It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by samsamm9
If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator?

There aren't many Christians that speak Aramaic. The religion itself values greatly the ability to translate speech into other languages and speak to diverse populations, so there's no special value attached to Aramaic.

Aramaic is a dead language, you mean arabic.

Aramaic is not quite dead, yet. There are still a few thousand speakers.
'

Thats good to hear, it's nearly dead though. Hebrew had almost been an extinct language until a great revival took place after WWII when the jews went home.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Never mind the fact that the Sanhedrin accused Yeshua of saying He was God, and Yeshua did not deny it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
ya'll do know that jesus traveled to india and tibet for a while and actually considered Ahura Mazda as the "one" god and laughed when his disciples referred to allah as god right?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
ya'll do know that jesus traveled to india and tibet for a while and actually considered Ahura Mazda as the "one" god and laughed when his disciples referred to allah as god right?

Lies. Let me guess, he was called "Esau" right? This ranks right up there with the stories about him going to egypt to learn magic (which we all know by now does not exist). Theres no proof of any of that. You can say whatever you wish about him. Those of us who he made known the truth will not deny him for we are the chosen he has called to lead his flock until his return. We have his calling, we hear and obey.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I have heard stories of many Imams converting to christianity. It's truly amazing when Jesus reveals himself to people and they are converted instantly without a doubt.

Really could you post a link to one?
And have you seen Louis Theoroux on fundamentalist christians?
They tried to convert him but it didn't work.

Would love to read one of those many stories about Imams converting to christianity.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boony
When God came down to earth, he chose to reveal himself as Jesus the " Imago Dei" The image of God.

These silly arguments are pointless, Christianity teaches that Jesus is God. Christians are to see God through Jesus as revealed by the father in heaven.
We call God Jesus

/Applause. Well said boony. Short and to the point.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Those of us who he made known the truth will not deny him for we are the chosen he has called to lead his flock until his return. We have his calling, we hear and obey.

What is he calling you to do?

Is it anything like he asked his disciples to do the first time around?

You know, give all your wealth to the poor, bless those who are meek, comfort those who mourn, feed those who are hungry?

Is he still asking you to keep the commandments to love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself?

Is he still endorsing his one GREAT commandment to Love one another?

What exactly is Christ calling you guys to do?

Share his message. Some of us might want to get aboard.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 28-11-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

"Allah" was a demonic moon god before Muhammad was born.
Facts are still facts.

Thats not a fact. Thats a falsehood, either out of sheer ignorance or malice.

Now tell me something, if Islam is a false religion, why exactly did the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who you invoke, allow for it to appear in the first place. Why do you suppose God allowed for this to happen? Why did God not establish christianity there?

Did God not have the ability to prevent this from happening? (that would make Him rather weak)
or
Did God establish Islam only to punish those who are born into it with hellfire (That would make Him sadistic)
or
Is it something else?

edit on 28-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Our Creator has a Hebrew Name. All the Old testament is written in Hebrew, and small parts were translated to Aramaic. But in the New Testament the Messiah Yahuwshuwah was speaking Hebrew, as like it says in many passages. There is no reason to call our Creator Allah for that is incorrect. His Name isnt 'God' in Aramean, and His Name isnt 'The Lord' either. His Name is Yahuwah and always has been and His Only Begotten Son Yahuwshuwah came to proclaim His Fathers Name. Check out these couple videos by minister Bennett.

This video shows how the Scriptures make a clear distinction that the Son is clearly a Hebrew Name not no Aramaic.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
reply to post by samsamm9

Our Creator has a Hebrew Name. All the Old testament is written in Hebrew, and small parts were translated to Aramaic. But in the New Testament the Messiah Yahuwshuwah was speaking Hebrew, as like it says in many passages. There is no reason to call our Creator Allah for that is incorrect. His Name isnt 'God' in Aramean, and His Name isnt 'The Lord' either. His Name is Yahuwah and always has been and His Only Begotten Son Yahuwshuwah came to proclaim His Fathers Name.

Ok, does Yahuwshuwah still convey the same message?

What is he calling you to do?

Is it anything like he asked his disciples to do the first time around?

You know, give all your wealth to the poor, bless those who are meek, comfort those who mourn, feed those who are hungry?

Is he still asking you to keep the commandments to love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself?

Is he still endorsing his one GREAT commandment to Love one another?

What exactly is Christ calling you guys to do?

