It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Mechanic Speaks Out - Chemtrails

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Although originally from a few years back this was posted recently on Kerry Cassidy's blog at Project Camelot.

I can't make any claims as to it's authenticity but it is yet another piece of info to be considered with regards to the chemtrail phenomenon.

For reasons you will understand as you read this I can not divulge my identity. I am an aircraft mechanic for a major airline. I work at one of our maintenance bases located at a large airport. I have discovered some information that I think you will find important. First, I should tell you something about the "pecking order" among mechanics. It is important to my story and to the cause to which you have dedicated yourself.

When I got into the bay I realized that something was not right. There were more tanks, pumps, and pipes then should have been there. At first I assumed that the waste disposal system had been changed. It had been about 10 years since I had worked on this particular model of aircraft.

As I tried to find the problem I quickly realized the extra piping and tanks were not connected to the waste disposal system, at all. I had just discovered this when another mechanic from my company showed up. It was one of the mechanics who usually works on this particular type of plane, and I happily turned the job over to him.

I sat at home the first day of my suspension wondering what the hell had happened to me. That evening I received a phone call. The voice told me "Now you know what happens to mechanics who poke around in things they shouldn't. The next time you start working on systems that are no concern of yours you will lose your job! As it is, I'm feeling generous, I believe that you'll be able to go back to work soon.

Scroll down to find full letter -
Project Camelot Blog

Debunkers please keep it civilized and say something constructive or you are just another troll
edit on 11/25/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use EX tags for external content.

UPDATE
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Fri Nov 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Project camelot has been responsible for some of the most outlandish things out there.
No need for me to look any further.

They never verify anyones credentials and always make big claims with nothing to back it up.

From Burisch to Wilcock to O'Finnian etc etc...the list goes on.

Anyone who doesn't agree with them MUST be the illuminati.

Jim Marrs did an interview with them and that is one worth watching.
The rest of project camelot really disgusts me to be honest.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

What they do very well is cross correlate information. By doing this we can build up a picture of probability. There are very few absolute knowns. By putting information out there it can help to validate information from other sources.

Basically what I'm saying is don't shoot the messenger.

You are welcome to your opinion but just remember that disbelief is not proof of anything.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sorry. But there is nothing to verify anything in regards to anything in this story. I could write a "blog" about something and post it somewhere and have someone take it as fact.

Sorry. I just can not take this credibly. IF by some small chance it is true, I understand the authors reasoning for not wanting to disclose his identity, but...... I mean, we don't know the airline, the type of plane, nothing.

Besides....he claims it's a 50 gallon tank. Sorry...but you're not gonna get much spraying from a tank that size. I have to say this is pure fabrication.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Sure. But at the same time we can't write something off just because we can't verify it. We don't know it's true but at the same time we don't know it's false.

Remaining neutral is key.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

I remember this when it first went around, with pictures. the pictures were analyzed by ACTUAL aircraft mechanics, and suffice to say, they found the entire thing hilarious. I wish I could remember which site had that, as this version seems to be the exact same text, minus the "100% solid photographic proof"

One of the immediate issues I remember was the added weight. Planes only carry enough fuel to cover whatever trip they are making, with of course some reserve fuel.

Adding anything adds weight, which requires more fuel. Adding thousands of pounds of "chemicals" wouldn't go unnoticed. And 50 gallons wouldn't even produce a "chemtrail"
edit on 25-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nice story. Although that's all it is, A story.

Without anything to back up his claims unfortunatly it's no different to what you find in book shops on the fiction shelf.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Interesting post, OP. Thanks for passing this along.

I have witnessed chemtrailing before out here, always just in advance of a weather front, and I also know what contrails look like. They are not the same. I have even seen two jets at the same time, one chemtrailing, the other contrailing, and there is a big difference. They were approximately at the same altitude.

I suppose, as long as they keep lying about it and keeping whistleblowers afraid and quiet, my eyewitness accounts will only be anecdotal in nature.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well if I cross correlate information on their past claims and their credibility...I come to the opinion that they aren't very big on proving or disproving anything just like this new story.
Its entertainment for the gullible.

I remember their Blossom Goodchild days.

edit on 25-11-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I remember this when it first went around, with pictures. the pictures were analyzed by ACTUAL aircraft mechanics, and suffice to say, they found the entire thing hilarious. I wish I could remember which site had that, as this version seems to be the exact same text, minus the "100% solid photographic proof"

I found another forum with this story on it, but can't find anything with pictures.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

That's the thing it wasn't on a forum, it was "emailed" to some alternative news site. Rense? I dunno, in any event, whatever site it was posted on is no longer in my bookmarks as I can't seem to find a trace of it.

