It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Benton: CBS treatment of Ron Paul DISGRACEFUL.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
CBS after the affiliates split and those cut off could watch the online stream, gave Ron Paul a bit more time.

In 2nd hour he mentioned Awlaki's 16 year old son killed by US assassination drone.

Cut to 49 minute mark to watch the remaining debate after split.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The election, in 2012,

OMG
Does this go on for another year?

Did I never notice this before.?

Am I in another world? (another country, yes!)

Will Ron Paul be assassiinated? OR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is Ron Paul there for a double whammy?
Only the puppets have won so far!..............................and then there was JFK. Oh I fear!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What still awesome though is that there were a bunch of supporters who couldn't wait to see Ron Paul before and after the debate:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I read this from an anonymous blogger:

"If CBS were to conduct a one hour debate between Satan and Jesus, Satan would get 57 minutes and 31 seconds."

Truer words have not been spoken.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It has gotten embarrasing how blatant they are ignoring Dr. Paul.

My problem isn't the lack of time they're giving him...it's the questions they ask him. They give him the most useless obvious questions to keep him from talking about things that could promote his platform.

How often do they give Dr. Paul (a medical doctor) questions about our broken health care syste?

How often do they ask Dr. Paul (someone who's been warning about Fed bubbles since the mid 90's) questions about our economy?

He's one of the truly qualified experts on the stage on some of our most pressing problems...and he's given stupid softball questions.

Way to go GOP...you're dooming us to 4 more years of Obama.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It enrages me that the government continues to lie and treat its citizens like they are dumb sheep. Frankly, at this point, everyone know the government is corrupt...you just cant deny that given all the evidence. Repression of marijuana laws, repression of freedom of speech, immense amount of wars constantly being fought overseas. this isnt the american way of life im sorry to say...this is a corrupt way of life. BUT WE CAN CHANGE THAT. Someone posted a petition on the white house website, and the demand is to STOP LYING about literally everything. Please Please Please go onto the website and sign this petition because the government HAS to respond given the correct amount of signatures.

wwws.whitehouse.gov...!/petition/stop-lying/rXD9PcVs

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wamboy123

Here's the unbroken link to the "Stop Lying" petition. You have to register 1st, so be prepared for a knock at your door.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The debate was a two part debate. The first part was televised where Paul had all of 90 seconds of talk time, then an hour of web feed only so that CBS could air some nonsensical show. During the second half that was internet only, CBS's feed slowed to what seemed like a dial up connection quality feed, and was "coincidentally" remedied AFTER Paul was asked another question. The feed did not glitch the entire remainder of the feed. None of us are surprised.

To me the worst part is that if you ask almost any voter they either hate all the candidates or they are voting for Ron Paul. People are actually willing to vote for the person they hate the least instead of voting for Ron Paul. It's been blowing my mind. I posted a video on Facebook yesterday of the history of the US-Iran conflict which shows how Iran has every right to hate the US. And people like Bill O Reilly use the reasoning that since Iran hates us we have every right to disarm them. How about we stop trying to force America down their throats and apologize for f-ing up their government and helping Sadam Hussein gain power?

CBS is not interested in being fair to Ron Paul. No national media source is. On the off chance that Paul makes it to being elected, what's going to happen? Will the media try to deface the president of the US for the next 4 years? Will they claim that the polls were rigged like they are claiming the online polls are where Paul constantly wins?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by eLPresidente

They feel as long as they limit his time in talking less people will take notice of his issues. He's been ignored in the polls and the media. To think the media isn't being controlled is really ignoring the 500 lb. gorilla in the room.

the 500 lb silverback.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

Originally posted by WeRpeons

They feel as long as they limit his time in talking less people will take notice of his issues. He's been ignored in the polls and the media. To think the media isn't being controlled is really ignoring the 500 lb. gorilla in the room.

the 500 lb silverback.

^^^^^ no really...Ron Paul would LITERALLY bring us a 500 silver backed dollar.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

I'm in AZ too, I switched because I don't trust them not to pull some last minute dirty tricks. I just wanted to be totally sure I could vote for him in the primaries...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Even if Paul wins the republican candidacy, what makes you guys think the electoral colleges are going to elect him as the next president?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ptw0

Even if Paul wins the republican candidacy, what makes you guys think the electoral colleges are going to elect him as the next president?