Share his message. Some of us might want to get aboard.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

I don't believe in preaching hell. I'm a missionary baptist not a southern baptist or pentecostal. They preach about hellfire and damnation. I'd rather preach about God's love and how he has given mankind his gift of salvation through Jesus the Christ. You bring more souls to Christ to get saved by preaching about his love versus "the wrath of God". When the bible speaks about "fearing the Lord your God" it doesn't mean to literally fear him it means to revere him. You truly cannot love someone or even God himself if you fear them or Him. God wants your love, not your fear. He wanted the Adam to love him so much he gave him free will and after he fell God loved him so much to keep inventing ways to save his friend, first by the Mosaic laws and when those no longer worked he provided us with Yeshua ha Meshiach to seal us to him forever, all we have to do is believe. The simplest thing in all the world to do is believe, yet believing is also the hardest thing in the world to do for some are too afraid to step out on faith and dare to believe what they cannot see without their eyes and some flat out refuse to believe. It is those who are truly the infidel. Maybe the word for God is Allah in arabic, so be it. Ultimately i know who i want to be with and who i want to worship for eternity. I want to dwell in the house my my Lord and King, and i would be happy even being his footstool!

Well I agree with you from the most part. I think we both have our hearts in the right place we just see things from a little different perspectives. I spent a month in Morocco which is a Muslim country so I know many there have there hearts and faith in the right place, they just grew up with different customs and traditions, and that changed my perspective a bit.

Did you know Jesus is in the Qu'ran? en.wikipedia.org...

I am not pushing Islam, I am just saying there is more shared between Christianity and Islam than most people are aware of.

Maybe one day we can see eye to eye. It will never happen as long as there are extremists keeping us apart. No enlightenment can be found pushing hatred and anger and murdering people who disagree with some things in eachothers doctrines. God cursed Cain for slaying Abel in rage, jealousy and anger., this is proof he doesn't want us to commit the same actions

Better it would have been had the crusades never happened. Muslims to this day (mostly extremists as far as i know) cannot let that go even though it was the apostate Roman Catholic Church pushing those wars for it's own wealth and worldly power (Like Jesus would have ever sanctioned any of that?) claiming it was "God's will" just because the Pope said so (i'm not a violent man but whenever i see a Pope i want to punch him in the balls).

I can't help but think God is looking down on us and facepalming what he sees going on here.

I saw someone on here with a signature that has truth in it "If you always do what you always did. You will always get what you always got".

There is one thing of which i am certain. Without Jesus Christ we are all lost. We will never see heaven without him, he is our only way there. The Father will have nothing to do with us nor will he hear our prayers without our Messiah. The jews pray to God in heaven and their prayers are reflecting back from heaven and that proof of that is evident in what is going on in Israel in this modern day to 2000 years ago. Lets see what happens when they accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

www.youtube.com...

Stuff all over youtube about it.

Even the son of the leader of Hamas is reported to have converted.

Women convert the easiest because they are tired of being subjugated and treated worse than animals and Jesus offers a measure of equality between men and women as all are equal in his sight. Jesus made no distinction between his male and female apostles. The goal was to spread the message of salvation, he didn't care what sex you were.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Jesus made no distinction between his male and female apostles. The goal was to spread the message of salvation, he didn't care what sex you were.

Is that why he had twelve male disciples?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes. We call Him, Father. We call Jesus, Lord. and the Spirit, Holy.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

PRAISE GOD! PRAISE EL SHADDAI! PRAISE THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS!

Am blessed by your experience.

Would appreciate your prayers on that score currently. Will U2U you.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Uhhhhhh . . . he did come into a cultural context!

He changed a lot of things, even then.

It was not His time to overhaul the entire cultural ethos in all respects! Sheesh.

Do you give Him as much benefit of the doubt as you'd like Him to give you?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Who you talking about Louis Theoroux?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Interesting videos. I have to ask though. Does it really matter what name is is called? Not all of us are hebrew and we have different names for the same being we pray to. Does he not know who we pray too? I don't believe he is a moron. Whatever lies the sanhedrin tried to perpetrate it doesn't stop us from loving our Savior King. In the regard to Jesus name being Yahuwshuwa...what about the stories i've heard of his true name actually being Immanu'el? I've heard that the sanhedrin tried to blot out his true name Immanu'el and replaced it with Yeshua.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Evidently you did not read the umpteen documented scholarly reference sources that I referenced and posted samples of above . . .

affirming the

FACTS

about allah being a demonic moon god predating even Muhammed's birth.

The research is very extensive.

The facts are proven MANY TIMES OVER.

Denial of the facts does not alter the facts.

Folks either become broken upon THE TRUTH

or crushed UNDER THE TRUTH.

It's just the nature of THE TRUTH.

edit on 28/11/2011 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Nope.

Amen = SO BE IT.

It is merely an affirmation of the prayer just said--MAY IT BE SO AS I'VE JUST PRAYED.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join