But I swear this is the same email, dude claims to work on the jet, notice spray nozzels and such, gets suspended, yadda yadda.

Actually, come to think of it, there might have been more to the email as well as the pictures.

That being said, unless someone finds that old article, I can't really say if the pictures were provided with the email or used for reference, I just remember a shot of a open wiring panel, some "spraying" devices that I believe were de-icing equipment. By the time I found that story comments were appended from people in the industry willing to post their names, explaining some of the stuff away.

Memory hole :/

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Never read this story before...thanks OP because it's fascinating. Waste disposal is something no one wants to talk about and what a perfect place to hide just about anything.

I'm supplying a link here to show just how easy it is to install a system within a commercial aircraft that is autonomous and requires no pilot input.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2003, Senator Barbara Boxer (CA-D) and Congressman Steve Israel (NY-D) introduced legislation in both the House and Senate (H.R. 580/S. 311 The Commercial Airline Missile Defense Act) that directed the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to sponsor a research and development program that would result in a missile defense system that could be installed on commercial airliners; the bill also authorized funding for the program.

Guardian is designed to operate autonomously, without input from the flight crew.

The system is wholly contained in an external, 460 mm (18 inch) high pod that weighs 250 kg (550 lb) and is mounted to the underside of the fuselage. The pod is removable, and can be transferred to another aircraft within an hour.

The third phase of the program, costing US$109 million is the deployment of the system on commercial flights.[1] FedEx Express became the first air carrier to deploy the Guardian on a commercial flight in September 2006, when it equipped one of its MD-11 freighters with the pod,[1] and subsequently equipped eight more aircraft for evaluation purposes.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001

Sure. But at the same time we can't write something off just because we can't verify it. We don't know it's true but at the same time we don't know it's false.

Remaining neutral is key.

True.
But OK...let's try to understand more from what we do know.
The guy admits it's a type of plane he hasn't worked on for over 10 years.
It's a plane from a different airline.

Furthermore, he stats at the start of the letter that there is a pecking order for mechanics. There are people who only do waste disposal. He never tells us what his specialty is, but one day is called to handle a problem with waste disposal and the next he is working on an engine sensor. He makes it sound like the engine and flight control mechanics are elitist...as they probably should be..lol, then talks about going from a waste system to an engine.

I'm sorry. I just don't believe this is account is credible. It's more likely in my opinion, this wasn't from a mechanic, but someone who knows a mechanic who found a system he didn't understand in a plane he wasn't familiar with, on an airline he didn't work for. Or a combination of stories from mechanics, in order to create a fable of "finding" a spraying device.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

When I got into the bay I realized that something was not right. There were more tanks, pumps, and pipes then should have been there. At first I assumed that the waste disposal system had been changed. It had been about 10 years since I had worked on this particular model of aircraft.

One HUGE red flag on this story. In order to work on an aircraft, unless its classified as experimental, you need to be certified by the FAA on that model. A mechanic who is certified to work on a 737-200, cannot legally work on a 737-300. In order for an indiidual certification to stay valid, you need to either put in no less that 1000 hours on that model in past 24 months, or take a refresher course every 24 months.

For this story to be true, you would have to believe that this mechanic was asked to work on a model he hadnt touched in ten years, but still stayed current on.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This is a made-up story, and has been around since at least 2000. Probably started as a joke, maybe a few actual mechanics sitting around concocted it, and dumbed it down so that it would be obvious to anyone in the airline industry.

Or, it might have been devised by the main people responsible for the HOAX of "chemtrails" in the first place.

As to its age? I found a reference to it on Rense, from May17, 2000. The writer sounds plausible, yet even he makes many mistakes. Possibly just typos:

www.rense.com...

The author, identified as "Craig Roberts", begins:

"As a former airlines mechanic (Western Airlines in Los Angeles), I read the mechanic's letter on the spray gear with interest. I can say with authority that they guy knows airlines maintenance terminology, technics, pecking order, etc.

("technics" [sic] is where he might have meant "techniques"??)

OK....Western Airlines, before it was bought and then merged with Delta Airlines, was headquartered in Los Angeles, and as such had a large maintenance base there. Keep in mind though.....Delta and Western merged in1987!!. SO, this retired (or "former") Western Airlines employee at the time of writing, 13 years later?

