It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate BAN for Posting Sorcha Faal Articles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I got an even better idea.

How about we weigh the facts that are given to us, and not attack the source?

You have people claiming BS on Sorcha, FOX, CNN, MSNBC, RT, IPTV, YNET, JP, WND, etc, etc. In truth, what is BS is everyone knee-jerking to attack the source of the information so that no one has to do the right thing and actually verify if what was said is truth or not. By assuming this stance on a fallacy, it allows anyone to discredit anything that they do not agree with based solely on the source of information, and not the actual information given.

If you do not believe the information to be correct, feel free to disprove it by using facts about the information given. Not your opinions on the source of the information. Denying ignorance is tough work. That includes not committing the fallacy of ad hominem (attacking the source).

Effing brilliant, I know.

Very good post. I am impressed because such eloquent treatise are hard to come by these days. I thank you for taking the time and effort to explain such a position and to reveal the factors involved.

I second your comments Lemon.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Case in point:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP is active member since 2009. 689 posts. There is no excuse.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

LOL why?
I generally like to read what you put down, I also like me some science fiction too.
The thing about sorcha fowl..fail..err however it's spelled, You know right away that it is false.
It is all entertainment Bro!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Then use facts to dismantle the information given and help others deny ignorance.

Should not be too difficult, eh?

reply to post by muzzleflash

Thank you for the kind words.

edit on 11/20/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
Why not let the content of the article be the deciding factor of its authenticity, OP?

Correct, and with someone like Faal, any newbie debunker can have a field day practicing and refining their proper discrediting tactics.

Often times this person misrepresents facts or skews them to generate publicity.

It is like an exercise in debunking 101, and I think that ATS members need to practice and hone these skills in order to have better odds at debunking the more difficult and challenging claims made by more 'reputable sources'. This will only lead to an increase in our overall content and will justify ATS's goal to deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The Sorcha Fall saga, from a few years back
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Then use facts to dismantle the information given and help others deny ignorance.

Should not be too difficult, eh?

WHY should I use my time to debunk what is already widely known as pure BS?

WHY?

WHY?

WHY???

So people can still post Sorcha Fall articles? WHAT?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not. Some sources like Sorcha are already known to be hoax sites. So it is a pure time waster to have anything to do with them.

Come ON ATS, put your damn foot down for one friggin time and say no, we will not allow this anymore.
edit on Sun Nov 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow. I'd of been banned. (Ok, no comments from the peanut gallery).
But really.
When I was very new here I read something from...'cough choke'...and posted it.
I had NO IDEA who 'it' was.
Now I know better.
So, maybe an instant ban when you post a second article by SF?
:p

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Many Sorcha Faal threads do end up in the HOAX forum.

I sometimes think members new to conspiracies find these sensational articles, and in their new-found enthusiasm for all things tin-foil, wnat to share with ATSers.
We were all new once.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I gave you a clear case in point, and that is NOT a new member. I could see forgiving a new member with say 50 posts or less, or member for less than two months, whichever is less. I mean something. ANYTHING. But Christ. For Pete's sakes let's put a darn stop to this. I am sick of wasting my time on that idiot.

I mean really. How hard can this be. So you put up a notice that ATS no longer accepts articles from SF, because it is a known hoax site. The end. Put it in the place where the "You are an experienced member..." appears, so that anyone attempting to start a new thread sees it LOUD AND CLEAR. "ATS NO LONGER ACCEPTS ANY SORCHA FAAL ARTICLES, SORRY, BECAUSE IT IS A KNOWN HOAX SITE. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SOURCES CAREFULLY. THANK YOU."

So what's wrong with that?

Or is ATS going to continue to force us to sift through this garbage for fear of upsetting a few hoaxters?

Get real man. DO SOMETHING, PLEASE. Enough is enough. How many more years of this crap do we have to endure?
edit on Sun Nov 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The best thing to do is send staff an alert on something like that, so we can decide if it should be moved to a more speculative forum, of HOAX or trash.
Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by TrueAmerican

I have read plenty of articles on Faal's site with source links to actual news sites here in the US that were 100% accurate. Granted they give a little more to each account and add their inside source info opinion whatevers, but all forms of media has BS. If it bothers ya that much then start your own site-that way I don't waste MY time with threads like this. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am never a fan of censorship.
Ever.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
Ever.

And I am never a fan of hoaxes.

Ever.

There goes TA again, trying to fight for quality on ATS.

Just never fricken mind. :shk: I'm out.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I get your point True American but I think a 3 strike rule would make more sense if Ats was to have a ban on sorcha faal.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
That's right, and I vote in favor.

How much more of my time are you going waste posting Sorcha Faal articles from whatdoesitmean.com? I am SO sick and tired of people posting junk from there, cause I will never get that time back. And then you try to hide it, conceal the source, like you are going to sneak it past a bunch of astute ATSers who check sources? No. You're not.

Dammit. Enough. ATS admins and mods, it time to put your darn feet down to this utter BS and BAN ANYONE who knowingly posts any more articles from that idiot. Every single last one is total BS, and always has been. ATS has higher standards than that. And IT'S TIME the admin and mods here step up and get serious about no more articles from that junk hole. It's only fair to the membership here not to waste any more of their time. Therefore, get tough. Start banning them, and soon the message will sink in.

While I understand your frustration, censoring these kinds of actions leads to too much control.
People should be allowed to decide for themselves, even though it irks you to heck, whether a story is worthy of their attention and whether it's true or not.

I am strongly against censorship of any kind, it only serves to make us weaker.

Originally posted by watcher3339
Ever.

And I am never a fan of hoaxes.

Ever.

There goes TA again, trying to fight for quality on ATS.

Just never fricken mind. :shk: I'm out.

While I agree, why should I agree with some groups idea of what a hoax is, am I not allowed to think for myself? You truly show your disdain for how people interpret information by thinking we need protection. You reduce ATS' worth by saying the more hoaxes posted here the worse this place looks. All it means is you need to start reading and researching better which is a nice enticement to getting people to think for themselves and realize whats true or a hoax.

edit on 20-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So you want to have censorship on ATS? There are a few questionable deleted threads every once in awhile but I can't agree with this.

I will agree that you should have the right to state your case tho.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I like this approach it's better then what you see mostly, which is a quick berating then in the same breathe that same person saying they won't waste their time debunking it for it has been done many times.

ATS has it right, they move topics that were proven hoax into a hoax forum. Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

WHY should I use my time to debunk what is already widely known as pure BS?

So you can help others deny ignorance.

I find this thread highly disturbing coming from someone who has a Ron Paul banner as their sig.

What would RP do?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Never would I ever condemn those who want to use a Faal article. No punishment. But to me I think it would be more embarrassing to have my thread moved to the Hoax bin vice having ATS say, "Be careful when you use that Socha thingy. Make sure your ducks are in a row because people are out there to shoot them."

I have enjoyed reading what everyone thinks on this subject.

Cheers to ALL

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join