan, NATO troops will barely have enough fuel and they will probably even have to cut back on routine operations.

If you didn't know, there's actually 3 supply routes to Afghanistan. Pakistan, cut off, Russia, through it's airspace and might be on the verge of closing it and the other route, going through Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.

Now imagine if a war against Iran would start tomorrow. Russia would cut off the Northern supply route. So there would be one route left.

If an Iran war starts, Iranian troops/special forces are sure to rush in Afghanistan to get some payback. And that is just if IRAN attacks... an attack on Iran will probably unleash other people... Pakistanis, Afghans and whoever is in to kill some ``evil westerner``. If NATO troops don't have enough fuel to fight, they will be screwed. No fuel, that means no tanks, no helicopters, no nothing. In war, fuel is the blood. No blood, you're dead.

So with Pakistan cutting the supply route, starting a war against Iran is even more dangerous... so I think for now we're safe...

Or maybe that's the plan. The NATO attack against Pakistan wasn't a mistake...

Let's say Israel start a war on Iran so NATO troops in Afghanistan get slaughtered to piss off people in the west so they can call a draft to invade Pakistan, Iran, Syria and whoever opposes NATO. That would work great.

/just thinking out loud... maybe I'm crazy.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Russian nuclear weapons are probably stopping an Iran war.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure about NATO or the U.S. using much in Afghanistan for the Iran push, but having those supply lines interrupted means we're diverting other things in the region to make up the shortfall or stand in reserve if the enemy decides to take advantage of it to pull the Afghan version of the Tet Offensive. So...in that way, I suppose it delays things a bit if we were looking at going sooner.

I think the troops in Afghan are generally outnumbered though, albeit with far superior firepower and support. If that were diverted away for fighting in Iran and THEN supply lines were cut...Well, history has recorded some earth shaking defeats of major world armies by moves which opportunity made possible. Our side knows that too though....so I'd look at the Persian Gulf states.

Perhaps look for what new activity may be happening in old bases people aren't paying attention to...or out the the Empty Quarter of Saudi Arabia, where only a satellite would see it and even there, most analysts would probably go blind on the endless sand dunes before spotting a little Forward support base, or chain of them. That would be my guess for where Iran is going to see it coming from.... Who knows tho... If it's all Missile war, none of this matters at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Totally wrong. Afghanistan logistics have to bypass Iran so they go north (Russian states) or south (Pakistan). Logistics for an Iran war would probably go in through Oman (to bypass the Strait) and Saudi Arabia (like for Iraq). Also, Turkey would be another logistics point as trains and trucks can go through Europe or come in straight off the ships to a NATO country with an Iranian border. Pakistan issue affects Afghanistan only
edit on 6-12-2011 by Logman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I havent seen antying mentioned except for an air campaign against Iran so said supply route is a moot point. I see NO correlation.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

I think I didn't explain my point clearly... I'm not saying Pakistan cutting supply routes to Afghanistan is stopping the supply routes if there was a war against Iran because they obviously Pakistan is irrelevant in a war against Iran..

I'm saying that it puts NATO troops in Afghanistan in too much danger to start a war against Iran.

Or maybe you didn't read the OP? Or I didn't explain it clearly?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Whoooaaaaaa uhoohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

This is gonna ratle a few cages.....

And does anyone have a "Match"????

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Good. All foreign aid to Pakistan should be cut. Drone strikes on Pakistan should be cut too. Bring back the troops.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Here, here, sir....

And let's start with my cousin's 19 old son, whose dad didn't make it home.....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So how long before the US starts BLASTING a supply route to Afghan? Surely a bunch of politics isn't going to stop the warmongers. Never has before. If Russia closes their routes, they could also get serious about enforcing a "No Supply Route" through Georgia too. And then what's the US going to do? Or better yet, what is Israel going to do about Iran at that point with the US effectively removed from the equation?

Homeless vets are freezing their buns off right about now in USA streets everywhere. I am sure THEY appreciate all that foreign aid sent to Pakistan and Israel.

Please Dear God bring on Ron Paul, and hope he can make a difference in this insanity.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes, indeed, bring on Ron Paul, and let's get the rest settled now, whatever the outcome...

Hey, didn't I hear something last week about the US needing approximately $700 million for something but didn't know where they were gonna get it??? Hmmmmmm....

Look's like they found it.... eh???

edit on 13-12-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The US has other options for supply routes , several other options.

I do not know if i am allowed to mention these options or not. So i will keep my mouth shut on this one.

Just know there are several other efficient options for keeping the troops in Afghanistan adequately supplied. Things are usually over exaggerated by the US Government.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

what several options? the option left is through Central Asia or China.China pissed,Russia pissed and Pakistan pissed. Russia and china control majority of Central Asia.

Several other options my a##.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

They could just load up the B-2's outta Whiteman AFB with supplies instead of ordanance, and fly those babies round the world, round the clock and airdrop em.....

Yeah, right......

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

the cargo capacity of B-2 is nothing to hercules or antonovs or il-76.

Secondly, flying like that B-2 will get shot down by SCO or Pakistan .Then Obama should ask for B-2 to be returned as whatever remains of it will be shipped to China and Russia.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Correct sir, and nothing near the capacity of a long forgotten dinosaur, the C-141 Starlifter...

however, my point was obviously humourous, and not factual, as if that were the case, I would more inclined to use an F-105 Thunderchief, and just scare the bejesus outta the god dang taliban, without having to drop supplies to the troops at all, but rather bring them home for christmas, how about them apples....hmmmmm

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If it all Kicks off, NATO, would simply invade Pakistan and occupy Karachi, which would probably drag India into the Fray on NATOs side, as any chance for the Indians to destroy Pakistan they would take, this would give the Pakistanis a dilema, who to drop their Nukes on? Probably India. This all however, would upset China immensely as there is an ongoing Border Dispute between India and China. Georgia and Armenia would probably help NATO too, which would seriously annoy the Russians, but hopefully common sense will prevent any of this.

new topics

top topics

join