And, even this guy's veracity is called in to question, with many other things he writes. The piece is riddled with some rubbish, like this:

"As for the static whips, it would be extremely difficult to run tubing down the inside of a wing to such a wingtip location. It would be much easier to just run a line to the fuel dump system and use the onboard systems to discharge chemicals into the atmosphere."

Firstly, they are called static wicks.....and yes, that was one "idea" floating about, year ago...and, is ridiculous in the extreme!

However, although "Mr. Roberts" is correct in the assertion of such difficulty, and impracticality....his next notion indicates that his knowledge (or memory, or both) of airliner systems and designs is terribly lacking.

The idea of using the fuel jettison plumbing is nonsense. Especially since.....and this is BIG! Not every airliner has a fuel "dump" capability!!!

The other things he writes seem to just fan the flames of ludicrous claims....almost as if it is a sort of tacit "approval" of the original "mechanic whistleblower" letter.

In any case, it is important to note that REAL and verified airplane mechanics laugh at this...and, that it dates back as far as eleven years, by now.....hardly "new" in any sense of the word..........

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Only people who know nothing about airplanes would think this:

Waste disposal is something no one wants to talk about and what a perfect place to hide just about anything.

What's more, your link is to a missile defense system!! It also has nothing to do with your assertions, or what you seem ton have derived from reading the article:

I'm supplying a link here to show just how easy it is to install a system within a commercial aircraft that is autonomous and requires no pilot input.

There are many systems that operate "autonomously" on a modern airliner!!. That does NOT mean, though, that the crew is "unaware" of the device or system!!

And especially, in this instance....any such "missile defense" system would have to be powered somehow, from the airplane's own electrical system. EVERY item that draws power on an airplane has a way to prevent a dangerous short circuit, in one way or another. Primarily, there will be at least one (or more) circuit breakers. No such system would ever be allowed on the airplane, unless the flight crews that will then fly it have been trained and fully briefed as to its design and function.

This will also include the contingencies for when the device malfunctions. So, there will be checklists and material to describe its "Normal" function, operating methods, etc.....and, there will be provisions for any "Abnormal" situations, where the device might pose a threat to the airplane itself.

Furthermore, this "example" is so far from being something "hidden", it's a bit ridiculous:

The system is wholly contained in an external, 460 mm (18 inch) high pod that weighs 250 kg (550 lb) and is mounted to the underside of the fuselage. The pod is removable, and can be transferred to another aircraft within an hour.

The "chemtrail" fantasy has taken on a life of its own........

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's interesting how these same debunked stories keep coming up time after time. If you look on the various Facebook chemtrail groups, you see EVERY DAY someone reposts something, usually from several years ago, that has thoroughly debunked. It's the bit like those email chain letters that your elderly relatives sometimes forward. Example:

www.facebook.com...

The problem is that the debunking often gets done in a forum like this, so becomes difficult to find down the road. It needs to be in a more easily accessible form, like a Snopes, but for the minutia of chemtrails.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is from the early 90's, it was the original work of fiction that started the theory of chemtrails. The original web document contained pictures from a NW B727, showing the “Static Wicks” as the “Spray Nozzles”. As the pictures were of a NW 727, taken from the ramp, it was obviously done as a joke by some bored airline person.

It IS complete BS. Lavatory servicing is standard on all aircraft, and is done by either “Cabin Service Personnel” (the guys who clean aircraft between flights), or by “Ramp Agents” (the guys who load the bags and do the other ground servicing). Its considered a bad job, for obvious reasons, and sometimes used a sort of a punishment, or at the very least its rotated among the staff members. This means that ALL the personnel would have to be in on this secret.

The equipment for servicing Lavs, is also standard for ALL aircraft. Though small aircraft will sometimes use a cart, and larger ones use a truck, due to ease and gallon limits. Generally though, all large jets are serviced by the same truck in an area (carts are used in areas where small aircraft are parked), and that truck and the aircraft that it services use Standard Hook-Ups, and Standard Fluids for ALL aircraft.

The instructions for how to service a lav system can easily be found on the net, and again, its a standard procedure from aircraft to aircraft, with the only difference being hook-up locations, the number of tanks, and the number of gallons.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/25/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
It's interesting how these same debunked stories keep coming up time after time.

