It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake scanner audio 11/15/2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
www.lazygranch.com...

Hopefully everyone knows the drill by now.
www.lazygranch.com...
Callsign of the month is Hazel.
Hazel with two or three digits is a Janet 737
Hazel with one digit is a Janet Beech.
Large cargo is a 737. Small cargo is a Beech.
Tower is well tower!
Control is like approach/departure at most airports.
Ops is ground (generally fuel requests).

During the day, the non-Janet flightst tend to be Groom based aircraft doing proficiency training. I've witnessed F117s doing this back in the day. The "cougar" callsign aircraft are doing proficiency training, but you can't tell by the callsign what type of plane is being flown.

This audio covers from about 3AM to 9PM, obviously with the gaps removed.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Forgive me, I'm not in aviation, so would you tell me what sort of information I might find listening to this? Is there a report of an alien? The visit of the President? I don't do open source intelligence analysis. What am I looking for here?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Firstly the links are broken. Secondly, with all the fame Groom Lake and Area 51 got, it is nearly certain if someone is to look for the truth, this is not the place anymore. Try Dulce or Dugway (the latter being considered the new Area 51)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Shoot I cant open it could you tell us what it says? Thanks, love this stuff.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Please don't troll in my threads with Dulce garbage or area 51 has moved crap. If you want to discuss such nonsense, start your own thread. I am about hard evidence, not fairy tales.

I just downloaded the audio on my phone. No problem. It would help to know what device or browser can't do the download. (Don't bother me with Mac or iphone complaints. Safari is a lousy browser. )

Of note in this audio is the mention of barricades. Something is being built on the base near the runway or taxiways. At one point the pilot mentions a wing-walker. The tower is baffled. The pilot then explains he wants someone to get out and see if the wing can clear the barricade.

Additional audio in the file is from Dreamland, the Desert Rock controller and Bird Dog, which is associated with the Nevada Test Site. Energy 1 is a DOE plane. I haven't checked, but it occasionally shows up on flight tracking websites as NRG1 when it flies IFR.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Hard evidence? You do realize that all on the internet is not 'hard evidence' and as much as you do what you do, it will not lead to any 'hard evidence' unless you get some security clearance, it sure wont happen from the mountains or nearby peaks. 'Dugway doesnt fall under the 'made up crap' im so sorry to read that. And I was pointing out with IE that I use for ATS and other silly things, the links dont work. But sure go on, good luck with the 'hard evidence'...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
the links work fine...not sure what the problems is on your end...maybe you're blocked from it on purpose

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just downloaded it with IE. No problem.

Regarding the troll, the topic was scanner audio from Groom Lake. Period. No need to mention Dulce or Dugway. Those are different topics.

Dulce has been beat to death. Dugway actually does exist, but it isn't a secret. The "Groom Lake has moved" topic has been rat holed as well. The base expands. There is photographic evidence. In any event, Dugway nor Groom Lake moving was not part of the thread, hence I rightfully considered the post to be a troll and the thread hijacked.

Now if you want to speculate on what type of plane is "cougar", be my guest. It sure sounds like a chopper, but then again the audio speaks of a missed approach. High/Low Key is related to simulated flameout training. The Groom Lake aircraft can't just show up someplace and do proficiency training, so they need to do it on base. Since nothing secret is flown in daylight hours, the daytime is a good time for proficiency training. I'm sure the base F16 pilots need to get their hours in, just like any other pilot. I suppose they could take a trip to another base and train in a borrowed bird, but then again, the planes on the base need to be exercised as well.

www.f-16.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Please don't troll in my threads with Dulce garbage or area 51 has moved crap. If you want to discuss such nonsense, start your own thread. I am about hard evidence, not fairy tales.

I just downloaded the audio on my phone. No problem. It would help to know what device or browser can't do the download. (Don't bother me with Mac or iphone complaints. Safari is a lousy browser. )

Of note in this audio is the mention of barricades. Something is being built on the base near the runway or taxiways. At one point the pilot mentions a wing-walker. The tower is baffled. The pilot then explains he wants someone to get out and see if the wing can clear the barricade.

Additional audio in the file is from Dreamland, the Desert Rock controller and Bird Dog, which is associated with the Nevada Test Site. Energy 1 is a DOE plane. I haven't checked, but it occasionally shows up on flight tracking websites as NRG1 when it flies IFR.

Area 51 is still "area 51", as its current designation. However as a previous poster mentioned the black projects regarding life that is not from earth and many other black projects have been divided and moved to two other locations. This would be the research and engineering of ongoing black projects, due to a compact with the star brothers based in beta reticuli. Corresponding documents can be viewed that support that Area-51 while still operational maybe as a hangar facility is not currently in production of black or deep black projects. Reptilian sources indicate that the new bases were established to conduct further research into future projects.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

The only reptilians around the range are snakes and lizards. Once again we have a troll that is taking the thread off topic. Please start a thread about Area 51 being moved and put your lizard theories there. Oh wait, there are dozens of such threads on ATS already. Yes, the topic has been rat holed to death. Same goes for Dulce.

Care to comment on scanner audio? Did you even bother to download it and listen?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The COUGAR call signs certainly sound like fighters, probably F-16 pilots making proficiency flights. GHOST 86 and CASPER 2 sounded like helicopters. GRIZZLY 45 was interesting. Normally, I would have associated that call sign with base security, but he was obviously flying around the range, and working at altitudes up to 19,500 feet.

It's not true that all test flights occur at night. Most test flying takes place in daylight so that the aircraft is visible to the chase pilot and ground observers. For security reasons, test flights should be conducted during the first hour or so after dawn to minimize the chance of an unauthorized sighting. The test article should be finished flying, and in the hangar, prior to the arrival of most non-permanent test site personnel each morning. Nighttime testing would certainly be appropriate for aircraft designed to operate at night, like the F-117A.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure any base aircraft have static callsigns. The problem is there is a lack of daily scanner audio, so it is hard to establish a pattern. I've heard Sierra Papa as a chopper callsign. "Security Patrol" I guess. But if they change the Janet callsigns monthly, it is likely all callsigns are changed monthly.

Regarding daylight testing, if it happens, I guess they cancel the tests when Tikaboo is occupied. It is no secret they run a tanker from Travis to the range on moonless nights, so some night testing is being done. Trevor Paglen's "patch book" has the patch.

The trouble with daylight testing is twofold. One, the commercial air flights have their share of curious pilots. Every once in a while I catch a commercial pilot on the Groom frequencies. I assume they take a radio on the plane and park it on a Groom frequency, then accidentally use the wrong radio when the want Nellis control. The other problem is the constant Janet activity. There are dead period, but they are short. Perhaps "media day arrival" means land with the windows shuttered.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Nice one Gariac!

I assume callsign 'dreamland' is groom tower?

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stratsys-sws

Groom Tower is "tower". Groom Approach/Departure is "control". Groom ground is "ops." Dreamland is the Nevada Test Site. I included it in the scanning because some interesting aircraft fly the range.

www.lazygranch.com...

I archived the relevant parts of the "FLIP" before it went offline. Dreamland Approach Control is listed under Yucca
and Pahute Mesa. All the NTS airstrips are now considered private. Their tracking is in theory removed from the FAA internet stream..

The "flip" is not classified or even sensitive. There is some sort of copyright issue, so the DoD claims.

top topics

join