It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cover up as to God's gender

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The truth is God as Creator is Spirit, therefore God is not a human being, If He were He would not be God.
God represents both male and female. To consider one without the other would be a fallacy which would
give credence to one sex being superior to the other here on earth.

Think about it, there are things we love about women and their are things we love about men. This is the image God made man in, meaning all of mankind. God represents the perfect balance between the 2.

Pax

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
No cover up at all:
God is both male and female,genesis 1:27
The Hindus description of god is Shiva-Shakti,
the union of the male and female principles.

>

New International Version (©1984) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. New Living Translation (©2007) So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. English Standard Version (©2001) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. New American Standard Bible (©1995) God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995) So God created humans in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female. King James 2000 Bible (©2003) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. American King James Version So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. American Standard Version And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Bible in Basic English And God made man in his image, in the image of God he made him: male and female he made them. Douay-Rheims Bible And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them. Darby Bible Translation And God created Man in his image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. English Revised Version And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Webster's Bible Translation So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. World English Bible God created man in his own image. In God's image he created him; male and female he created them. Young's Literal Translation And God prepareth the man in His image; in the image of God He prepared him, a male and a female He prepared them.

Matthew 19:4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'Mark 10:6 "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Obviously your crazy op, but you religious nuts seem to be here and there on ATS lately.

God or at least the very thing that word is trying to represent and describe can not be defined by such shallow primitive and silly definitions as male or female....In fact calling god IT would in all likelihood be a closer definition, but even that would be totally missing the mark.

But anyways whether it appears as a man, a woman, and anything else in providence, it cant deceive me....I know that is not it's true form. But you people are nuts trying to describe something that is not describable.

So to answer your question....Ya! Sure why not! God is a female. And well, at least according to that one book called the bible, God seems to have the crazy mood swings part down. One day loving and such, and the next wrathful vengeful and just plain unpleasant. PMSing.

But however other books and theories have other opinions on this concept called God. And in all probability they are all right. And in all probability they are all wrong.
edit on 19-11-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by undo

oh undo, I do love your posts and insights. You convibced me from before after my due diligence that He is "I AM I AM"

But you just took a huge leap with the cloning and created sterile part. Please elaborate on this

what i mean is we were copied in their images, not procreated in their images. to me, that sounds like another way to say clone. now if that means our spirits were cloned, fine and dandy. that's not the part i'm addressing anyway. i'm just looking strictly at the language and grammar there. the sterile part means, that if they were already in 3d flesh bodies, they weren't procreative. they don't become procreative till the Eve. did you read my stuff on Atum?

there was no pain in childbirth, prior to the procreative modification (because new adam were cloned), which to me suggests, that our first cloned bodies were melded with some mammalian DNA for procreation, for lack of a better way to describe it, but were still immortal. this would explain why we share so many bits of DNA in common with the rest of the critters on the planet.

the mortality doesn't come till the procreative mod suggests a future problem that the elohiym are concerned about and so you see the decree to alter our DNA again, this time with a kill switch.

edit on 19-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
for the people that keep suggesting that the elohiym were hermaphrodites because of Genesis 1:27, i would like to point out that all the words in that verse are plurals. elohiym is plural, adam is plural, images is plural, as a result, male female has to be pluralized as well, resulting in males females. so the verse would say,

elohiym created adam images, images elohiym created, males females created.
since the words are plural nouns, in english they would've normally been preceeded by the word "the"

so to make it more grammatically correct in english it shoud probably say

the elohiym created the adam images, the images elohiym created, males females created.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
For God to create both male and female he must know the pyscology of both genders pretty well since he is above both in thought.
People need to stick to the rules, they were created from the dust of the earth and God breathed life into Adam, where as Eve came from the rib or curve as some translaters call it, the DNA curve.
But God made Adam first which the Male, it has priority of the female if that is the case.
This makes the Father male figure of the Trinity the creator, the spirit does the making like a helping hand.
The female kind nature was then turned against her when the Devil who appeared as the serpent decieved her because maybe he knew the male was less likely to listen to him.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
For God to create both male and female he must know the pyscology of both genders pretty well since he is above both in thought.
People need to stick to the rules, they were created from the dust of the earth and God breathed life into Adam, where as Eve came from the rib or curve as some translaters call it, the DNA curve.
But God made Adam first which the Male, it has priority of the female if that is the case.
This makes the Father male figure of the Trinity the creator, the spirit does the making like a helping hand.
The female kind nature was then turned against her when the Devil who appeared as the serpent decieved her because maybe he knew the male was less likely to listen to him.

how do you know god created adam male first? what's your source document?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

how do you know god created adam male first? what's your source document?

