It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by miconATSrender

Originally posted by Burgo1010
.. and we have free medicare

Who pays for your free medical care there?
Would it be taxpayers? Like here?
Most of us want to pay our own way.
I personally do, I would feel like a rat bastard if I stole from others to pay my way.
I never did understand the idea that is good to steal from someone and then act all generous by giving it to others.

I served my country in the R.A.N and paid my share in tax to .... cheers big ears ... not stealing unless its a junkie, we don't think like ya'll

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Too many bogans in this thread

fkn oath mate, take me back to the days of Fabergé jeans, flannelette shirts and db's haha ... oh don't forget the battle jacket either ... RIP Bon Scott haha
edit on 18/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Yep, why kill them with a slower bomb when you can do it at supersonic speeds!! I bet if they painted it red it would kill even more civilians from a great distance....

/sarcasm
edit on 18/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Then they'll say it came from China!
Don't hang your hairy bits our Obama, it's not attractive, reminds me of the pub on a Friday night.
One big c0ck fight to see who's is bigger better, bloody stupid, bit like they way this thread has gone.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Has China ever invaded a sovereign nation???? NO I do not believe so

China invaded Vietnam. They invaded Tibet. (And don't tell me Tibet was not a sovereign country. They had a sovereign and speak a foreign language. You have to be a crackpot to follow the Chinese propaganda line on Tibet.)

They must have invaded others. The Great Wall is well inside China. Surely it was on the border at one point.

Will they invade Australia? I doubt it. It's not their style.

But having a decent navy hasn't been their style for hundreds of years either.
edit on 17-11-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

I stand corrected .. my friend pointed this out today at the pub ...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by miconATSrender
Who pays for your free medical care there?
Would it be taxpayers? Like here?
Most of us want to pay our own way.
I personally do, I would feel like a rat bastard if I stole from others to pay my way.
I never did understand the idea that is good to steal from someone and then act all generous by giving it to others.

It's a much better system than letting people suffer and die because they can't afford to even visit an emergency department let alone a doctor. I find it sickening that people in this world are prepared to stand and watch people suffer because they are poor. It is, quite frankly, nothing short of horrifying.

Personally, I feel great satisfaction at the fact my tax money goes toward helping others. Like most Aussies, we try to look after each other, we don't consider our fellow countrymen to be stealing off us. If they need help, I am happy to give it - and when I need help I know it is always there.

Beats the hell out of leaving your countrymen to die because of lack of a few bits of comparatively worthless paper. THAT is what patriotism and love for your country is all about - not all that other nonsense.

EDIT: Burgo mate, just a heads up, you might want to tone down the language a bit - I am not meaning to be an ass I just don't want to see you get moderated by admin!

edit on 18/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Stand Proud ...

after all it's Friday arvo haha
f fighting

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

fkn oath mate, take me back to the days of Fabergé jeans, flannelette shirts and db's haha ... oh don't forget the battle jacket either ... RIP Bon Scott haha

You forgot rollers and big 8's and the girls who knew how to fix em! Ahhhh those were the days....I miss my vk 5ltr all the time, but seriously I was happy it's gone because it's half the reason were all in this mess, collectively.
I'm happy to change the way I live so we can fix our planet, but stuff me if we're not stopped at every turn and harassed into submission, before most of us can even care about our environment.
Our own local councils have done this for years, just to create jobs for themselves and
OUR local members voted against putting a ceiling on their pay increases....believe that one

edit on 18-11-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

OI!! I still wear flannies! They are just so dammed comfy......and resilient.......mmmm.....

We used to own an ol Daddo 180b. Those were the days.....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

You forgot rollers and big 8's and the girls who knew how to fix em! Ahhhh those were the days....I miss my vk 5ltr all the time, but seriously I was happy it's gone because it's half the reason were all in this mess, collectively.
I'm happy to change the way I live so we can fix our planet, but stuff me if we're not stopped at every turn and harassed into submission, before most of us can even care about our environment.
Our own local councils have done this for years, just to create jobs for themselves and
OUR local members voted against putting a ceiling on their pay increases....believe that one

i'm sure you know what I'm thinking haha rollers lol caterpillar tread made by comfort wear haha ... cheers mate for making me smile, i never voted last election, the mongrel wa government fined me $170 and suspended my drivers licence ... there you go thats freedom for ya .... you can't say the c word here lol

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

OI!! I still wear flannies! They are just so dammed comfy......and resilient.......mmmm.....

