It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate BAN for Posting Sorcha Faal Articles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I must be hanging out in the wrong forums, because I don’t think I’ve read one.
I’ve always wondered what the fuss was about with her and readers on ATS, I’ve come across people’s comments about her, but not the content.
Maybe I’ve just been lucky

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Many Sorcha Faal threads do end up in the HOAX forum.

All should end up there...

Originally posted by Springer

I will happily "declare" that ALL threads using Sorcha Faal as a source, directly or indirectly, will be put in the dread ATS [HOAX] Forum as soon as they are discovered by staff or reported by the Membership.

We do NOT want to support such garbage with any publicity on the Big ATS at all.

Springer...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20/11/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I will not vote in favor of censorship! You post articles MANY times from WND, which I judge to be a lying, worthless rag, but the whole idea of being a critical thinker is to search for the truth in WHATEVER is presented.

A True American who is calling for censorship and banning of members who use a certain source?? The irony is outstanding. Please!

And blaming others for the time you waste on ATS? Too much!

edit on 11/20/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotForgetMe
Reply to post by TrueAmerican

I have read plenty of articles on Faal's site with source links to actual news sites here in the US that were 100% accurate. Granted they give a little more to each account and add their inside source info opinion whatevers, but all forms of media has BS. If it bothers ya that much then start your own site-that way I don't waste MY time with threads like this. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

See, I've been here for a while now, and I have to agree. If Sorcha Fail is reporting on a story that's linked to a real article, in a legitimate newspaper, or what we THINK is legitimate, are we to expect that now that SF has the story, it has to be a hoax, even if it was true before he reported it?

We could guarantee that anything that is really happening, isn't happening, because SF reported on it also.
I don't think he's that powerful.

Sometimes he gets it right, depending on what his source is.

Banning a person for not knowing who SF is, or what most of the stories are like, is ridiculous.
Making it part of the "rules" here, also aren't fair, I've been here over a year now, and I haven't even read the T&C yet

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
And it doesn't appear that anyone here cares about the quality of posting anymore.

I could tell you why... but I would get slapped

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
MPV; my point of view: take this congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1955 full text here www.govtrack.us... with in few clicks just to see the bill) it was a bill, now long dead. Some times one does see things so shocking and so far out that ones mind does shut down , the "one tracked mind" takes over, copy, paste then post and or make a thread, before seeing reading it at the way through. it took me all a five clicks to find this bill's final doom for it did die in the house.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Sorcha Faal
Rascal Of Ha

I wasn't really paying this Sorcha Faal much attention, and wrote said articles off awhile back. But if lies and deception attempts did not exist, people would create them and call them "News" anyways.

I think a lot of what is on the internet is psyops, propaganda, and information designed to manipulate peoples' thought processes in many cases. Often successful if perpetrated by people who know people better than people know themselves, and spread by people who may or may not know what it is they are spreading.
Not always mind you. But often enough there is a lot of information on the internet that simply can not be true, or at the very least seems diametrically opposed to the reality my senses have garnered over the years.

I don't think it is necessarily fair to ask ATS to ban all posts about said goof ball source. Let people think for themselves, sure. Then again... what kind of reality would we live in if people did make lying illegal, or at the very least started filtering it and effort to reduce the amount of it that exists.

I feel your pain, honestly. But is your request even possible? Don't mods have enough to do? Shouldn't they get to enjoy their ATS, too?

Good Luck TrueAmerican.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I agree with many others that an "instant ban" is a bit harsh, considering the wide diversity of people and their varying experience here.

But, you actually do a great service to the subject, by putting this in the BB&Q Forum, where it will be seen by many.

Perhaps the thread by Springer could get 'bumped' more often?

In any case, there is always a learning curve, and it's also true that such a Busy Board (trademark pending) as ATS has many threads initiated, often in the attempt to "be first". The discrimination needed to properly vet the topic sometimes is a bit lacking.

Still, the avenues of properly responding to those from "Sorcha" (I like the spelling of the last :name" as 'foul') have been pointed out.

I say, it's up to the Staff (as always) to determine a member's intention, when using such a "source" for a thread. It can usually be evident whether the person is trolling the hoax, or sincerely just unaware of the lack of credibility.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Your kidding right?

We start 'banning' members who use sorcha as their news source because you feel your wasting time reading them? Then what? Perhaps Rense or David Ike, or the UK paper The Sun might also be included since some believe these news sources are also questionable at best. Where is ATS suppose to draw the line here?

There is already a well established procedure here at ATS to deal with HOAX's, add to this the comments people make when they see Sorcha Faal quoted as the news source helps to ensure the majority of posters will think twice before repeatedly quoting this news source again. So whats the your problem?

Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough, but I do not see ATS being over run with these funny Sorcha Faal stories.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
See, I've been here for a while now, and I have to agree. If Sorcha Fail is reporting on a story that's linked to a real article, in a legitimate newspaper, or what we THINK is legitimate, are we to expect that now that SF has the story, it has to be a hoax, even if it was true before he reported it?

That happens in the UFO forum all the time... you get a UFO report... and those usually make the 'circuit' very quickly so sooner or later it will end up with Jamie Maussen.

So along comes an innocent newbie... finds a cool story on Jamie Maussen and lists it as source... Immediately a thousand debunkers will pounce on the poor innocent with screams of HOAX simply because Jamie ALSO carries the story...

Yup ban em all... make sure only correct thinking gets posted... Oh and better get that National Enquirer of the super market shelves while yer at it.

Good luck with that

As to 'wasted time' Just exactly WHO is making you read the Sorsha fall threads?
They kinda stand out like a beacon...
edit on 20-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Heres the easy option.

See a Sorcha Faal thread, alert it, then leave it alone.

Let the staff deal with it. If it needs to be trashed or moved to hoax, it will be.

Simple.

Much better than getting worked up about it and creating a drama thread, eh?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I agree that banning someone for citing Sorcha Faal would be extreme. I rather enjoy the game of spotting one of his hoaxes based on the thread title alone! "Russia fighting ETs in Antarctica!" All of us debunkers race to follow the links back to Faaly's site and the one who posts SORCHA FAAL! first wins stars from all the others. You do realize that's a game we play here. It's sort of like ATS's answer to Farmville.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

ATS answer to Farmville. Now that is the funniest comment I read today. Star!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree with Benevolent and Purplemer

You cannot sensor people just because you dont agree with/have strong feelings against, their sources...

People get upset over things on here, yet have complete control whether they view them .....

Wheres our accountability of self people?

worse yet, if enacted then you would be banning people who had no idea what the sources were.......how fair is that?
edit on 20-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm not for an Immediate BAN either. Also doesn't it depend how the articles get posted and in which fashion?

I mean if it's being presented as fact then it should get slapped with a HOAX Tag but I see nothing wrong posting something from Sorcha to open a discussion say in Skunk Works and elsewhere

Also I'd propose changing the spelling to

Sorcha Fail

Seems reasonable

edit on 20-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There's breaches of T&C all the time. What of those? Since facebook, this site has gone downhill

edit on 20-11-2011 by aorAki because: to get to one line post

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Can we also ban FOX "News" as a reliable source of truthful information?

FOX "News" is propaganda, psyops, and presents lies and manipulated information as well.
FOX "News" is guilty of pandering bombastic hokum, and this is not even worth arguing.

Apparently my society has demonstrated to me that freedom of speech and freedom of press gives people the right to lie to people, in this case millions of people simultaneously:

But, this is not an American site. This is an international site.

Hope everyone has a good week. Do your personal best to not be gullible and naive. This is all I ask of ATSers.

Thanks,
ILikeStars

Edit to add:

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Also I'd propose changing the spelling to

Sorcha Fail

Seems reasonable

If I could give you a star for that post I would, lol. Here ya go: ★

edit on 20-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: add response to SLAYER69

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Also, for the record, I'm against the proposition of the OP. Many times I've seen a Sorcha Faal topic and have read the excellent debunks by respected members. No need to go down the path of tyranny and control that, dare I say it, has even affected such excellent posters as Protoplasmic Traveller. Likely there is some fascist agenda behind this all...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd just like to interject something about why we ought to encourage all this to be shared, not banned. The peer review system that we informally have here at ATS is invaluable and a major factor in what makes this site such an enormous success in sheer numbers alone, IMHO.

Anyone can post anything, however legitimate or totally idiotic it may be. Even the really off-base and idiotic topics often lead to other valuable side discussions in the threads. If nothing else though, it shows by peer review/reaction what is bunk and what deserves a second look for those who are totally unfamiliar with a source or story.

It just seems to me that while all side are actively encouraged to BOTH support or debunk anything that comes here, we can only benefit by all sides being tossed into the meat grinder to see what comes out Grade A.

You are always worth quoting, my friend.

If you ban Sorcha, what's next? Let's ban Fox News. Let's ban.....

THIS thread should be in rant.

Banning on ATS should only include members violating the T&C's. To remove sources of information not only detracts from our ability to see the truth, but it also leads to the dangerous path of censorship. I am against it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I just split in two with laughter at your Farmville comment. It's true.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join