It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Retaliates Against US: Puts Radar Station On Combat Alert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
The only thing i saw in the video was Medev asking for the US to put in writing that the missile shield in Europe is defensive and NOT offensive,and stating that Russia is fully open to dialogue and negotiation.

I dont see ANYTHINGabout WW3 here, Russia feels threatend, so they do what every other country would do.

EXACTLY!!!! He just wants it in writing and legally bound. This has nothing to do with syria. Thats a seperate sensitive issue with russian intrests at risk. This is simply concerning the missle defense system.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
BRRRRRRR! Sounds like the cold war is back on, the sheeple are now getting really bored with the...yawn! "Brown Terrorists"

This has been building up for a long long time between the US USSR & NATO, IMHO the Russians have a legitimate complaint.
edit on 24-11-2011 by JudgeDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thanks for posting OP. S&F, posting to bookmark.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Helious

There are human rights violations in the US, and we support countries with the same issues.

This is about drawing a line in the sand, I agree, but the US is being put in it's place over Syria and Iran. Mess with them, mess with Russia!

I think that we agree. There are human rights violations here, without a dobut, but they are willing to overlook those and those of like minded countries. Russia is not a like minded country, they have there own agenda and NATO will always have an agenda different to Russia, China, Syria and Iran.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

You have to read between the lines. Just the Fact that Russia puts its Radar Station on Combat Alert and is going to move Missiles to its Borders is telling enough.

On the Surface,its all about the Missile Defence Shield in Europe that won´t even be ready until 2015 or so. So why the Combat Alert now? Easy,because NATO is prepared to enact a No-Fly Zone over Syria (see ATS Thread here) with the Help of a just arrived US Carrier on its Waters (Article here)

I don´t think that this Speech was just about the Missile Defence Shield,but something else.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Shenon because: fixed Grammar

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudgeDeath
BRRRRRRR! Sounds like the cold war is back on, the sheeple are now getting really bored with the...yawn! "Brown Terrorists"

This has been building up for a long long time between the US USSR & NATO, IMHO the Russians have a legitimate complaint.
edit on 24-11-2011 by JudgeDeath because: (no reason given)

I dont think the cold war ever really ended. It was more like just a silent mutual truce agreement. The tension has always and will always be there, its just natural.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Russia is not a like minded country, they have there own agenda and NATO will always have an agenda different to Russia, China, Syria and Iran.

Ok, so who is to say which agenda is the "right" agenda?

Which countries have a history of starting wars? Which country has a history of killing millions for their own agenda?

Screw NATO...let's make a decision based on precedent!

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Thousands of years and nothing has changed. All of our technological developments, all of our supposed moral developments through civilizations and here we are...still threatening each other with death. Still trying to controls things on a fraction of a dot in the vast emptiness of space. I don't care which side your on because the fact of the matter is there shouldn't be sides and this is primitive beyond belief.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Dear Russia:

If the future actions of some IDIOTIC leaders of the USA cause you to retaliate against said country, please be sure to only retaliate into the areas in which are infested by such IDIOTIC SNAKES who make such bad decisions and NOT retaliate against the areas inhabited by the innocent population of normal DECENT people whom do NOT WANT THIS NONSENSE GOING ON.

Thank you.

(SICK of getting SCREWED by the decisions of those whom do not have the Peoples interest in mind.)
edit on 24-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Let us not forget that china and pakistan are running drills the next two weeks. Plus the positioning of us troops in austrailia and chinese positioning as well, very scary I would guess friday the first strike will begin in either syria or iran. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The White House said late Wednesday that it would proceed with missile defense shield plans despite Medvedev’s statement. Read more: www.themoscowtimes.com... The Moscow Times

President Dmitry Medvedev warned Wednesday that Russia would quit the New START nuclear arms reduction pact with the United States if America continues plans to deploy a missile defense shield in Eastern Europe. Read more: www.themoscowtimes.com... The Moscow Times

link

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Helious

Russia is not a like minded country, they have there own agenda and NATO will always have an agenda different to Russia, China, Syria and Iran.

Ok, so who is to say which agenda is the "right" agenda?

Which countries have a history of starting wars? Which country has a history of killing millions for their own agenda?

Screw NATO...let's make a decision based on precedent!

I think that you misunderstand my position my friend. I am not on the US or NATO bandwagon. Furthermore I consider most of the actions taken by the US and NATO as criminal and would equate them to WWII era Nazi Germany.

