It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
Here's an interesting thought: Imagine how many jobs could be gained in the US by eliminating competition in China. Wow. And we wouldn't even have to pay them back. Notice in the news how the Federal Reserve is now the largest US debt holder with China falling in second?

So we should declare war on 2 billion people to create jobs in the US? I don't know what your definition of "insane" is, but it seems different than the one I'm looking at.

Lol. Whoa. I'm being sarcastic here. It's just the kind of thinking you might expect from these neo-cons.

And if you're looking for sanity, you've come to the right place, because outside of ATS there is no sanity. Period. Amerika pushing its weight around is not the definition of sanity. We're on a highway to Hell.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by steveknows

Steve you don't know.
From you first reply, thinking you know it all when in reality you're deluded.
The Queen is the head of state of Austrailia wether you and I like it or not, that's the reality.

I don't know about your coordinates, I live in Costa Brava.

Everyone heard about Costa Brava, who the hell knows about your coordinates?

I think it's you who isn't that bright.

If you had any guts and real love for your country, you would try and have your head on your coin instead a wallet full of Queens heads, no?
edit on 17-11-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

You make no sense. And can anyone please ( without using google) tell me of they've heard of Costa Brava?

Also can you all tell me if you've heard of the Gold coast Australia.

I'm not going to carry on with your little game all I'm going to do is have a giggle about it.
Can't be derailing the thread like this, I feel guilty.
You're a bad influence.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Man I would love to see your country. My mom passed away last March, Australia is the only place she ever wanted to see. She thought it was the most beautiful place on earth, I promised her before she passed, that I would go one day. Now, I doubt I will ever keep that promise. Don't let USA delute your country, don't let us drag you down, don't let us paint a big ole bullseye on you for China.

All countries have their faults . You all have some cash, I get to own guns all the guns I want. We have a saying here. "Sleep with the dogs, don't be surprised when you wake up with fleas" Your Government just assured a strong flea population in your country..
edit on 17-11-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
You all have some cash, I get to own guns all the guns I want.

Except, of course, Aussies don't view gun ownership in the same way Americans covet it, something many Americans just don't understand. That's used against us by Americans but we Aussies really don't give two hoots - our lives aren't dictated by whether we can blow our neighbours' head off or not (we try to get along with our neighbours
).
edit on 17/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL
"The United States will deploy up to 2,500 Marines to Australia as the nations expand their 60-year-old military alliance, President Barack Obama said Wednesday in a move that rankled China. Stressing the rising economic influence of the Asia-Pacific, Obama told reporters in Canberra he was stepping up Washington's commitment to the region, undaunted by China, which he said America did not fear."

I wonder how a war would be with a real country, not civilians with miss-matched shoes and no cohesion like Iraq or Afghanistan, but a country with the same/similar technology that is nuclear, has an airforce, a space program (God knows what weps. are up there)... I think we would have mass casualties on our side. Probably why we have never fought a superpower.. I just wish it would all end sometimes.. Like the end of that movie Terminator 3.. Set the fireworks off on each other and be done so we can start over. Forgive me for not being too optimistic. We deserve all that anyhow.

U

edit on 17-11-2011 by USarmyFL because: Punctuation

History shows that whenever the U.S comes up against and enemy with equal development as the U.S the U.S hurts big time.

The U.S would not have won WW1 or 2 on it's own and in fact came in when the Germans were punch drunk and bleeding from the ears eyes and nose( Both times.) Then claimed the Victory as American. Japan was a tiny country with one years supply of oil and the U.S didn't fight Japan on it's own. The U.S vested heavily in Vietnam but being supported by the NVA regulars and support from China they The U.S lost. we did as well but got out before the crunch and we don't have a history of claimng to have saved the world..

Really in the past 40 years they've been fighting ak 47 carrying arabs and going hoorah looka t our power. I think if it comes to the crunch with china that will be one war story Holywood won't make a movie about.
edit on 17-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Steve you don't know.
From you first reply, thinking you know it all when in reality you're deluded.
The Queen is the head of state of Austrailia wether you and I like it or not, that's the reality.

I don't know about your coordinates, I live in Costa Brava.

Everyone heard about Costa Brava, who the hell knows about your coordinates?

I think it's you who isn't that bright.

If you had any guts and real love for your country, you would try and have your head on your coin instead a wallet full of Queens heads, no?

You make no sense. And can anyone please ( without using google) tell me of they've heard of Costa Brava?

Also can you all tell me if you've heard of the Gold coast Australia.

I'm not going to carry on with your little game all I'm going to do is have a giggle about it.
Can't be derailing the thread like this, I feel guilty.
You're a bad influence.

It's your liitle game energy vampire and you just keep trying to turn it around. Be gone with you poor person.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that America are dragging you into their affairs, as an Englishman i've seen this happening to us for many, many years.

Not that I have any problem with Americans, but it's the American government and administration that are causing a huge mess.

