It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British embassy in Iran overran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Britain has threatened "serious consequences" for Iran after protesters stormed the British embassy in Tehran, ransacking offices and diplomatic residences and triggering one of the worst crises in bilateral relations since the Islamic revolution 32 years ago. A mob including members of the paramilitary basij brigades, under the control of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, surged through lines of riot police and broke into the embassy and a separate residential compound, the Qolhak Gardens, in northern Tehran, chanting "Death to England" in scenes reminiscent of the seizure of the US embassy in 1979. British diplomatic staff ran for safety and locked themselves in their offices and homes, with one group of about a dozen pinned down by the crowd while others were jostled, although there were no serious injuries. The crowd ripped the gildedUK crest off the embassy, pulled down the union flag and replaced it with the Iranian one, and threw satellite dishes off the roofs of embassy buildings. They also smashed windows and scattered thousands of papers in the street in front of the embassy, where British, US and Israeli flags were set alight.

Haven't seen any threads' about it yet
edit on 29-11-2011 by trentyh because: changed a spelling error

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Where are those children's parents? Sounds like they need a good spanking. [/sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You're a day late and a dollar short. Just look in new topics or do a search.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trentyh

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's one, haha!!!

Building up to the big NATO invasion!!!

Was always a matter of time. That was just fuel for the propaganda fire of the West! Look out Tehran, the planes and bombs are comin' soon!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was just wondering if this could be considered an act of war. My logic is that not only is an embassy an extension of the particular country's territory, but this "invasion" included Iranian military forces. I am not positive this is the case, but from what I gathered, they were part of the Iranian military.

Even if they weren't, isn't an embassy sovereign territory, despite the fact it is in another country?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Don't be so sure, there are spot fires starting all over the joint. I don't think Iran will be the only country being bombed to the sh!thouse. When one goes I think it will be a free for all in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Better get your bicycles ready, as gasoline might get in short supply.

============

The Russians just lit up their early warning RADAR systems.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

========

The Iranians are busting CIA Agents:

rt.com...

====

Russia has three warships near Syria, and US put in a Carrier Group.

www.globalresearch.ca...

===

New Rocket games across borders

news.yahoo.com...

Should be a huge war, WWIII, before Christmas

top topics

join