It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what a story this is! ..what a doctor said infront of an abortion

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Or the next abortion doctor.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I am pro-life, but I do not judge anothers choices. Each one of is is accountable for any action we do this lifetime, and for every action there is always a reaction of some sort. This can go either way positive or negative, depending on the choice we make. I am giving everyone a heads up because I am only here to state my opinion, not judge.

1. So the theory that the baby would be better off exterminated because it would be cruel to bring them into this world for them to suffer. It is presumptious to assume that the baby would suffer at all, having a purpose for being here. Who would be suffering the most, who would this cause the most inconvenience to?

2. Did the women driving set out to cause harm to herself and the baby? I need to know more facts before answering.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I haven't devalued human life at all, and I apologise for having made the analogy (as it really wasn’t the best analogy), as you are now twisting it and blowing it out of proportion rather than trying to understand the intent I was trying to convey with it. You aren't following that the analogy was about components of a complex system, not the end systems themselves.

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Yet according to your definition if the animal/human can't formulate it's thoughts, and can't survive it isn't a developed being...

Again, I never said anything about formulating thoughts; I referred only to brain function... there is a big difference.

BTW, I showed that fetuses ALSO think, since remember that according to science thoughts are but electrical psynapses, right?...

You provided an article that relates that they used rat foetus ganglia of an age of 16 days in the embryonic cycle. They provided no evidence that there was any brain function before that time. 16 days in rat pregnancy is the equivalent to the end of the second trimester for humans.

That's your claim, and the claim of others who are "pro-choice" but it is NOT a fact...

It's not a claim, it is fact, backed up by hard science... the earliest (to date) that brain function has been detected is around the 20 week mark. Though since brain cells start developing at around the 6th or seventh week, pro-lifers have used this to try to "claim" that brain function starts much earlier than 20 weeks, which is erroneous.

Here are some sources for you:
J. Goldenring, "Development of the Fetal Brain," New England Jour. of Med., Aug. 26, 1982, p. 564
Hamlin, H. (1964), "Life or Death by EEG," Journal of the American Medical Association, October 12, 113.

Both of these sources content have been cherry picked by pro-life proponents to try to claim that brain activity begins at around 40 days, which is quite ironic as on a more extensive read of the sources the conclusions convey something more like:

"Functional maturity of the cerebral cortex is suggested by fetal and neonatal electroencephalographic patterns...First, intermittent electroencephalograpic bursts in both cerebral hemispheres are first seen at 20 weeks gestation; they become sustained at 22 weeks and bilaterally synchronous at 26 to 27 weeks."

...it wouldn't be possible to make foetuses in vitro, or even for a foetus to survive having been born earlier than it it supposed to, yet they can.

In fact that's exactly what In Vitro means:

In Vitro (Latin: within glass) refers to studies in experimental biology that are conducted using components of an organism that have been isolated from their usual biological context in order to permit a more detailed or more convenient analysis than can be done with whole organisms.

...this is usually cellular matter. In the first trimester nothing could make a foetus survive. As I have also stated, the earliest known example of survival of a pre-mature foetus was around 21 weeks, which correlates nicely with when science theorises that brain function has just begun.

Cheers
edit on 10-11-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by swoopaloop
an unborn fetus. It's alive, but is it conscious and aware that its alive? If I had to say so I would guess that it's consciousness is similar to that of an ant. Have you killed an ant before? Yes. You're a hypocrite.

So that is the criteria now? Cool, so I can take a baseball bat and bash in the skulls of anyone in a coma now, because they are unaware and unconscious, thus they are not human. You obviously disagree to my analogy which is far more accurate than yours, making you the hypocrite.

There have been studies done that prove people in Commas actually are Conscious.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by swoopaloop
an unborn fetus. It's alive, but is it conscious and aware that its alive? If I had to say so I would guess that it's consciousness is similar to that of an ant. Have you killed an ant before? Yes. You're a hypocrite.

You share the inconsistent belief of millions of Americans. Why do I say inconsistent? Because if you are driving a car at night, and you see what looks like possibly either a heap of clothes or a homeless person laying in the street, people will 100% of the time swerve to avoid it, because howbeit unlikely it very well may be a person. Now we have individuals speculating whether or not the child is conscious. Since there is no way to prove it scientifically, why do pro choicers risk killing a possible person? No scientist admits to knowing for sure that the child is not aware

lmao oh boo hoo. If I ever knock up my girlfriend, and we get it aborted, I'm going to make sure that I let you know I'm doing it just for you

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You've done it People!!
You've made me change my ways!
I was once blind, but now I see the light!
No longer will I support Abortion!!!!
May God Bless all of you!!

