It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I joined just to share this news: My BIG introduction with the MOTHER of all Conspiracy Theories!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
reply to post by treasurefish

I started inadvertently laughing at the (anti-christ, maybe Obama) bits in your post.

What have you been sniffing on?

I couldn't agree more. This is a theory ( at best ), based on dubious sources of information. Not to mention that all of this is based on a religious myth, which I personally find dubious. So, another christian has joined ATS to further propogate their religious / political agenda / beliefs. I've been on ATS long enough to remember when we had quality over quantity. I don't see anything approaching proof here, just a fringe theory without evidence.
According to the title of the thread, there's a "conspiracy" here. ???

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seede
If it is as this Jeremiah says it will be then I do not understand just how the Ark of the covenant could be relevant
in this day. That leaves me in confusion as to why people continue to look for the Ark. Can anyone out there explain this a little more?

It isn't relevant today, except as an archeological relic.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I would really appreciate it if someone would kindly, in less than 20 words, explain to me what the Ark of the Covenant is please. I never followed religion and never will.

But I am curious as to what this hoopla is about though.

(and don't feel like "Googling it" because I really want a super condensed explanation because my attention span for any religion is about 10 words. Thanks!)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
From your article.......

"Judging from what I have seen and heard I tend to believe that there is something quite interesting in the area which deserves to be noticed and be searched further. Though I think that the claims about the tomb of Alexander the Great and the Arch of the Covenant are groundless due to the lack of evidence."

Originally posted by treasurefish"After you read the rest of this article, remember to come back to the following two links, which ties Xerxes, the anti-Christ (sounds like Obama), and the Ark together: "

Originally posted by treasurefish"Anyway, what are the religious implications of this discovery? To some, it means that a temple will be built to house it, and then the anti-Christ (Obama probably) will come to desecrate it: "

I don't think Obama has enough days left in office to become the Antichrist (not that I believe there is such a thing).

The reason why they aren't continuing the project is because it is the general consensus that there is nothing there important enough to expend the resources necessary to dig it up just to find what they (world renowned archaeologists/financiers) believe would be something not worth the resources expended.

-Alien
edit on 11/11/2011 by Alien Abduct because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xwoodwardx

That's one of the OP's links and if you read it all the way through, you'll find this:

www.metafysiko.org...
Nikolaos Koumartzis

Judging from what I have seen and heard I tend to believe that there is something quite interesting in the area which deserves to be noticed and be searched further. Though I think that the claims about the tomb of Alexander the Great and the Arch of the Covenant are groundless due to the lack of evidence.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hello all- long time lurker/reader- first time poster... I was compelled to respond to this posting because this seems very familiar- particularly as it seems to follow the first steps of "Project Blue Beam"

From Serge Monast:
Engineered Earthquakes & Hoaxed 'Discoveries'
The first step in the NASA Blue Beam Project concerns the breakdown [re-evaluation] of all archaeological knowledge. It deals with the set-up, with artificially created earthquakes at certain precise locations on the planet, of supposedly new discoveries which will finally explain to all people the "error" of all fundamental religious doctrines. The falsification of this information will be used to make all nations believe that their religious doctrines have been misunderstood for centuries and misinterpreted. Psychological preparations for that first step have already been implemented with the film, '2001: A Space Odyssey;' the StarTrek series, and 'Independence Day;' all of which deal with invasions from space and the coming together of all nations to repel the invaders. The last films, 'Jurrassic Park,' deals with the theories of evolution, and claim God's words are lies. i.am...

Hoaxed "Discoveries'
What is important to understand in the first step is that those earthquakes will hit at different parts of the world where scientific and archaeological teachings have indicated that arcane mysteries have been buried. By those types of earthquakes, it will be possible for scientists to rediscover those arcane mysteries which will be used to discredit all fundamental religious doctrines. This is the first preparation for the plan for humanity because what they want to do is destroy the beliefs of all Christians and Muslims on the planet. To do that, they need some false 'proof' from the far past that will prove to all nations that their religions have all been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

I can post the link to this, but you can essentially search yahoo for project blue beam and find this from the first suggested link... although im sure, based on where I am posting this- that most of you are already familiar...

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
I used to think the Ark was was in Ethiopia or Israel, but I was dead wrong.

No, the Ark cannot be in Greece. The Ark HAS TO BE IN THE VATICAN!
Why?
They've been plundering and conquering countries and continents for over 1600 years. Surely they must have the Ark by now!

BTW I believe the Ark to be some kind of radioactive source a.k.a portable nuclear bomb - if it ever existed that is.

edit on 11-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

BAAHHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait to email that picture to my husband.....seriously, it totally made me LOL. We can't stand that guy for that exact reason.....plus the fact that he has the most bonkers-bonanza-obscene hair I've ever seen.
I like the pic so much I would almost consider making it my new avatar. But, I'm really not that into aliens (even though I love watching Ancient Aliens and yell at & argue with the t.v. when they say something stupid), plus I just don't think it's quite as stupid as my giraffe/cow/goat picture.

Having shared all of that usless off-topic information, I guess I need to say something on topic so I don't get axed off of the thread:

There are many interesting theories on the location of the Ark of the Covenant, most of which seem plausible in their own right. However, we simply won't know where it's been kept until it's been acknowledged to be found.....in more than one obscure news article that doesn't seem corroborated by any other news media at this time.

