It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate BAN for Posting Sorcha Faal Articles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Agreed. Blanket censorship is not the answer.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by TrueAmerican

In light of your suggestion

I REQUEST AN AUTOMATIC BAN FOR THOSE WHO FAIL TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION AND/OR CHECK THE NEW TOPICS FIREHOSE.

We can do this all day long but it is not constructive and will ultimately fail if the day ever comes that Sorcha Faal offers something first hand that later gets confirmed by the MSM.

Most of us can see though the BS. Those who wish to spend time on fake topics are probably deservingly there and no doubt someone with more fortitude and maturity, than yourself, will come along and point them in the right direction.

In your case, TrueAmerican, I REQUEST AN AUTOMATIC STRIPPING OF YOUR GOLD-CONTRIBUTOR STATUS FOR A WEEK FOR THE PETULANCE SHOWN IN THIS RANT.

Those in favour, say I. Or star this post to keep your anonymity.

edit on 20-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Aye!!!

So this so-called 'True American' (?) gets to put his dissenters down without even a warning from T&C???

...Calling them 'Hoaxters' ....< "Or is ATS going to continue to force us to sift through this garbage for fear of upsetting a few hoaxters?" >

...Deriding people that don't agree as 'Idiots' ...< "Post your fricken faal articles. Be idiots." >

...and, Flat-out calling them 'Liars'... < " Right. Be proud. Be a liar. Right." >

Great to see the open discussion of ideas being supported by a "True American".
I hope you don't have kids....if they come home and repeat a story they got from this Faal character, you'll probably slap them in the face before you explain why.

Because of you, I'm going to find and read all of these 'BS' hoaxes you're talkin' about.

I don't know who Sasha Faal is, but I'd rather read untruth, and find it to be fake for myself than not do so because of your ignorant, hateful rant (not saying YOU are hateful or ignorant...just your obvious rant.)

edit on 11/21/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: to add

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Just thought this was a good breakdown of "him" . And peaple should know he is a provocateur for MSM, they throw these nut jobs out to make us look like loons!

Note:. There is no such person as "Sorcha Faal, Russian academic" "Sorcha Faal" is actually David Booth, an American computer programmer "Sorcha" is alleged to be a Russian academic but there is absolutely no record of anyone with such a name in Russian academia. These periodic eruptions have absolutely no basis in any kind of fact or reality and are typical of the nonsense bespangling the internet. These reports, however, have a good deal of entertainment value. This idiocy is almost as funny as the Scientology cult babblings.

FULL LINK

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Or is it that you dont want others discussing those ideas/people because of a clash with your personal, unshakeable beliefs? If you dont like a topic then click on it. No big deal.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I think this is a little ridiculous. Don't read it.
Immediate ban smacks of stifling free speech and the likes of communism.
We don't want to go there.

Now I have to look up and see who this Sorcha Faal person is because you have done nothing but pique my curiosity about what he says that is so dangerous or stupid or nonsensical it shouldn't be posted.

Let people do the sifting and accepting or rejecting when ever it is possible. You can always chime in the threads and say this is nothing but pure BS. We need the back and forth imo.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I went to whatdoesitmean.com. It appears to be a site with links to different news articles much like whatreallyhappened.com or drudge etc.

Or did I miss something?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope
Just thought this was a good breakdown of "him" .

These reports, however, have a good deal of entertainment value.

There ya go
you just gave us one reason to look at them

This idiocy is almost as funny as the Scientology cult babblings.

AH! So this opinion article is really biased, isn't it?

I suppose it all depends which opinion you read first

The first Internet posting attacking the Sorcha Faal occurred on April 7, 2005 and appeared on the known anti-semitic and hate site[1] Rense.Com and is owned/managed by a Mr. Jeff Rense and was titled "Reader Asks - 'Who Is Sorcha Faal?'" and concludes with these words: "Sorcha Faal... plain and simple answer... It's an anagram - rearrange the letters and it spells: "as of Rachal" (Booth)”

This being the original ‘attack’ Internet posting against the Sorcha Faal to appear it should be noted that it was posted without any supporting links, or tangible evidence, to support the allegations made against the Sorcha Faal by its ‘anonymous’ author, and who is only identified by the term ‘Reader Asks’.

The apparent reason for Mr. Rense making his posting about the Sorcha Faal via an anonymous posting ties into his knowledge of how such postings can lead to legal action against the poster. A specifc example of this involves a television executive named Patsy Smullin employed by an American television station KOBI-TV.

SOURCE

So if someone was doing a smear campaign... hmmmmmm

But seriously why the fuss? Just DON'T READ, push the alert and move along... nothing to see here folks...

IMO ATS is already to heavy handed with that ban hammer. Gonna get pretty deserted around here at this rate

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Itchin' for a 'fight', are ya??

IMO ATS is already to heavy handed with that ban hammer.

Well...seems the 'topic' in these here parts is all 'bout 'Sorcha Faal'...and, 'nuthin' else. [snort]

Gonna get pretty deserted around here at this rate.

You talkin' about the DESERT, there?? Some uf us done lives in the dezert, so....be careful of the fights yer done gonna pick! [p-tooey!....zing! Right into the spitoon!!]

