It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Retaliates Against US: Puts Radar Station On Combat Alert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Russia Retaliates Against US: Puts Radar Station On Combat Alert

zerohedge

That said, he concludes that Russia is still open to dialog. However, if Obama merely intends to bomb any nation at will, we are very much concerned that everything Medvedev has just threatened will be enacted. And exponentially more so when Putin comes back in charge. One thing is certain - Russia is not North Korea, and taking this speech for more empty jawboning is probably not the wisest option.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-11-2011 by Shenon because: fixed link

edit on 11/23/2011 by semperfortis because: Copy the exact headline

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well,we feared this was coming. Now we can safely say,that attacking Iran and/or Syria will be a very bad move by the West,because Russia just declared that they are not going to standby any longer...

This was nationally televized...The Chance for another World War breaking out just jumped up significantly,and this is not fearmongering.

zerohedge
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-11-2011 by Shenon because: fixed link

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hit the CC Button to see the English Translation

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The bully was just called out!

We now have an important decision to make: Do we command respect and attack at will, or do we do the right thing and back off?

I hope we back off and keep our cool!
edit on 23-11-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The military is all the US has left. What else can it do for fun and profit?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
hmm.. would it be appropriate to roast Turkey on Thanksgiving?

Seriously, though, this is much more dangerous than the cold war ever was. Let's hope cooler heads prevail.

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
In order for one to retaliate action must be taken against one first. In order for one to retaliate one must take action against the offending party. No action has been taken against Russia (or Syria for that matter). Russia is taking no action against anyone.

There is no retaliation. Just the expected sabre rattling. Not sure what short range missiles in Kaliningrad have to do with Syria though. Do you really think Russia would attack NATO countries over action in Syria? The speech has nothing to do with Syria.
edit on 11/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Hmmm... this means the big boys are playing. It got my attention and it makes me very nervous.
I read somewhere that Russia has moved an aircraft carrier in the vicinity of Syria and the U.S. is going to do the same thing. Don't remember where I read about this happening, has anybody else heard anything similar?

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
In order for one to retaliate action must be taken against one first. In order for one to retaliate one must take action against the offending party. No action has been taken against Russia (or Syria for that matter). Russia is taking no action against anyone.

There is no retaliation. Just the expected sabre rattling.

There has not been much "saber rattling" from Russia in some time. This does not seem like idle threats or empty speech, this is a clear message that Russia has interests in Syria and Iran and considers those countries as assets on there side of the globe.

They are drawing a line in the sand for further military operations by NATO in Europe and the Middle East. Take it a bit more seriously because they have legitimate concerns.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think this has more to do with the european missile shield than syria......

... am i wrong?

... and all they are doing is putting there systems on alert and better guarding them.

I dont think this is as bad as some want it to be.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Seriously, though, this is much more dangerous than the cold war ever was. Let's hope cooler heads prevail.

I take it you weren't around for the cold war. It was much more turbulent.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I found the article at this link: cmwire.com...

In a nationally televised appearance by Russian president Dmitry Medvedev: in response to what the Russian believes is an active incursion and a potential act of eventual aggression on behalf of NATO countries in Eastern Europe (and hence the US), he he said the following (7 minutes in):

"First, I am instructing the Defense Ministry to immediately put the missile attack early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert. Second, protective cover of Russia's strategic nuclear weapons, will be reinforced as a priority measure under the programme to develop out air and space defenses. Third, the new strategic ballistic missiles commissioned by the Strategic Missile Forces and the Navy will be equipped with advanced missile defense penetration systems and new highly-effective warheads. Fourth, I have instructed the Armed Forces to draw up measures for disabling missile defense system data and guidance systems if need be... Fifth, if the above measures prove insufficient, the Russian Federation will deploy modern offensive weapon systems in the west and south of the country, ensuring our ability to take out any part of the US missile defense system, in Europe. One step in this process will be to deploy Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad Region.

If President Obama came on national TV and made a similar speech to the American people...I would be very worried the SHTF was around the next corner..We also never know in these times, if this is just spin..maybe to increase spending on the Military or some other sinister plan. I found the article very troubling and it seems like the other shoe is just about ready to drop..I pray this is not so..Thank you for your post SnF Coco
edit on 24-11-2011 by itscocobaby because: spelling

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The speech is not really about Syria. It is about Russia's concern over NATO's deployment of missiles in Europe. Russia's ongoing concern.
"Citizens of Russia, I address you today in connection with the situation concerning the NATO countries' missile defense system in Europe"

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I think this has more to do with the european missile shield than syria......

... am i wrong?

... and all they are doing is putting there systems on alert and better guarding them.

I dont think this is as bad as some want it to be.

You are wrong and the reason why is that Russia can not in good conscious come out and say that they back Syria because there are human right violations happening there and on a world stage that would draw much angst.

What they can do is call the US and NATO out on other issues and give them a backdoor message that they are getting upset by the situation. Everything in politics regarding threats and action by major countries is done through carefully thought out dialog and planning.

Make no mistake, this is about Syria, not the missile system.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The only thing i saw in the video was Medev asking for the US to put in writing that the missile shield in Europe is defensive and NOT offensive,and stating that Russia is fully open to dialogue and negotiation.

I dont see ANYTHINGabout WW3 here, Russia feels threatend, so they do what every other country would do.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Helious

The speech is not really about Syria. It is about Russia's concern over NATO's deployment of missiles in Europe. Russia's ongoing concern.
"Citizens of Russia, I address you today in connection with the situation concerning the NATO countries' missile defense system in Europe"

No........... The missile system is not a serious concern of Russia and most Russians and Americans are completely unaware of it's existence. They would not have aired a national broadcast about this issue. The meat of the message is that the US and NATO are infringing on Russian interests in the area and though they can not say on national television that they firmly back Syria, they are telling us to back off.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

...yet.

He isn´t talking about Syria or Iran directly,but the Term "Russias Interest´s" could hint at that. Just as it was in the US Interest (at least in the deranged Minds of the US Goverment) to invade Afghanistan and Irak.

You have to understand,the NATO/US Missile Shield in Europa that is aimed at Russia (officially it is to protect Europe from Iranian Missiles,but noone really believes that,even the Russian PM just said so in this Speech) alone is too dangerous for Russia to ignore any longer,hence this Speech.

NATO/US ignores Russia´s Concerns about it again and again,saying it is not aimed at Russia without any just cause or written Proof.

Its all talk and nothing else. And as we can see today,Russia is feed up and says openly that they are preparing to take out any Missile Defence in Europe if they are not included or still don´t have anything to say about the Missile Defence Shields on their own Borders.

This to me sounds pretty much like Cold War 2.0 until NATO/US caves in and does more than just talk and reassuring that its not aimed at Russia.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

There are human rights violations in the US, and we support countries with the same issues.

This is about drawing a line in the sand, I agree, but the US is being put in it's place over Syria and Iran. Mess with them, mess with Russia!

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Nope.
NATO's planned missile defense system has been a great concern of Russia since its inception. They really, really don't like the idea that their missiles can get shot down by NATO.

NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen said he was "very disappointed" Wednesday by a threat from Russia to deploy missiles on the EU's borders in response to a planned U.S. defence system in Eastern Europe.

"The suggestion that deployment of missiles in the areas neighbouring the alliance is an appropriate response is very disappointing," said the NATO secretary general.

www.ntn24.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xlb40

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I take it you weren't around for the cold war. It was much more turbulent.

Born in 74.. lived through the 80s in fear of nuclear bombs... eventually realized it was bogus hogwash. So yeah, lived through it... Still of same opinion.. this is much more volatile than the cold war was in my time at least.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join