The English will always love you Australians though.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I would back that if adopted here in the states. Problem here is apathy at the ballot box, I really like that , all vote so no bitching at the end.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

To be honest, you are correct (as much as some people will not want to hear it). Fighting in the M.E. and fighting China are two whole different kettle of fish.

Personally I think it's complete insanity to think the US can fight China and win - at best it would be a stalemate and at worst the US would be crushed by the weight of 2 billion people. No matter how much air superiority, how many guns or how many bombs the US has, the Chinese will just keep coming like a zombie apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

How about nobody #ing cares?

If the two of you (and everyone else participating) have finished comparing the size of your penises with each other, perhaps we could get back to the topic of this thread?

What do you mean we? you just got here.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Mate I was trying to bring some sanity back to the topic so I could add my own thoughts - something which was a little impossible to do when being drowned in posts of "My dick is bigger than yours".

If you can't see that mate then I really don't know what to say.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

To be honest, you are correct (as much as some people will not want to hear it). Fighting in the M.E. and fighting China are two whole different kettle of fish.

Personally I think it's complete insanity to think the US can fight China and win - at best it would be a stalemate and at worst the US would be crushed by the weight of 2 billion people. No matter how much air superiority, how many guns or how many bombs the US has, the Chinese will just keep coming like a zombie apocalypse.

China and the U.S killing each other isn't the worst thing. The worst thing is everyone else being pulled into it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yea, we do love our 2nd Amendment Rights. And we also try to get along with our neighbors, at least I do. But when that 2nd Amendment Right to own & bear arms saves your life, it tends to mean a little more to you on a personal basis. As it does with me.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It's your liitle game energy vampire and you just keep trying to turn it around. Be gone with you poor person.

Booo

You just have to get the last word.
The only thing that's poor is your manners and decorum.
You're turning this into a youtube debate. 10 points.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by USarmyFL

Jesus mate! Please don't wish for that, don't even think that! I would not wish that on the bloke who killed my kid and lived in another country! It's still not okay. Anywhere!
This could be in all our futures!
or
This could be fixed in our future?

I'm a frikkin hypocrite!, I say to people, forget about war, don't talk about it, don't glorify it as the way things go. It absolutely doesn't have to be that way. I have cried for those who have died for this country the same way I cry for those people who did NOTHING on the gutsy snuck out film/doco of the middle east (one example) and it starts to not matter any more who's right and who's bloody wrong!
The body count is wrong.
The body count is always wrong!
Yet here I am, saying, let's just be friends and keep human health the priority, sounds like idealistic rubbish....but that's my hope. AND you can't take it from me

And I'm so sorry for your lost hope, let me share some of mine before I ditch this thread for the night

Life is more difficult for a reason
because when pleasure strikes you feel it

Please don't give up

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Yea, we do love our 2nd Amendment Rights. And we also try to get along with our neighbors, at least I do. But when that 2nd Amendment Right to own & bear arms saves your life, it tends to mean a little more to you on a personal basis. As it does with me.

Nobody having any guns at all is just as 'safe' as everybody having guns mate - by that rationale.

If my neighbour turns up looking for a fight, we settle things the old-fashioned way, most likely following that up with a few beers with each other, a good laugh and a war story to tell our mates down at the pub.

If somebody comes at me with a knife, I grab a bigger knife. If somebody comes at me with a gun, apart from running away very fast I would be thinking "How on Earth did an American get into our country with a gun?"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You all have some cash, I get to own guns all the guns I want.

Except, of course, Aussies don't view gun ownership in the same way Americans covet it, something many Americans just don't understand. That's used against us by Americans but we Aussies really don't give two hoots - our lives aren't dictated by whether we can blow our neighbours' head off or not (we try to get along with our neighbours
).

You're right. Guns aren't a big deal. It's actually a wimps weapon. You don't need to overcome your fear of getting hurt to use a gun in civi street..

Soldiers on the other hand need them as the other soldiers have them and all is equal so the fear factor is there. but in the usual civi street situation those who carry gus are not brave or tough. Just wimps.

link   
reply to post by Kryties

Correct you are. A war of attrition that the USA would lose. We have 330 million, China has 1 billion 330 million, they win by a billion. That's why we drag you all and anybody else we can into the mix, and whether or not you believe it or not. Those 2,500 Marines are a target now for China or any of Americas enemies, and now a days their numerous.

link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

What part of Military Alliance and Allies, and War don't you understand? Australia is already at war with China. As China is doing an economic war with the USA by keeping the Yuan deflated. They are weakening our Allies.

You dont think our lives are already on the line and firing block? You sir are so short sighted.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I didn't say they were drunks. I said they were like drunken Scots all of the time.

Scots are like drunken Scots only when they are drunk. Australians are like drunken Scots all the time.

You must be different. Most Australians I know would take that as a compliment.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join