It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the West's war with Iran already begun? Mystery explosions at nuke sites Read more: http://www

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Has the West's war with Iran already begun? Mystery explosions at nuke sites

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail. co.uk

General Mohammed Ali Jaafari orders units to move long-range missiles to prevent them being targeted in an attack

Heightened operational status follows two mysterious explosions at military base and uranium facility in the last month

Campaign of 'assassinations, cyber war and sabotage already under way in Iran', expert claims

Campaign of 'assassinations, cyber war and sabotage already under way in Iran', expert claims

Advanced CIA drone crash lands in mountains, sparking fears Iran may get
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 12/6/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I believe it began last year with the Stuxnet attack. Cyber warfare is still "war" and as we can see, is not limited to software and systems failure but all out hardware manipulation and destruction.

Even if Iran starts to dismantle their Nuclear Sites with Russian assistance and completely overviewed by the IAEA, that will not be enough; it appears no turning back.

Israel knows this won't be an easy task or they would have destroyed them from the beginning like the Iraqi and Syrian plants they took out.

www.dailymail. co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
ATS Thread - L.A. Times Article
According to the LA Times .. YES ... a covert war has been underway for a while now.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It could be a training exercise, it's important for Iran to keep the army alert (any attack would be a surprise attack).

Or it could be that Iranian intelligence has picked something up that we don't know about... They are not putting everything on alert because of a downed drone or weeks old sabotage.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
WW3 will start just like the other 2 . Someone starts a war and USA joins later .

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

There is no doubt in my mind that the insurgent war is underway.

When or if the covert war becomes overt depends largely on what happens in Syria imo.

If Syria falls, the Israelis together with the Gulf states will attack Iran.

Personally i don't see Assad going the way of Gaddafi unless it comes in the way of an assassins bullet or a car bomb, so the chess game is in a state of check right now.

I do expect some form of ambiguous revenge against Israel and the Gulf States, security around Israeli and Gulf State officials will be tested as much as the true strength of their economic investments.

The stakes could not be any higher, Iran is the fulcrum between the Western and Eastern economies and cultures.

If i were Iran i would reserve special attention for Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and take no action against Israel, this would throw a spanner in the global security council and the UN who will only respond to an attack on Israel.

It would be in Iran's interest to defend itself against the Gulf States without breaking International law, they may even indulge in Western practices and create some evidence out of thin air assuming they are unable to actually find some.

For Iran, Israel is something that can be dealt with later in another way for all kinds of reasons, the Gulf States however are more pressing and actually more do-able militarily as no-one is going to defend the Gulf States or Saudi Arabia...yeah that's right..the world will pull the rug on the Gulf states, who wants Monarchies in the 21st century ? no-one.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Has any one considered the Drone crash to be feint? A modified UAV to be crashed on purpose with false technology to give Iranians what they think they want to see?

Throwing that out there , has happened several times. If this thing was important enough we could have easily targeted the area it Crash Landed in and blew it to bits.

If i was Iran , i would be questioning why i had this aircraft in my hands and why didnt the Americans do anything about it if it is a game changer.

They plug the drone up to a networked database to gather its protocol information , the information that it is running off , and where it is was being controlled from. Then all the sudden a nice little new virus pops up on the Iranian military network

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Seriously!

How much more chaos do we need to create in this world? wtf

It shows the lack of, or complete break down in communications, and listening to the what the majority of the world actually wants. Peace.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
we.ve basically had a cold war going with iran since bush.
on the books anyhow.
i've never heard of any defunding of covert ops in iran, since 07'

bush funds covert ops.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Drone crash to be feint? What the heck does "feint" mean?

Originally posted by milkyway12
Has any one considered the Drone crash to be feint? A modified UAV to be crashed on purpose with false technology to give Iranians what they think they want to see?

Throwing that out there , has happened several times. If this thing was important enough we could have easily targeted the area it Crash Landed in and blew it to bits.

If i was Iran , i would be questioning why i had this aircraft in my hands and why didnt the Americans do anything about it if it is a game changer.

They plug the drone up to a networked database to gather its protocol information , the information that it is running off , and where it is was being controlled from. Then all the sudden a nice little new virus pops up on the Iranian military network

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

He means a Trojan horse of sorts, or to misinform the Iraqi's as to what effective stealth technology is.

For instance if the US mil had a secret capability to detect a certain type of material, they put that material in the drone so it appears to be part of the stealth function of the craft. Then others reproduce stealth aircraft that are actually easily detectable by something they are unaware of.

