It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bullying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I know it’s been a topic here before, but I’m bringing it up again. This boy’s video broke my heart. If you have children, PLEASE, teach them to neither bully, or be an idle witness to it. Teach them to care about other people’s feeling. Teach them to appreciate that we are all different, and to embrace it instead of fear it.

If you work with kids PLEASE keep your eyes and ears open. These kids won’t ask for your help, you just have to see through the lines and do something about it.

edit on 3-12-2011 by alien because: ...editted title...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Another great tip for parents...

Teach your kids how to fight... And when to use that skill.

A bully will stop once he gets a taste of his own medicine

Take it from experience

Just my opinion though...

edit on 3-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Loose some weight midnightsunshine!
In all seriousness tho its part of the human psychology, it’s never going to stop; atleast not in our modern society.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

I don't know, I think it's possibe. I have 2 teenage boys. I've taught them how to treat people, and like Akra said above, I've also taught them how to stand up to people. It can be done, It just needs to be taught.
edit on 3-12-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i just avoided fights in school, worked like a charm and oddly everyone always wanted to fight me. resorting to violence seems kinda of primitive to me

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Check this one out. Australian school kid fights back. Most of the Nation applauded, which isn't a good thing, but it's slways good to see the underdog stand up for themselves.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

I agree it is primitive. I much prefer to battle it out with words. Maybe eventually we will all learn to use our minds to settle things rather than our bodies!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I know it seems to repeat itself, but now is the time we start making the changes that remove the need of bullying to occur. Here is a link to a useful guidebook for helping the youngones and the olderones out of bullying.Thanks for caring.
four steps out of bullying

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

There's a huge thread here on ATS about it...check it out. Just search bully. Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Wow COOL, I read the first bit, going to finish it in a bit.!!! Thank YOU for caring too

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

I don't know, I think it's possibe. I have 2 teenage boys. I've taught them how to treat people, and like Akra said above, I've also taught them how to stand up to people. It can be done, It just needs to be taught.
I dunno its pretty deep in our minds, I would say it comes back to survival of the fittest. You can teach your kids but fact is bullying is so wide spread it would be impossible to get rid off. Wether they know it or not Im sure your sons will bully someone at some point of time just like they will be.
Its a good point to stand up for yourself tho that is true, but thats something that is harder and harder considering your sons would probably be suspended or expelled for standing up for themselves.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Anyone seen Rob Zombies version of Haloween and remember the 'bully scene' ? (its on youtube).

Now thats how you deal with bullies

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Regardless of all else he has kahunas for putting this up there. Its nice to see some positive youtube comments on the vid too. You can certainly see his pain. I hope things improve rapidly for him. Thanks for posting. I hope his bullies get to see what they have done and think, it ain't illegal yet!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by steveknows

There's a huge thread here on ATS about it...check it out. Just search bully. Thanks

The post is actually related to this thread. Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
People that bully are actually the ones that are insecure. We as adults need to imprint upon our young folk that they need to refrain from picking on others that are deemed weaker.

Kids grow up. The ones that were picked on will become the stronger ones.

I say this from experience. Picked on in childhood here. Worked out hard in my 20's plus to be on the other side of bullying.

Going from stick figure to massive size gave me a great boost. However, I still hold a great deal of resentment towards the folks that tried to make me feel insecure in my youth. No more.

Truly don't advocate violence here. But there was no way I was going to take the crap thrown at me as a youngster into my adulthood.

To the youth that feel disenfranchised....go to the gym. It will give you the greatest confidence. All you will have to do is show up and people will feel intimidated. You don't have to be a bad ass at all. People respect size and an articulate confident person.

Best wishes to those going through the process. It does get better.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, I found it very moving.

Yes, we won't be able to get rid of bullying, there will always be an element of that among children - although I don't accept that its to do with law of the jungle. Kids are not bullying for resources. In the case of children its because they are not yet equipped to understand what they are doing, and are usually reflecting the relationships / values they see at home.

What needs to be stamped out is the more serious form of bullying that this boy is obviously suffering from, thats the type where many get involved to pick on a few kids and they keep on doing this all the time.

Its a tough world out there and people can be cruel, but there are limits and kids need to be taught those limits from an early age.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Awwww world is going to hell, everyday we have more and more delicate people that it makes me want to cry.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

I dunno its pretty deep in our minds, I would say it comes back to survival of the fittest. You can teach your kids but fact is bullying is so wide spread it would be impossible to get rid off. Wether they know it or not Im sure your sons will bully someone at some point of time just like they will be.
Its a good point to stand up for yourself tho that is true, but thats something that is harder and harder considering your sons would probably be suspended or expelled for standing up for themselves.

Anything is possible. Maybe not "rid of", but at least reduced. Sure my boys probably will, or have, bullied a kid in there peer group. But I know their hearts well and am positive they would never add to an already tortured kids pain. We are lucky to live in a very small Boro where everyone knows us. I know all of their friends, and their parents. My boys have good hearts.

I'm not talking about the isolated incidents of bullying. I'm talking about the one or two kids that we all know. In my case it was Brandy Yingling. She was abused beyond belief throughout her 12 years of school. I'm talking about these kids, the ones who are taking it on a daily basis.

And about suspensions...Enough already!! The new thing now a days when kids fight in school is a monetary fine, that their parents have to pay. I think they should use that money for participation mandatory, extended, after school therapy or counseling for both parties.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal
Awwww world is going to hell, everyday we have more and more delicate people that it makes me want to cry.

So cry then, I won't call you a wussy

But seriously, humans are suppose to have emotions, they (and our huge brains and thumbs) make us human. And don't think just because you aren’t moved to tears that you are exempt from feeling. Some people may be too delicate, but don't try to fool me into believing that you don't feel too.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Another great tip for parents...

Teach your kids how to fight... And when to use that skill.

A bully will stop once he gets a taste of his own medicine

Take it from experience

Just my opinion though...

edit on 3-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

And if they can't fight, teach 'em to deliver a swift kick to the knackers and run!

All's fair....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join