Because the Bible says so what more do I need, Jesus was also Male and he said before Abraham I Am so his male side was always the dominant force, the female force seems to make birth to the world and universe but the Father is always the deciding force he is the Word that made it happen.

John 8:58
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

So was Jesus a girl before he became a man? Does not sound likely but does not mean the Father does not know both natures of man or woman he created.

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Seth had his son Enosh and at that time man began calling on the name of the Lord. The sons of God are those that were following the Lord & the daughters of men were those not. I don't think the book of Enoch is reliable. It contradicts scripture.

God has things about him that we'd attribute to man but remember man was made in the image & likeness of God. God is Spirit, the angels too. So they have no need of a biological gender as we are made of.

edit on 19-11-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

i just proved to you that the text you claimed "said so" did not say so. it says the first male and female were called adam. the translators put "man" there, when it originally said adam. even if adam was said to mean "man" generically, the impression it gave to use "man" there instead of "adam" was that the female created called adam also, was just "man" generically. there was no eve yet but there were already females created in the image of elohiym, called adam. it's a race of people, males and females, who were collectively called adam. adam is a plural word, so is elohiym.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The first man was called Adam because he was the first man. The first woman is woman because she was made from the rib of Adam. There were no other people before them and until they procreated. Adam lived over 900 years so there's plenty of time to make plenty of babies and spread out.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by undo

The first man was called Adam because he was the first man. The first woman is woman because she was made from the rib of Adam. There were no other people before them and until they procreated. Adam lived over 900 years so there's plenty of time to make plenty of babies and spread out.

no the first eve was called wife, because she was the first procreative woman. before that, the adamic race did not procreate. let me show you the verse so you don't have to keep saying eve was the first female. she wasn't. she was the first "wife". here's the strongs concordance listing of the words in the original verse, vs the words not in the original. words with numbers after them, were in the original text. words without numbers, were not in the original text and were added by translators to make the text say something in english, coherently, that they assumed the text was saying:

Gen 1:27 So God 430 created 1254 man 120 in his [own] image 6754, in the image 6754 of God 430 created 1254 he him; male 2145 and female 5347 created 1254 he them.

NOW REMOVE the words with no number following them and you get

God created man image, image God created, male female created.

The words "So" "in his own" "in the" "he him" "and" "he them" were not in the original language.

Next, let's look at the original language of the primary words in the passage

elohim created adam image, image elohim created, male female created.

that verse tells you as plain as the nose on your face that the adam image created was male female. does that mean hermaphrodites? nope. it means plural gods, created/copied/cloned plural humans, some of which were female some of which were male, and they were collectively called adam.

eve is later, and her differentiation from the rest of the adam is that she is the new procreative model, the "wife" model.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

amazing work girl, ty for the elaboration on the clone statement.
Where can I find your work on atum?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by undo

amazing work girl, ty for the elaboration on the clone statement.
Where can I find your work on atum?

well, part of the confusion on ancient texts is language related, particularly across language groups. i considered the author (or the main author) of the torah was moses and that although he had hebrew parents, originally, he was raised egyptian. also, his ancestory thru noah, would've carried similar history to egypt following the black sea flood devastation, from ancient mesopotamia. for example, descendants of noah settled ethiopia and egypt, and would've had the same historical accounts as the akkadians and sumerians.

THEREFORE, sumerian and akkadian history must also be in egyptian history but couched in different languages, different cultural metaphors and evolved over time in various ways. was then i realized that perhaps adam was atum, the egyptian god of creation, and that to someone like moses, it would mean the same thing, generically-speaking, in much the same way as we say "god" to define many different supernatural or mythological figures. when moses wrote this down, it had confused egyptian translators, and they ended up melding the god atum with his creation. (an indication of generational translation problems). furthermore, it was a plural word, and indicated that the atum were like the egyptian name for the divine council of the elohim (which has its basic equivalency in the anunnaki).

in other words, the adam race was named after the atum. who created them in their images. however, moses didn't want people to think he was indicating ancestor worship, so he differentiated the atum from the elohim, by only referring to the elohim when talking about the creators and the atum or the adam, when talking about the creation.

if you read the info on atum on wiki, the guy has so many titles you see in the biblical texts referring to both jehovah and yeshua, it's uncanny

AND BOY IS HIS SKIN RED!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your research is fascinating.