I don't know, the US mil is loosing stealth tech all over the place and it is largely just being shrugged off. Maybe they just don't care if other countries get it due to it being hard to reproduce or something.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Feints are maneuvers designed to distract or mislead

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Feigned.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

"With Iran, you have a government that is increasingly isolated and acting in increasingly unpredictable ways," says Jon Alterman, director of the Middle East program at the Center for Strategic and National Studies in Washington.

"There is certainly the risk that a country will take the deliberate decision to attack Iran. But there is also the risk that something happens that provokes... a war that nobody planned and nobody wants.

But there is also the risk that something happens that provokes...

Key Words There,

And The Conditioning Continues,

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

He means a Trojan horse of sorts, or to misinform the Iraqi's as to what effective stealth technology is.

For instance if the US mil had a secret capability to detect a certain type of material, they put that material in the drone so it appears to be part of the stealth function of the craft. Then others reproduce stealth aircraft that are actually easily detectable by something they are unaware of.

I don't know, the US mil is loosing stealth tech all over the place and it is largely just being shrugged off. Maybe they just don't care if other countries get it due to it being hard to reproduce or something.

It would be pretty funny if they did hide a Trojan virus on the UCAV harddrive.

It's actually a pretty smart idea the more you think about it, soft crash a drone so that the electronics package is still intact.

Using single engine drones over hostile countries will eventually lead to a drone falling into enemy hands, if this one is loaded with virus's and worm's they'll leave the new ones that come down alone for fear of more infections.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
feint/fānt/
Noun:

A deceptive or pretended blow, thrust, or other movement, esp. in boxing or fencing.

Verb:
Make a deceptive or distracting movement, typically during a fight.

Synonyms:

noun. sham - affectation - pretence - simulation

verb. sham

---------------

Feigned
feignedpast participle, past tense of feign
Verb:
Pretend to be affected by (a feeling, state, or injury): "she feigned nervousness".

Two different strategies

What the US is beginning to realize is there is no real stealth technology. Everything can be deteced or has a countermeasure. Use something cheap and effective. You cant hide from modern technology ... literally.

Countermeasure to digital patterns? Infrared ... countermeasure to infrared? Conductive electrical coating on the Digital utilites to absorb Ifrared waves. Countermeasure to countermeasure of infrared waves? EM Burst that makes you light up like a chalk stick. EM burst as used with special binos that allow you to see electrical equipment in the field , very handy , still in testing.

Want to turn invisible? Requires energy. Requires power. EM Bust technology will see you regardless as can infrared. Not worth the cost of relfective material.

Countermeasure for the spirit or the b117? ECM burst that CANNOT detect the aircraft. There will be a blank field , or a interfference in the sound used to look for aircraft. Why? Because it cant be deteced , so it creates a "Black" gap in the burst.

Countermeasure to the "black" spot? Is a feed back generator. Highly classified , you can find it. It recreats and computes the signals return for the EM Burst. So it replies back to the EM burst field pretending it completed its burst cycle with no returns. So it simply relays the patterns back.

Countermeasure to the feed generator? IFF burst. "mapped burst of your atmosphere". Feed generators operate on frequiencies and has to scan a very large amount of frequencies in miliseconds to determin the correct feed back creating a frequency spike that is not natural (normally). This can be deteced.

Most of this is a lot more complicated than i know and CAN know. So yeah , its hard to create "Stealth" technology.

So anything can be detected if you have the technology for it.
----------------------------------------------

My Policy? Make a bunch of it. Make it loud. Make it big. Make it as fast as possible. Make it as protected as possible. Cross fringers.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would think you could bring down a drone with a strong electromagnetic pulse.

Does Iran possess that technology?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Yes. They do. Its rather simple technology and Russia is their butt buddy. So i would GUESS , yes.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by RSF77

It would be pretty funny if they did hide a Trojan virus on the UCAV harddrive.

It's actually a pretty smart idea the more you think about it, soft crash a drone so that the electronics package is still intact.

Using single engine drones over hostile countries will eventually lead to a drone falling into enemy hands, if this one is loaded with virus's and worm's they'll leave the new ones that come down alone for fear of more infections.

You assume that they would look at it on a networked device. Iranians are not idiots - they are actually a fairly well educated population,

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

what's the point. to waste the time and few hours of a couple of dozen people. any military engineer would look thru the wreckage for a couple of days and quickly determine if it's valuable or junk.

some stealth technology is out dated. that's why the f-117 was retired. it's like a sitting duck to today's modern radar. especially after it was shot down during the bosnia-serbia war.

edit on 6-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join