Its not actually that hard to figure out. You have a small group of core believers, some of whom actually make money running sites about this topic, that keep releasing this bad advertising with the intent of generating interest and proof for their theory. Like I said, this story was the original early 90's hoax/joke that started the whole thing. It's been thoroughly debunked on ATS countless times in the past, and I am sure will be posted countless times in the future (most likely when the web hits for certain chemtrail supporter sites starts to dwindle).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Ground Lavatory Servicing 101:
Standard Lavatory Panel:

Standard Lavatory Service Truck:

Truck Tank Stats:

Ford Lavatory Ground Service Truck
3.0 Water/Rinse Tank
3.1 200 gallon (757 liter) capacity
3.2 Stainless steel construction
3.3 Level gauge
3.4 Internal baffle
3.5 16”x12” (406 mmx305 mm) stainless steel manhole

4.0 Waste Tank
4.1 350 gallon (1325 liter) capacity
4.2 Stainless steel construction
4.3 Sight gauge
4.4 Internal baffles
4.5 20 inch (508 mm) stainless steel manhole
4.6 Open dump

Connection to Aircraft

Standard Servicing Locations for an MD-80/DC-9 type aircraft (Lav Service is blue, Potable Water is red):

Degerm Lavatory Disinfectant and Deoderizor.

Mirabowl Q
Our premiere aircraft lav fluid. The only aircraft lavatory degerm, deodorizer, tank, bowl and pump cleaner that controls odors for up to fifteen hours. This product cleans recirculating pumps and filters, as well as flush rings and bowls. Mirabowl descales and removes sludge from holding tanks. As a result, maintenance costs on pump repair and replacement are reduced by up to 95%.

(note: Used in 55 gallon drums: )
55 gallon drums 7930-01-420-3593 MBQL01

Degerm Mixing procedures:

Degerm Chemical Mix
Note: Degerm chemical in quart bottles (liquid form). Mixture is ½ quart of liquid per tank (100gals.) of water.

Here is the servicing procedure:

Servicing Procedure

1. Position the “Waste Catch Bucket” under the lavatory service panel. Catch Bucket must be secured when transported and when placed on the ground.
2. Open lavatory service panel.
3. Remove the fill cap (#1) from the fill service port (#2). If fill cap is missing, notify proper personnel.
4. Release the handle (#3) and open the drain protective cap (#4).
5. Connect dump hose unit (#6) of the waste drain valve (#5).
6. Connect fill hose (#7) to fill port (#2).
7. Push the lever (#8) of the waste drain-valve actuator to open its internal flapper valve.
8. Pull and lock the control handle (#10) to open the holding tank-valve and continue tank drainage until the waste flow stops.
9. Release the control handle (#10).
10. Verify that waste has drained out of the aircraft by visually checking thru the drain hose. If uncertain as to the waste completely draining, check the lavatory from topside, for the presence of water by flushing the lavatory or by visually inspecting the tank by lowering the lavatory flapper. If verified that water is still in the tank, DO NOT INITIATE THE SERVICING PROCESS, contact maintenance or station management.
11. Flush the waste tank with four (4) gallons of designated approved de-germ water mix. Refer to chart. Make sure the fluid pressure is between a range of 35 - 50 psi.
12. Pull and lock the drain control handle (#10) to open the holding tank drain valve. Continue until the waste flow stops.
13. Release control handle (#10) after drainage has been completed.
14. Verify that the waste has drained out of the aircraft by visually checking thru the drain hose. If uncertain as to the waste completely draining, check the lavatory from topside, for the presence of water by flushing the lavatory or by visually inspecting the tank by lowering the lavatory flapper. If verified that water is still in the tank, DO NOT INITIATE THE SERVICING PROCESS, contact maintenance or station management.
15. Fill with two (2) gallons of approved degerm. Refer to chart. Make sure that the fluid pressure is between a range of 35 – 50 psi.
16. Disconnect the dump hose unit (#6) and fill hose (#7) from the aircraft. Wipe up all fluid present.
17. Close drain valve protective cap (#4) and the latch handle (#3) of the drain waste valve. Flapper valve will close automatically when cap is closed.
18. Install fill cap (#1) on fill port (#2). Ensure cap is properly sealed and not leaking. If leakage is observed, IMMEDIATELY contact Maintenance or station personnel.
19. Close waste service panel. Panel door will close only if the waste drain valve is properly closed.
20. Close lavatory service panel. Panel door will close only if the waste drain valve is properly closed. Close lavatory service panel.
21. Clean interior and exterior of lavatory service door.

edit on 11/25/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join