It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food and Drug Administration Declares Pepper Spray a Vegetable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The US Congress and the Department of Agriculture have collectively agreed that pepper spray, an inflammatory agent commonly used in riot control and personal self-defense, is now publicly recognized as a member of the vegetable food group. With this declaration, pepper spray now joins the ranks of carrots, arugula, chickpeas, and broccoli as an official FDA-approved vegetable.

Kinda funny... I'm sure this is a joke..

But i did find this to be somewhat of what we should be expecting soon..

Pepper spray’s popularity saw an unprecedented spike since the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations began in New York City’s Zuccotti Park in September. These mostly peaceful protests sparked a wider ‘Occupy’ movement that has had demonstrators globally consuming more pepper spray than ever before in part due to the help of riot control officers. For example, a video of passive students at UC Davis went viral yesterday, in which protestors are depicted absorbing mass quantities of pepper spray as a campus police officer casually showers them with the chemical compound as though he were Lysoling his bathroom after a trip to Krispy Kreme.

peppr spray a veggie
edit on 21-11-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

“We are super excited to have pepper spray join the vegetable family,” said UC Davis chief of police Gordon Toothrot. “Now, when we’re violently breaking up these peaceful protests with brutal, unnecessary force, we’re also providing people with a vital aspect of their daily nutrition.”

So true. Must have been overlooked by Codex Alimentarius. Every time they try to starve us, life finds a way to survive!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Amen brother..

Amen...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
That's funny!!

I was just considering a suggestion that OWS start bringing Mexican, and Szechuan Chinese platters to their events. Just hold up the plate, and say thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Good one Spacedoubt..

I was thinking likewise...lol..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hang onsies... Don't peppers technically contain seeds??? Does that not make them a fruit?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The joke has one downfall..
Pepper is not a vegetable, its a spice.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

No..because the FDA says you are wrong..

With this declaration, pepper spray now joins the ranks of carrots, arugula, chickpeas, and broccoli as an official FDA-approved vegetable.

see.....

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Well if the FDA says so I guess its ok to spray it in peoples faces then. They are all homeless hippies in need of food right?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh my God people, really-->>? Come on. What the hell is wrong with the FDA? Pepper spray is not a vegetable, why in Gods name would a Man Made CHEMICAL become a vegetable?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I am wondering how much money they sapped from the system even talking about this. Seriously, so many people are out of jobs, loosing homes, even freedom because the law has skirted around the fact that you can not go to jail for debt by making it failure to comply with a court order and these people are sitting around a table, taking tax payers money, to discuss this much less make a chemical composite product made from what we already consider vegetables a vegetable in itself. Show me one pepperspray plant!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky8580

Lots of things are wrong with the FDA.
It should be disbanded. and at the most, rebuilt into something smaller and cohesive, that cannot be "purchased" by big Pharma. K-Street should be turned into a parking garage.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
every punch has Vitamin C playing GRADUATION DAY in the end. I'll kick you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Suitable replacment for Tobasco?
Worth a try I think.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
when i'm vitamin deficient i just get a can of pepper spray and swallow couple squeezes in my mouth and i feel like i'm on fire.

new topics

top topics

join