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on the matter, but would you mind explaining the electoral college to me?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
We touched on electoral college a little earlier in this thread, I'm about to study up to see if there is anyway for me to become a delegate here in CA but the jist of it is that state delegate elect the presidential electors. You must be voted by your local delegate peers to be the state delegate. As state delegate you also get to represent your state at the GOP or Democratic national conventions where the party nominees are chosen.

There is all this hoopla about winner take all, bound and unbound, pledged and unpledged. Every state has their own system which makes this entire process confusing as hell.

Its like this system was made so that people don't have the time to understand it and don't care.

Btw the electoral college's final decision overpowers the national popular vote, the prime example is the closest election in US history, year 2000 Bush vs Gore.

If anybody has more knowledge on the electoral college, I'd love to hear about it.
edit on 15-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've tried reading up on CA's delegate process, I got a headache afterwards.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They have some kind of personality disorder and working for the government, complete without of all empathy. But most are just plain crazy or trying to make money...
Of course, this is what you would excpect from "the darker side of youtube" or ATS, similar conspiracy forums.

But Ron paul should be banned, he is working for the intrests of jews.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This whole Ron Paul discusision is typical of the Conservative arm of any right wing party. If the person you back doesn't win you cry foul and defame the person who does win in this case the elected president for many reasons including his handling of the economy, which i can understand nobody like stagnation, but also and not soley because he has brought in some form of social health care.

The solution which the right always go back to is attack the Liberals, suggest capping the budget and stating if it's not in the constitution it cant be law. Lets run through some of the high level things MR Paul believes, these are in no order:

1. Withdrawal from foreign conflict - Perfectly reasonable and aligns with the American ideal of not being an Empire, although you could make a case that a point of no return has been passed and American now does have imperial commitments, but thats for another topic.

2. Withdrawal from NATO & UN - Odd as both organization where mandated by the USA and have no impact on sovereign rule.

3. Removal of the Patriot act - very sensible anything which condones torture or illegal imprisonment should be banned and the initiators prosecuted

4. Balance & Cap the budget - Very small minded and would remove essential services from vulnerable members of society, such as health care and state aid reducing spending power and increasing inflation.

5. Removal of government bureaucracies - seems sensible on the surface but in areas of social deprevation how do you kick start the economy with the removal of government jobs? this leads to a greater burden on state aid reduces economic growth, which in turn drives up inflation reducing the ability of the USA to trade internationally.

5. Keep inflation low - well see the above 2 points

7. Constitutional Right - ?Sensible but in moderation the flaw with a written constitution is that it can be taken to literally and does a 1700 document really fit the requirements of the 21st century

8. Abortion, Civil Rights Act (in terms of government intervention in the job market) & Church vs. State - very personal issues so I will not address them here

In total the responses by the right and Mr Paul in particular are short sighted and would do more longer term damage to America, and the rest of the world, than good.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ron Paul needs to use the internet and start ripping off slogans from Ceasar Chavez like Obama did...Then he might gain some youthful support. Remember Ron Paul is a republican. His agenda is pretty pathetic. To think a pro capitalist Republican is going to radically discuss new points of view is absurd.

We should all be so lucky to get a complete idiot moron in office. I'd rather have a chowder head like Cain or Romney because that would help the current political demonstrators truly unify.

I remember when Bush was in office there were 100,000 in the streets protesting the war...Now that we've got the mythic Obama we have a delusion and happy masses. Lets bring back the idiots so we get the uprising starting. Better late than never.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
Remember Ron Paul is a republican. His agenda is pretty pathetic. To think a pro capitalist Republican is going to radically discuss new points of view is absurd.

You're obviously completely unfamiliar with his agenda. He is for true capitalism, not the crony capitalism we have now. Two completely different animals. He's the ONLY candidate that's offering something new.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would like to spend 30 minutes on camera with Ron Paul to show exactly what an incoherent incomprehensible mess his foriegn/defense policy really is.

I swear he is a closet anti-semite as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join