It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actually, That's NOT In The Bible!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hxc408

Well said. We live in a time where everything is tolerable, except a firm belief that somethings are not tolerable. The easy answer is to find teachers that tickle our ears. Problem is, we both know where the easy/wide path leads. It's the narrow(minded) path that leads to life.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hxc408

so i can beat homeless people and because the world would hate me for it that means its ok?

Wow that must clear alot of things up for deathrow inmates... i mean obviously the world hates them a whole lot.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Its actually a GOOD THING when people actually QUESTION things about religion, or anything in general for that matter. So the OP gets a: thumbs up.

Of-course the religious nutters will always find FAULT when a person questions their fragile (and silly) beliefs. SIGH. They will never learn anything except for what their corrupt money-hungry, little-boy-loving devils spew to them from the pulpit.

BUT, in all honesty, you have to take into consideration that we are talking about a book that has talking snakes and donkeys in it,
Unicorns,
a cast of characters including a rib-made-woman,
a dirt-made-man,
a person living in a fish for a few days,
also a senior citizen who builds a ship and loads a pair of every animal aboard it,
and ON AND ON...

A million absurdities and contradictions. A book that isnt even worthy of using its pages for toilet paper!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi everyone.. I am new here, I myself is a believer.... I believe there are those people that are trying to manipulate people by changing the scriptures and to undermine them.... You know how people works if they are smart and intelligent enough combined with evil scheme.... That would be a big problems.... I can think like those bastard, first I will lure them and the crush them, and guess what and who to blame...... it's not going to be me, but they are going to attack the teaching.....

Sometimes I just think they are too smart and made them becoming too stupid to realize... that human are evolving, do they think they can defend themselves knowing if they try to mess people believe... people will be out of control.... They should be Thanking God there still exist people with compassion and true love and stop doing stupid things that will make thing worst than they already are... To be honest that's just plain stupid.... I know the smart people thing human are evolving and the fittest survives the race by right, if that happened those people will be really regret and ask God for help....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Wasn't Aramaic the language used at the time of Jesus?

In the area that Jesus would have lived, yes it was. Greek was common throughout the entire Roman Empire. That's why the New Testament is written in Greek.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
One thing I find fascinating that is not in the Bible is the Catholic "Stations of the Cross." Yeah, the four Gospels speak generally of Jesus's trip to the Cross, but the actual Stations, which adorn so many Catholic churches, are a conglomeration of events taken from various Pseudigraphic and Apocryphal Christian texts. Blasphemy!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Hi No regrets -

Alot of people (even some on ATS, to our Shock & Awe !!) do NOT know that the word ANTICHRIST (Gk. Ho Antichristos) DOES NOT appear in the text of the so-called Book of Revelation (aka The Apocalypse of Yohanon the Seer, whoever he was !) at all - not even once...

There are words referrring to 'Beasts' and 'sons of men' and 'Brides' and 'Whores' and 'slain Rams' and 'Virgin males untouched by the filth of females'' and 'Scarlet serpents' and 'false Prophets' and 'watchers' and 'angels' etc. but NO AntiChrists.

At least there is NO mention of the term ANTI-CHRISTOS in ANY of the (albeit relatively few !) surviving Greek texts from antiquity !!

So why do so many people CONSTANTLY use the term ANTI-CHRIST in relation to the Book of Revelation and assume that the word is actually in the text itself ?

Sure beats the heck out of me !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join