We crammed eight into a 120

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

lol my first car was a 120y decked out with fkn huge speakers in the back

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

just something to get em thinking ... haha

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Burgo1010

There was a girl back in my high school years ('96 Year 12) who used to drive a 120y that was fully painted (with house paint mind you) like a hippy van.
Not only that but she had a hole in her exhaust that she never got fixed - you could hear her coming from the next suburb hehe...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

i'm sure you know what I'm thinking haha rollers lol caterpillar tread made by comfort wear haha ... cheers mate for making me smile, i never voted last election, the mongrel wa government fined me $170 and suspended my drivers licence ... there you go thats freedom for ya .... you can't say the c word here lol

Your welcome and..
I would have fined you too!
c word's always bothered me...
Might be rough, ........ok sometimes I'm that rough but it has to be a very very good reason, I've got to be out of control to use it myself, bit like those poor American peoples government, out of control....

Has anyone checked what Russia thinks about all this too? I haven't heard...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

There was a girl back in my high school years ('96 Year 12) who used to drive a 120y that was fully painted (with house paint mind you) like a hippy van.
Not only that but she had a hole in her exhaust that she never got fixed - you could hear her coming from the next suburb hehe...

96?? spring chicken lol

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

you owned a dat dat? Now the memories come rolling in

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I always felt for Russia for some reason .. not sure what they think, they tend to keep to themselves, maybe usa could learn from that haha

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Has anyone checked what Russia thinks about all this too? I haven't heard...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

How rude!!

too funny!

Maybe that's what it is....?....
maybe we are too happy, maybe we have the ability to either inflame or diffuse and see from another angle, and have a laugh instead ( I love that about the best of us).
I always thought this was a trait all of us (humans) had, obviously I'm deluded or we wouldn't be where we are now.
I want everyone to be able to come here, I want to be able to go everywhere else if I want, and aside from other Australian posters who seem hell bent on shoving it in your face and gloating, which is just not classy either, we try to be welcoming and open and happy and fair
Fair

I'll tell you a funny story.....I'll try keep it short...I'm not very good at that sorry
One lovely night on our front verandah.....
Hubs had too much (of course I had too much too :duh

neighbour had too much (get's pissy all the time and shares his wealth of knowledge with the whole street)
mouthing off occurred
I could see it was going to happen and threatened hubs (reverse psychology/violence is never the answer),
IF he goes next door I'm coming and I'm bringing the lump o 4 be 2, that he conveniently left at the front door for me
(the local teens run amok here, WE don't put up with it, and it created a target on our house, anyhoo :@@

Hubs went anyway...another
god love 'im..

He found himself on the bottom of the pile of three of the neighbors....
Now I have NO problem with people having a scrap (if you bloody have to/AND teenagers
) but I have a real problem with unfair fights, it creates bullies.

Softball and cricket is what I played in high school, very well actually, so you can imagine what I did then....
I morphed into the crazy lady with the lump of wood(which came to my arm pit), and the fight finished, one swing.
It was probably the shock and not my batting average though.....

I picked the guy who stepped in to the fair fight.

to say hubs was shocked is an understatement

When we got back home he tried to have the sh!ts with me for stepping in, I gave it back with
If you had controlled yourself it wouldn't have happened!
it would not have
and if he's going to act like a neanderthal I'm coming too! so he better factor THAT into his violent equation...

What Aussie chick is going to sit there and watch her man get belted unfairly???
None I know

Hubs and I had a couple more in seething silence(front verandah), ran out of fags, and I said let's ask the neighbour, yep.

Guess what?!?!
They came over brought their esky, shared their smokes and we all had the best laugh.

I of course (as a good Australian should) supplied ice, panadol and the advice to see a doctor (to the intruder of their fair fight), if his vision went funny, or he had headaches.

X
A

edit on 18-11-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: THAT was no shorter than the rest, sorry

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Goodness! so what your saying is....no help there then?

Look! even the best of us have mistakes sometimes.....and that's okay

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join