I would not say which agenda is right nor wrong I can only gauge my opinion as history is concerned and as of late..... I would agree with Russia on this one.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

WoW that's a real hard talk by medvedev.
Scary scematio and I hope nato doent do annything rash

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by xlb40

Originally posted by rogerstigers
hmm.. would it be appropriate to roast Turkey on Thanksgiving?

Seriously, though, this is much more dangerous than the cold war ever was. Let's hope cooler heads prevail.

I take it you weren't around for the cold war. It was much more turbulent.

Born in 74.. lived through the 80s in fear of nuclear bombs... eventually realized it was bogus hogwash. So yeah, lived through it... Still of same opinion.. this is much more volatile than the cold war was in my time at least.

Born in 74? It doesn't sound like you could have experienced much of the Cold War? One year old when the Vietnam war ended, not even born yet for the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Korean War, the Berlin Crisis.... I was born in 67, and still didn't grow up doing nuclear attack drills every week in school like my parents did- we didn't even have a bomb shelter in our backyard, as my parents grew up with! Sounds like you need to talk to the generation before you to see what living through the cold war at it's stress points was really like!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Here is an excerpt from a pretty concise article from Global Security Newswire on the situation.

Russian President Issues Missile Threat
Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2011

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday said his nation would target U.S. antimissile installations if the two nations cannot come to accord on the Obama administration's missile defense plans, the Associated Press reported (see GSN, Nov. 22).

(Nov. 23) - An Iskander missile launcher, shown on display during a 2008 military parade rehearsal in Moscow. Russia could field Iskander systems aimed at U.S. antimissile sites in Europe should a missile defense dispute between Washington and Moscow go unresolved, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said on Wednesday (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko).

The United States and NATO for the last year have sought to reach agreement with Moscow for collaboration on a developing Europe-based missile shield. Several rounds of negotiations have failed to produce a deal, with the sides remaining at odds over the set-up of a cooperative defense system.

The Kremlin has also demanded a legally binding pledge that the NATO defenses would not be aimed at Russian nuclear forces. The alliance has rebuffed the request but says the missile shield is intended to counter ballistic missile strikes from the Middle East, notably Iran.

Medvedev said that should the dispute continue Russia was prepared to deploy Iskander missiles in the far-western Kaliningrad region that could be fired at U.S. missile defense facilities in Europe. Additional missiles could be placed in the west and south of Russia, he added.

New long-range nuclear missiles would be equipped with technology enabling them to defeat antimissile systems, Medvedev said.

The president also said that Russia could suspend participation in the New START nuclear arms control treaty with the United States and curb additional arms control discussions with Washington.

"The United States and its NATO partners as of now aren't going to take our concerns about the European missile defense into account," according to Medvedev.

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I can respect your experiences.. I did not live through them.. But I did live through waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats after dreaming of nuclear war... as did my sister. I may be a "young'n", but I wasn't immune to the terror.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Yes, I had to chuckle at his idea of living through the cold war too.

I lived through the 50's and 60's doing the duck and cover drills in school as a young child.....Had the little pamphlet first aid books on what to do in a nuclear attack...my family also had one of those pesky bomb shelters.

ETA: To Rogerstigers. I apologize if I made light of the stress you and your sister went through as children. I know how that fear affected me and my siblings...Mea Culpa.

edit on 24-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by itscocobaby

WoW that's a real hard talk by medvedev.
Scary scematio and I hope nato doent do annything rash

He isnt known to be overly aggressive. Flipping the radar on means they are willing to protect it. the folks that are blowing it off dont have a clue on how to read Russia. They dont say it and not play it. These folks walk the walk. Making them angry through stupidity is the wrong way.

And we already know Ivo has been involved heavy on the nato end of treason in Libya. He is about a dumb as a box of rocks and Barry and Hillary are telling him what to do.....=disaster.

Obama got slapped hard because he's a chump.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Makes ya wonder if they are trying to prepare us in the most subtle manner?
hmm??

I know a lot you may attack me for posting this but just seen this on TV

edit on 24-11-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Helious

The speech is not really about Syria. It is about Russia's concern over NATO's deployment of missiles in Europe. Russia's ongoing concern.
"Citizens of Russia, I address you today in connection with the situation concerning the NATO countries' missile defense system in Europe"
edit on 11/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Although you are right people here will not listen in general...they like to fear monger.

I think they enjoy the feeling of being in danger or something, or maybe it makes them fee more important than they really are?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join