LOL!....of course.....but, ya varmints! (...no one here on ATS.com, of course.....and any resemblance to persons dead or living is purely coincidental).....count yer blessin's!! Yargggghh!!

[oops....accidentally slipped into "Pirate Mode"....darn this voice-activated keyboard!!]

(pounds fists in frustration.....)......

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Does all this mean you are upset? Holy #...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Hello Snoopy,

Or is it that you dont want others discussing those ideas/people because of a clash with your personal, unshakeable beliefs?

I read my reply again, a few times, and I really cannot see where I wrote that I don't want others discussing those ideas/people...or maybe my reply sounded like that, if so, it wasn't my intention.,,

What I am saying is that those ideas/people - as you say - get on my nerves. I do not trust them and think that they are snake oil salesmen. Doesn't mean you aren't aloud discussing them...doesn't mean that at all.

I hate spinach. I despise it. Doesn't mean you can't eat it, talk about it, research its properties and values.

Does it make more sense to you this time around?

If you dont like a topic then click on it.

Perhaps you mean:

If you don't like a topic then don't click on it?

Easy to misinterpret words, isn't it?

I normally avoid them. At other times, sometimes, I'll supply a link that exposes the hoax/scam...

No big deal.

True. Not to the point of censorship. Oftentimes, censorship is a precursor to dictatorship.

Never a good idea.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
As I said, I'm don't think much of him as a source, either. But who knows? Someday, he may actually get something right all the way through.

Yep... and if I close my eyes and wish really hard, I may open them to find Keira Knightly sitting on my lap!

lol

IRM

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

ETA: I fully agree with your take on Sorcha. But even a stopped clock gets it right twice a day. Or a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn. Truth is found in strange places.

Nail on the head. A meeting in the middle might work though. We have a "hoax" bin. Can we append a "Sorcha Fail" section that fully debunked Sorcha Faal articles might reside, with their debunking intact, in an easy to digest section for Sorcha Fail newbies?

I mean the OP himself states that the core ATS users understand how to research and source things, so Sorcha Faal articles will always be spotted. but it's the new users who don't have those skills or understanding that will continually fall for it, and unknowingly spread false information.

Just a thought.

But banning outright? Nah, it's not the same as banning a known individual or group of hoaxers.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I am never fan of banning , except for manners.

I think that is part of the freedom to let all sources and articles be involved in debates.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Banning and censorship are not the answer. A little peer pressure may be what's needed. I have yet to see a conspiracy forum that doesn't inform Sorcha Faal fans that their source is not credible in the slightest. At least it gets that information out in the open.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If a person cannot learn something from bad information (sorcha) then the actual source of information is irrelevant imo.

Truth comes in many disguises, let ALL stories roll and let each individual's wisdom (or lack of) find the nuggets of gold.

Banning any source is IGNORANT.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I like the way you think

It doesn't seem likely, does it? Sorch Faal is a source of comedy, and nothing else.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
After reading the original post and then scanning some of the responses it seems pretty self evident that an outright ban is not a rational reaction. I am not saying this to imply that I concur with any of the perceptions posted by Sorcha.

The internet is a tool and as such can be used for either a positive or negative effect. You can choose to use Sorcha's perceptions as a means of instruction. Learning is a process of trial and error, therefore pointing out the error's in any of Sorcha's perceptions can be used as a very effective tool to help others learn. Thus taking what could be perceived as a negative and turning it into a positive.

Perception is a tool to be used for growth, thus by limiting your perceptions you limit yourself. Think of it as observing from the micro through the macro.

Thanks to everyone for helping my perspective grow.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agwolf
After reading the original post and then scanning some of the responses it seems pretty self evident that an outright ban is not a rational reaction. I am not saying this to imply that I concur with any of the perceptions posted by Sorcha.

The internet is a tool and as such can be used for either a positive or negative effect. You can choose to use Sorcha's perceptions as a means of instruction. Learning is a process of trial and error, therefore pointing out the error's in any of Sorcha's perceptions can be used as a very effective tool to help others learn. Thus taking what could be perceived as a negative and turning it into a positive.

Perception is a tool to be used for growth, thus by limiting your perceptions you limit yourself. Think of it as observing from the micro through the macro.

Thanks to everyone for helping my perspective grow.

I don't think I could have said it any better... needless to say, I agree.

You start limiting yourself to knowledge, eventually you lost all means of enlightenment by means of exclusionary tactics...

God bless deductive reasoning and logic. I truly enjoy watching people grow as their means of coming to truth and understanding is always shifting paradigm to best serve our collective purposes in life. Although this can also have an adverse effect so to say, but usually developes into sound judgement. The world is has been awake, but only crawling, for we must learn to walk before we can run. It seems to me we are turning the corner on learning to walk... I only hope to be around to watch us sprint.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Oh well.

At least a few people get the idea now that if you post something from that goober SF, the source police will taser you with rabid conviction all the way into the HOAX forum. I guess that will just have to do. If nothing else, the thread can serve as fair warning.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I think the mods should check your IP and make sure you're not actually Sorcha Faal

You just popped up on my Sorcha joke thread to defend him.

I sense an agenda here...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join