Plus, who's to say that the Ark would even have the same power today as that which is spoken of in the Bible?
The essence of the Ark's power was the Shekinah (or "Glory") of God, and last time I checked He ain't no genie in a bottle, ya dig?
The reason the Israelites were undefeated in battle with the Ark was because God was with them.
By that rationale, it seems obvious to me that the Ark itself can be likened to an electric appliance that needs to be plugged in to work.
If there is no power source, then the appliance is useless.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I would really appreciate it if someone would kindly, in less than 20 words, explain to me what the Ark of the Covenant is please. I never followed religion and never will.

(and don't feel like "Googling it" because I really want a super condensed explanation because my attention span for any religion is about 10 words. Thanks!)

The ark of the covenant is a chest containing the original tablets of stone on which the ten commandments were inscribed.

-Alien

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

Originally posted by Human_Alien

The ark of the covenant is a chest containing the original tablets of stone on which the ten commandments were inscribed.

-Alien

Don't forget to mention, it has immeasurable powers to destroy an entire army with bolts of electricity. At least that's what happened in Raiders.

edit on 11-11-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS.... and now for lesson no. 1

Always check your sources. Don't just believe something that source A tells you source B said, check out source B yourself. Some members here on ATS will not hold back if they end up disappointed when a story turns out to be a hoax or unfounded!

If you go to the webpage grekomania.ru and run it through google translate there is no mention of anyone finding a tomb or the ark of the covenant in their 'top stories'. You think they would at least mention this huge discovery, so I suppose we can say source A is not correct for whatever (lying, lazy fact checking etc).

Also if a source like grekomania did have such a story how likely is it to be reliable coming from an organisation that promotes greek tourism?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SophiaSmith1111

As many have posted, I too am very skeptical as to whether or not the Ark has been discovered, but I also like connecting the dots and have found some interesting things that I would like to hear your opinions about. Let's say that the Ark of the Covenant was really discovered in Greece along with Alexander the Great's tomb. Now I haven't studied bible prophecy in depth for quite a while, so correct me if I am wrong, but I think that Alexander the Great is connected to the empires in Daniel's prophecies as one of the great empires immediately before the Roman empire.

Greece is having a significant effect right now on the world economy. Then recently Italy's economy became the focus. So this connects the Greek empire and the Roman Empire. Much of the future of the world's economic status is hinging on these two.

Then there is a connection between the crystal skulls and the Ark of the Covenant in which there is a legend that
claims that the crystal skulls were originally contained in the Ark. The event of the crystal skulls will happen today in Los Angeles at 11:11 on 11/11/11. The latitude of Greece is very close to the latitude of Los Angeles, which of course is the City of the Angels.

web.me.com...
crystalskullsevent.com...

Then there is the connection with this occurring on Armistice Day when World War I came to an end at 11:11 on 11/11/1918. Which will be one hundred years on 11/11/2018, which is exactly 7 years from now.

Be nice to me, I don't post very often and I am probably just making some random irrational connections. I really am looking for some feedback from people who know more about the bible prophecies than I do and those who might know about the connection between the crystal skulls and the Ark of the Covenant.

I can give you a connection between the ark of covenant and the crystal skulls, the ark within and upon the two golden angles spread wings, was placed a large magnetic stone, being the Sapphire stone, that absorbed high levels of, what is called pranic energy, or if you like super magnetic s the skulls do the same, along with another gift, being that of fire, or the ability to generate fire at will, providing you have sunlight, the intense Atomic crystallography and refractory factors can set fire to detritus some meter distant, the reason the angles were, or had to be of pure gold, was to attain the single Atom being the gold atom of insulation so as to let the stone retain it charge, I leave the rest for when it is properly collated upon a new thread soon to be posted, that will go in to massive amounts of data explained on subject never be fore known or explained

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

-Alien

No, not the original ones. The original ones got shattered. It held the copies made by Moses later, and a bit of mannah.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn

-Alien

No, not the original ones. The original ones got shattered. It held the copies made by Moses later, and a bit of mannah.

Hang on a minute now, the pyramids are some 12,000 years old, albeit the ten commandments may be that old as well but I think there may be some conjecture over that, but Giza had an ark as did Solo-mans Temple

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Exceptions to the hard rules here at ATS? No way! Wait a minute...yep...exception made...

Good post. not entirely proven but good story nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GFactor

Exactly what I was thinking when reading this......a discovery that will shake the foundations of religions as a precurser to the plan being put into effect. I'm glad I wasn't the only one seeing this relation!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How can they find something made up and fictional?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow if this really is Alexander the Greats tomb.. This is the biggest archeological find since the Pyramids. Maybe even more so.. They may find relics from every single ancient civilization in there... Amazing

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
hahahaha wow I should have read your whole post first. This is truly amazing, but really you think an Ancient Ark will have some "mystical powers"?

This isn't Laura Croft Tomb Radier.

What they may find though will be Many Many Many great relics thought to just have been lost in time... which to me is much more exciting than anything else.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry but any particular religious text is never "proof" of anything. This post was full of speculation, questionable sources and arbitrarily making "links" where there are none.
edit on 11-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
How can they find something made up and fictional?

Your opinion that it is made up and fictional doesn't make it so. It is very likely that the Ark existed. Whether you believe the myths that surround it, or that it was some sort of holy object with mystical powers is another subject, or not, there is very little reason to doubt the existence of the object itself.
edit on 11/11/2011 by Leahn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join