It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast of Revelation 13

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Revelation 13

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9If any man have an ear, let him hear.

who do you think the Beast is?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My mother in-law.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It was Nero Caesar.

Its over and done.

There even was a whole show on the History channel showing this. But the fundies think everything is 'satanic' that doesnt go along with their nonsense, so they will keep ignoring the truth of the matter of this and keep searching out imaginary boogeymen. Boogeymen that their greedy priests and pastors keep scaring them with to ensure that their hard-earned cash keeps rolling in to them so that they can buy more yachts that 'god' 'instructs' them to buy.

Bunch of MADNESS!

MADNESS!!!!!!!!
edit on 25-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A little bit of seed is sown into some books in the bible book.

Just a pointer.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

Revelation 13

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

The statue of liberty.

Revelation 13

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The USA, everyone wants to come here, everyone loves hollywood and worships the stars and america. look at the definition of worship, its crazy how ppl are blind to see wats going on...

edit on 25-11-2011 by ThinkinJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Arnold Rimmer

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
has anyone ever think to think that the beast is not yet come?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

The Beast is evidently modelled on the beasts which rise from the sea in Daniel, which represent kingdoms, so it must be a state of some kind.
It dominates the world.
It "makes war on the saints", ie persecutes the church; those who refuse to worship it are put to death.

At the moment we have nothing matching that description completely, including the last point.
So the Beast presumably remains in our future.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The revived Roman Empire, aka the EU.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You tell me...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

The Beast is evidently modelled on the beasts which rise from the sea in Daniel, which represent kingdoms, so it must be a state of some kind.
It dominates the world.
It "makes war on the saints", ie persecutes the church; those who refuse to worship it are put to death.

At the moment we have nothing matching that description completely, including the last point.
So the Beast presumably remains in our future.

the kingdom of heaven is surely coming soon.

excellent... now what is going around in the world ?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

nations

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I've done threads on this theme.
But a brief summary;
As I see it, we're still waiting for the havoc of ch6.
The Beast appears to arise after the havoc of ch6.
I've surmised that it grows to power and popularity by leading the world's recovery from that event.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This beast is forming itself in front of the eyes of the world right now. It is the German led and controlled EU. You think the EU is a failed experiment. Keep watching. Its about to reinvent itself into the final 10 states prophished in the bible. It will be overshadowed by the Vatican (the false prophet) which will demand the world convert to Catholicism under pain of death, just like all the other "Holy Roman Empires' did.

The EU is the King of the North, soon to invade and utterly defeat the King of the South, the Iranian led Islamic coalition that 'pushes' at Europe via its main weapon, oil or specifically the threat to withhold it from Europe.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

who do you think the Beast is?

Okay, I admit it.I am the beast....But I am not that bad.Just misunderstood... Sort of like Frankensteins monster.

I actually enjoy going on long walks, digging for seashells on the beach and the occasional beer.

Seriously though I have heard and read before that the beast, the anti-christ, is nothing more than political propaganda at the time. That it was just a way to badmouth the Roman Emperor Nero.

But in a way that only "true followers" could understand. IN their eyes, Nero was like the exact opposite, of their "savior" Jesus.

That is just what I have read before from legit historical sources....

So, just for what that is worth.... Many believe it was a reference to Nero.

penelope.uchicago.edu...

edit on 25-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by triune

did God reveal that to you, or did you come upon that yourself?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
To those who have suggested "Nero", I half agree with you.

I believe John was addressing two audiences at the same time, his own church facing persecution, and a future church facing persecution.

For his own people, the Beast from the Sea is the Roman Empire, the Beast from the Land Nero.
For the future church, some other state and ruler.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

i don't know about that
i think john was actually talking about what is to happen this generation. if you can find that all the prophecies of revelation that in accordance with nero, then it is a different story. i will have to do the research myself to see if john was prophesying about nero, or about what is happening to this generation.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

As I said, I think he was talking about both.
The original purpose of Revelation would have been to encourage the church of John's time.
In fact all books of the Bible were originally written for the people of their own time.

But the attempt to limit it to Nero's time doesn't work.
The trumpets and bowls obviously didn't happen in the first century, and the story goes all the way to the return of Christ.
So I'm inclined to understand Rome and Nero as models for the later versions of the Beasts.

edit on 25-11-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The revived Roman Empire, aka the EU.

Originally posted by triune
This beast is forming itself in front of the eyes of the world right now. It is the German led and controlled EU. You think the EU is a failed experiment. Keep watching. Its about to reinvent itself into the final 10 states prophished in the bible. It will be overshadowed by the Vatican (the false prophet) which will demand the world convert to Catholicism under pain of death, just like all the other "Holy Roman Empires' did.

The EU is the King of the North, soon to invade and utterly defeat the King of the South, the Iranian led Islamic coalition that 'pushes' at Europe via its main weapon, oil or specifically the threat to withhold it from Europe.

Oh Yeah.... the dot connectors are in this thread.

The wounded head is indeed Germany... the frontman will echo both the Kaiser/Furher

Führer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Führer

but the revitalized leader in/of Germany (and a renewed Statism or Fascism model) will take over 3 of the 7 heads, yet to come..and both the leader and the State of Germany will fufill the prophecy of : the mortal wound

One Head will recover from a mortal wound ...
both figuratively with the reuniting of a divided nation state...
And Physically, with the life ending wound to the Head of the soon-to-be charismatic leader

This 10 king coalition/empire (AKA the 10 toes of the Nebuchadnezar Statue explained by Daniel) will be more likened to the past Kingdom of Greece under Alexander (aka; Leopard) than to the Roman Empire which tramples and crushes all like Iron...

the beast having 'feet like a Bear' is confusing because the Bear feet refers to the Mede-Persian Empire
and the beast having the 'mouth of the Lion' refers to Babylon

i go along with a German/French/British, along with a North American Union to be perhaps 6 of the 7 Heads of the Beast
but the future German heritage, Leader/Furher will 'lay low 3 kings' and a 10 member union will come into existance & power... and behave Supremely for ~42 months

this union (Beast) does not yet exist, neither does the leader (Beast) that will die but live again from a mortal head wound...~to then be resurrected by the false-prophet after the 1st 42 months of Empire'

many of us here can see the signs and general trends ...but none of us can know the precise name of the Beast Empire
or of the Beast individual that will reign over the final 7 headed- 10 horned Beast-Empire

be a prepper so you can survive both the Beast and the Great Tribulation that is coming upon ALL the inhabitants of the Earth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join