I answered the question in a non-Semitic context, as any question about God cannot be limited to Christianity.

Veda contains a fairly detailed account of creation. God creates men and women both (not one pair, but in thousands). The same with animals, plant etc. God creates the first asexual creation, and gives these created beings the desire to mate (sexual desire), so that they continue their species.

God creates the first creatures out of five 'bhoot' and five 'soochm bhoots'. You can understand it as the matter that you see (atoms) and subtle matter that makes up the 'power to think' ('mann') and 'power to discern' ('buddhi') etc. The soul interfaces with organs made from 'soochm bhoot', and these subtle organs interface with organs made of 'bhoot' (like hand, legs, eyes, etc.).

Veda does not assign any 'gender' to God. God is not a human or an animal. God does not have children. God is all-powerful and ever-lasting. God is indivisible and incorruptible.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

This should surprise most people :

al-Rahman, al-Rahim is the most important attribute of God.
Literally "rahman" means "womb".
Source:
karami-suaraku.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hebrew - English Meaning

Adam - A man
Seth - is appointed
Enosh - a natural man
Kenan - of sorrow
Mahalalel - The Blessed God
Jared - shall come down
Enoch - teaching
Methuselah - his death shall bring
Lamech - the grieving
Noah - rest

Even the names of main prophets tell the story of Christ so it seems it is a male thing all the way through.

edit on 20-11-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hebrew - English Meaning

Adam - A man
Seth - is appointed
Enosh - a natural man
Kenan - of sorrow
Mahalalel - The Blessed God
Jared - shall come down
Enoch - teaching
Methuselah - his death shall bring
Lamech - the grieving
Noah - rest

Even the names of main prophets tell the story of Christ so it seems it is a male thing all the way through.

edit on 20-11-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

'adam

1) man, mankind

a) man, human being

b) man, mankind (much more frequently intended sense in OT)

c) Adam, first man

d) city in Jordan valley

the translators had choices for each hebrew word, and chose according to their current understanding at the time, which word it must be. this is also why some words that could be either singular or plural, were often translated as singular, because to translate them as plural, would then revert back to translating elohim as plural, even though there are incidences through out the old testament where the word "elohim" (the one used to describe god in the opening passages of genesis), applied to dead people, angels, other gods, as well as a head of a divine council AND the council (which is what you are looking for. you are seeking for the head honcho of the divine council not just one guy all by himself. and furthermore you have to acknowledge the text where it very clearly shows plural gods are present, and that the male and female adam were created in their images).

you'll note later, when jehovah shows up, his name is LORD GOD, et.al, Jehovah Elohim. That way you're not confused on the subject, that it's not talking about any other members of the divine council other than Jehovah (although i think there's sufficient evidence to suggest jehovah is enlil, enki and anu, all smooshed into one god)

note how even the strongs concordance recognized that the most common meaning was MANKIND. that includes by default, the eve as well. unless you want to suggest eve was not human.

edit on 20-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Lilith was said to be Adam's first wife, but she refused to submit to him and allow herself to be dominant, so Adam asked for a more subserviant woman, a.k.a Eve. Lilith was to be banished, but she chose to leave anyway.
It is said she then became the bride of 'Samael', but I don't know if that is true.

I'm not a religious person, and haven't read a lot of biblical texts other then about Lucifer and why he was kicked out (which is very interesting, my favorite story) and bits about Lilith. I've of course read Genises, too and I kno the basic stories.

Anyways, God or the Creator or All That Is or The Universe is beyond physical and is BOTH sexes and NEITHER sex. God doesn't have a body, God is spirit and trying to humanize such a divine presence is... well, it takes the divinity out of it. Most religions and most sciences totally misunderstand what God/The Universe really is, but it is so BEYOND us, and yet it IS us. We ARE God, each of us, and we will never be seperate from God, but we are just a tiny portion of the greater being that is God.

& God is Love, so God will always love us, and we should always love the Universe in return.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You do all know, too, that Mary Magdalan wrote a lot of the original scriptures and her pieces of the story were cut out/edited due to male sexism? Also, she was not a whore, she was actually Jesus's lover and her part of the story would have been a GREAT contrubution. Shame people like burning important pieces of history. >.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join