It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mouthwash Targeting Harmful Bacteria May Render Tooth Decay a Thing of the Past

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well taking into consideration that digestion starts with saliva enzymes, I rather leave my bad bacteria and my good bacteria alone, rather than rely on profit making manufactures, boosting immune system will do the same work and naturally.

Something most people have not clue what it means, this days.

In other words let a healthy body do the work it was mean to do, protect itself.

edit on 16-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Or we could keep our mouths clean with brushing (you don't even need toothpaste if you're gentle), flossing, and picking (again, gently). Then again, trading one's laziness for reduced wealth is fairly common.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Tin foil much? I don't think so....

No sense of humor much? It was a joke.
Cavities = $$ though.

Again, I am not so sure. Having a cavity filled does not cost very much at all. It is actually quite cheap in comparison to most health issues in the US. I would think you would get a much larger profit margin by having people continually purchase a product that would prevent cavities.

Take toothpaste as an example. Toothpaste prevents tooth decay and cavities also. That is how toothpaste is marketed. Now think back over your entire lifetime and tell me....

Have you spent more money on having cavities filled or have you spent more money on toothpaste?

For me this would be the same principle.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They already have something out. Its called essential oils of almond, peppermint and spearmint. These kill FAR more bacteria in the mouth than any toothpaste or mouthwash and are all natural. Even reverses gum disease. Buy your own if you like at oramd.com or just make your own with the ingredients listed previously. Toothpaste is old school.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thus stuff is so damned easy to conquer. Bacteria feeds on the sugars we consume. Cut out fruit juice, soda, and hfcs. Drink tea, as it inhibits the bacteria. Use natural topthpaste, and natural mouthwash.

There's a ton of natural products that destroy these bacteria on the spot. I brush once a day, don't floss, and have never had a cavity at age 29.

This is the stuff I use:
Periowash

If you're on a tight budget, you can make your own. Go to the herbal store and pick up a few tinctures of essential oils extract. I suggest oregano, thyme, and peppermint oil along with a basic antiparisite extract. It should have black walnut, wormwood, and cloves for the ingredients.

Use one dropper full of three or four of your choice in a quart sized container. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon in and fill the rest with water. Shake, and it's ready to go!

edit on 16-11-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Until you have laid down and had 18 teeth pulled at once, there is little understanding how important teeth are for you. Not everyone with bad teeth had bad hygeine. Some of us had bad genetics, along with bad medicine that prevented my tooth enamel from forming.

This would have been nice....but still not enough to have saved me.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Maybe they can put this stuff in the water too?

Or make some kind of mutant corn that produces it?

I'm betting on the mutant corn... or maybe a cavity vaccine.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Maybe they can put this stuff in the water too?

Or make some kind of mutant corn that produces it?

I'm betting on the mutant corn... or maybe a cavity vaccine.

Please! Don't give them any more ideas....... I suddenly have visions of media campaigns telling us to "be vigilant for tooth decay" and "If you haven't got the vaccine you could be killing your loved ones' teeth'."

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Theres a condition called "black line stain" that almost completely prevents your teeth from forming cavities. Although where decay would have taken place... black iron deposits are left.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I remember 20 years ago.
some one make a way to coat the theeth.
so you would not get tooth decay for a year.
I see we are all useing it still!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
For anyone who may have missed it (and apparently some of us did)...

The overuse of broad-spectrum antibiotics can seriously disrupt the body's normal ecological balance, rendering humans more susceptible to bacterial, yeast and parasitic infections.

Shi's Sm STAMP C16G2 investigational drug, tested in the clinical study, acts as a sort of "smart bomb," eliminating only the harmful bacteria and remaining effective for an extended period.

It's an interesting article.

I recommend reading it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thank you, OP. This thread led me to a bit of research that led me to a discovery that was a confirmation of a suspicion (try saying that 3 times fast!).

I've commented on a few threads, and may have to put together some of my research and make a thread for it, but just over a year ago I started a process that completely changed my approach to food.

Since the dawn of man, and up until about 100 years or so ago, the human race has eaten a largely fermented, unpasteurised, locally sourced and hand prepared diet. That is, in fact, the diet our bodies developed/evolved to/were designed to process (delete as applicable). It is our natural diet, the proper fuel for our engine. Our modern diet, pasteurised, industrially processed, packaged, transported, is diesel in a petrol engine.

The poster who commented on certain fish oils working to heal teeth was right.

Forgotten tooth decay cure : heal your cavities and prevent root canals

A few years ago I'd started worrying about the decline in how my teeth felt. More recently though, my teeth have started to feel better, stronger, smoother. Whilst there's a few things I've missed, my new fermented diet, and my regularly taking fish oils, I've been equipping my body to begin healing my teeth. The fermentation process neutralises phytic acid, the thing that causes or encourages tooth decay.

So that's great, I already brew my own probiotic mead using lacto fermentation. It's nothing but honey and spring water, and a dash of kefir whey, and it brews a beautifully clean alcoholic mead that cleans up it's own mess and lets you wake up fresh as a daisy, with no trace of a hangover. I've got several types of mint growing in the garden, with the addition of a few other essential oils I can brew a probiotic mouthwash, which I could even distill down to remove the water, but leave the oils, and use those to make a fluroide free, natural toothpaste. The kefir culture starter even contains anti-fungal properties that would prevent any number of fungal problems.

So there we go, if we still had the diet we had prior to 100 years ago, we could have healthy teeth that reparied themselves like most other parts of our bodies. That's how it is in tribes around the world who still have fermented diets. They have virtually no tooth decay, and some tribes even file their teeth down to points without them decaying away afterwards. Makes you wonder if perhaps what we're told about the horrible state of teeth in the population in the past was maybe another lie?

edit on 16-11-2011 by TheIrvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Star for you, I didn't think about the toothpaste angle.
But even if we could get rid of cavities with this mouthwash, you still don't
want dirty, yellow teeth so I can't see paste going away any time soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So called "primitive savages" tend to all have perfect teeth, without dentists. It's all about the diet. The modern garbage diet is the cause of all tooth decay. Drilling teeth and/or yanking them out is not the solution, nor is coating your teeth with sealant or gargling and brushing your teeth with flouride and other toxic chemicals.

www.westonaprice.org...

You ARE what you eat.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
As a person who has an aversion to dentists, I can only say this would be welcome in my house as soon as it hits the shelves...

To quote Seinfeld: What's the difference between a dentist and a sadist? The dentist has newer magazines...

Strictly a joke...I do not believe all dentists are sadists.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Interesting find. Now does it only target that one bacteria? Because there is a lot of bacteria in the mouth that helps start digestion and keeps the mouth balanced. If this is more of an antibiotic, I can see how that is a problem.

Agreed. I assume it would do as much damage as antibiotics to to your digestive tract.

Why can't people just take care of their teeth?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

If you're waiting for it to be in the shops, you'll have a long wait. You can however make it yourself and take control of your own health and the health of your friends and family, but that'll involve getting off your comfy armchair for half an hour, so for most, that's just too much like hard work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join