It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect discription of how I feel when I hear/read people complaining about OWS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
There is a FACTION within OWS that is very good, great.

They need to watch out for people acting like they care, that are really just their for free food, or other things. Possibly worse things.

They also have to make sure not just to complain, but propose what to actually change.

Some people just generalize and diss the whole OWS movement. Which i think is ignorant and foolish.

Hata's gun hate doh.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by daynight42

I've heard that the Tea Party was a very large mobilization that put a lot of pressure on elected officials, changed the results of many elections and moved national politics onto a different path.

I can understand what the Tea Party did (even though I'm not a member), how they attempted to change things, their plans and their success.

Does that meet your request for someone to go out and do something?

The tea party has made no real changes.. it was hijacked and side-lined. The country is still headed for collapse, and injustice and unaccountability are at an all time high.
edit on 11/17/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Lol so someone goes to a protest for free food and you say that's bad? Cant spare a plate of rice and beans for your fellow man? No? Then you definitely belong at the protests. Those that go to the protests for free food deserve to be at the protests as well and even more so. No matter if their drive is biological and not ideological, their miserable presence only underlines the sad state this trickle-down system has created.

Enough divisions. We must unite as one, worldwide, and not under the banner of corporatism, greed or lust for power and resources while trashing the environment. It is time for the masses to awaken, throw off the chains once and for all. This day and age is different than previous epochs and their methods. Now we have almost instant mass communication. Through the web we have finally achieved the closest thing to interactive world conciousness. The time is now for total unity and rejection of the visible and invisible slavery the 99% has been subjected to for generations.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Ok take the most irrelevant comment from my reply and post a paragraph worth of a reply to it.

That wasn't what i was saying at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I know you are generally on the right side of things. Some people consider your irrelevant bit as a solid talking point to reinforce the "OWS are just hippies, the lazy poor, winos and other undesirables" lie. We should not give an inch to the obvious propagandists here or anywhere else. Their disinfo is constantly shoved in our faces expecting us to be overwhelmed and buy into their narrative or at least partially agree little by little. Their psychological warfare tactics are nothing new and are, quite frankly, expected.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I've heard that the Tea Party was a very large mobilization that put a lot of pressure on elected officials, changed the results of many elections and moved national politics onto a different path. I can understand what the Tea Party did (even though I'm not a member), how they attempted to change things, their plans and their success. Does that meet your request for someone to go out and do something?

Meets my description.

If nothing else comes from it, the ows protests happening WORLD WIDE, show the people who feel something is wrong, but also don't want to be "that guy", that other people feel the same, and in their own way, are willing to change things.

OWS has been about spreading the word, showing people that you can still stand up for what you think is right. They have showed the world that when your president promises "Change" and doesn't deliver, you can still "stick it to him", and in a real "democracy or republic" you'd have already thrown him out of office.

In that goal, I believe they have had some success. Now the time is at hand for action. Now you have people aware, some people even willing to listen, now it's time for action. You want the corporate fraudsters in jail? You want the bankers who crashed the economy, and cashed in because of that crash, it's now or never. Occupy local government, occupy state government, occupy the stock exchange.

If people are not going to actually give you a chance, force it, demand it, close the whole deal down until you are honestly listened to.

Sure, it will be an inconvenience to some. tough. If they aren't willing to take their country back, they can wait an extra 15 minutes for their latte.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I don't understand what the OP means about the media "hating OWS." They've surprisingly been on the ball with reporting about it since day 1, actually, and many of them, like CNN, seemed to be putting a pretty optimistic spin on it.

But more to the point: We don't have to support someone else's opinion. Personally I oppose OWS because I think they're actually being annoyingly counterproductive and drawing attention to the wrong thing. It drives me crazy that they can't see that corporations aren't the problem -- the Government is. All these wealthy CEOs and unethical companies only exist because of our political process that allows them to buy practically unlimited power. Why take the fight to the enabled when you can take the fight to the enablers?

So I will continue refusing to support OWS because they are severely misguided and are leading others to be misguided. They are hurting their own cause. They see that there's a problem but they gave an entirely wrong diagnosis. It's like if someone is brought into the emergency room with a gunshot wound to the chest and a bystander keeps telling the doctors that they should really check his scraped knee.
edit on 17-11-2011 by RavagedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
One of my favorite quotes of all time fits perfectly in this situation.

"The ones that say it cant be done, should not stand in the way of the ones actually doing it."

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

The only thing their changing is the minds of many who supported them while they berated that support.

OWS will crumble on itself just like the financial sector for turning their backs on good people because their wealthy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join