It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mountain face of Machu Picchu? Is this picture real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wikipedia Machu Picchu Article

To be honest this thread may end up in either the trash bin or hoax forum.
I used the ATS search engine, but didn't find anything on this.

Is this picture real?
Does anyone know who took it or where it comes from? Thanks in advance.

Source (Where I saw it first; imgur.com)

rotated...

flipped horizontally....

In portions of this, to include the beginning, I believe we can see the mountain in question.

Picture of Machu Picchu used by wikipedia:

To be honest I think the picture looks like it may be shopped, but also see how the mountain may have eroded over hundreds of years from something that could have looked like a face carved into the mountain. If not shopped at the very least the face would seem to only be visible from a certain angle or perspective and/or utilize the illusion of shadow and lighting. I'm curious about the picture itself, and it's possible origins.

Any ATSers know any further information on this picture or of a megalithic face carved into a mountain at Machu Picchu?

Thanks in advance for your comments and time,
ILikeStars

edit on 21-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: I'm editing stuff. ... And don't you have better things to do than to read these words here anyways?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
fantastic spot,my only query is why hasn,t anyone else saw this?pretty sure it would have been first thing spotted when it was uncovered.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Pretty cool. Either this is photoshopped, or someone blew up the original missing piece. I want to go with the first option. I don't think a little rain over 100 years would do that.
edit on 21-11-2011 by samlf3rd because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It looks shopped to me.

You can see in the other pics that the "nose" is way bigger than in the face pics.

Looks cool but I would say fake

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Comparing the two, a sample from the video and "the face", I'll say photoshopped.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Notice also though that the pictures that depict the face are taken at a lower angle than those where a face cannot be seen. From the right perspective, I can see how this might possibly be real.

And to build a city beneath the "face of man", wow, that is just incredible if it is in fact legit.

Edit: Ahh ^ there we go, now the evidence is favoring a shop.
edit on 21-11-2011 by PatriciusCaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Defiantly photo shopped, but well done.

But it could of (like several of the other posters pointed out) looked like this in the past.

If it did look like this in the past, it would have been most visible from the air, what implications would that have?

It would fit in history and modern observations of many of the other visible from the sky archaeological sights.

edit on 21-11-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I really can't offer anything but I have to say it reminds me of the face on Mars. I wonder what that would look like from space. I'm going to have to look at Google Earth when I get home from work in the morning.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
yeah deffo someone trying to make out something that was never there,go round the world and bet u could do it with every mountain,this is coming from someone who wants to believe.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have seen the "mountain face," before, but it was nowhere near defined as the OP photos...my belief is the OP photos have been subjected to photoshop at some point...

Having said that, before I die, I would like to go there...If I could survive the trip...
edit on 11/21/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Star. My thoughts exactly.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
dont you think the mountains resemble what the real photo portrays, thats actually crazy those mountains resemble a face like that this could be on the level with how the pyramids resemble constellations

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thank you very much alfa1. My photoshop skills suck (to say the least).

I really appreciate you doing that for the comparison. The unshopped one looks like it may be an eroded person with a big nose.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Do you think people know what the profile of an ape or primate's face looks like?

Do you think people know what the shoreline of the Pacific Ocean looks like from Alaska to the Southern tip of South America?

The Pacific Ocean sort of resembles the profile of a primate's face. Not too many people seem to notice it. Or maybe it doesn't resemble the face of an ape... ya, that would make more sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
leaving this post,admit it looks good but as i say u can turn any mountain on its side in the world and pick out a face,just like i can pick out a face in the clouds,its there but only cause its what i want to see.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Machu Picchu is stunningly beautiful and loaded with mystery and "mystique" "as is". It's too bad someone felt they had to enhance it with photoshopped images.

That is huayna picchu, btw.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Anthropormorphic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Even the unshopped pics remind me *somewhat* of this

Ya think?

Granted, my imagination could be really reaching here.

edit on 11/21/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Some of those things may be bigger than we originally thought.....

edit on 21-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: this edit will self destruct in 10 seconds

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It may have been doctored up but the fact remains that it does look like a face! I never knew it and have looked at Machu Picchu all my life in books.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Wow! Thanks for that! Hadn't seen that before. Crazy, huh? Really deepens the mystery as to how they managed such things. For me anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join