PFFFTT

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Do you think it's selfish when a 15 year old girl gets raped and becomes pregnant and has an abortion? Actually, don't bother answering if you don't feel like it because this is an issue that everyone will always disagree on.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by jrmcleod

Do you think it's selfish when a 15 year old girl gets raped and becomes pregnant and has an abortion? Actually, don't bother answering if you don't feel like it because this is an issue that everyone will always disagree on.

2 wrongs dont make 1 right..

of course I dont agree that she decides if the baby lives or not

if she doesn't want the baby..just give away once born...but denying the chance for a living is unacceptable for me

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just look at this....

take it in slowly...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Your type of thinking is why this world is the way it is. People go for the pleasure for themselves, because they dont know when they may die, so take life hold by the reigns and enjoy it. There is no work towards helping others as a center goal in life. People dont care about their actions if it be evil all the time, cause why, there is no consequences after im dead, im not being punished for eternity. So many things that show reasons this world is in the sad state it is in, because of selfishness. If only people would choose the responsible way of life, where your every action is being recorded, and you will be judged on what you think and do, people would take care of their own personal lives and others.

Why are people so careless when it comes to their health? Or especially about other peoples belongings such as a company truck? Or someone's home or family? People dont care just cause they think their is nothing more after this, so enjoy what you can, step on other people, get what you want when you want it cause thats all there is to life.

I only pray that more people would wake up out of their stupidity and realize the path they are leading on is a very dangerous one. Just for mere chances, if there was even a slightest even miniscual chance that there is an afterlife, and their is rewards and punishments after what we can see and hear now, the logical reason would be to not take the chance and be prepared. It would be the smart thing to do.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What is really sad is all the videos that show unborn babies trying to escape the abortionist's tongs during an abortion. You can actually see them trying to pull away.

Equally sad is the babies born ALIVE after a botched saline abortion. One nurse was sued for saving one of those babies right out of the waste disposal can. The little girl is doing fine, BTW.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Thank God that your Mom knew you where more then just that......
Imagine if she saw things the same way you do....
HHHMMMM............

PLPL

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

I love these anti abortion stories, got any evidence to back this up?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
Just look at this....

take it in slowly...

and you can have a look at this..

slowlyy

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Its disgusting how human mind is warped, first a fetus, than a child, and nevermind, we are already doing the rest.

This is for the labeling statements, You don't need to be religious to be Pro-Life lol, I'm an Atheist, a Microbiologist and against abortions for convenience.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

im an atheist too..cant really figure out why they bring in religion to the subject.

star for u

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
reply to post by Troofseeker

Not even in the slightest. You honestly think that little insight into what happens to a foetus is going to sway people's opinions?

You pro-lifers haven't got a clue what it takes for a couple to decide to abort. The hardships, the life changing decisions, the pro-life choice (not for the foetus, there are other people involved who ALSO have a life, remove the blinkers please).

You're all about some idiotic mindset that a foetus has a choice, if you put as much energy into this rhetoric as you do your own family lives and trying to save the planet not an unborn child maybe we'd all be better off.

Edit - Actually, I've had a revelation. You should all be running to sewage recycling plants to get all those tampons, sanitary towels and condoms because.. well.. they have the juice of life in them too, right? What's the difference between a foetus and sperm/ovum? R i d i c u l o u s

edit on 10-11-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)
Here is a 15 week old foetus. It is a human being in every respect, except that it's small. Are you saying it has no rights? You're the idiot, sir. 3.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 10-11-2011 by Troofseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I applaud you for your efforts. I myself used to get mad at the pro-choicers, now I just feel really bad for them. The power to decide wether another human being lives or dies is not up to us...PERIOD. What faith or beliefs a person haves plays no role in my stance, new souls are sent here for a purpose, not to die.
Keep standing for what you believe in, you got my support.

PLPL

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Yes, Your choice is before you engage in an unplanned intercourse, after that you need to let nature take its course.

because of mind set like these, No wonder there is so much murder in this world.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
While I have no opinion as to whether or not abortion is right or wrong, I do have this to say.

It is intellectually dishonest for people to cite a woman's right to do whatever she wants with her body, and then claim that the unborn baby is part of her body.

That is the crux of the issue.

The baby is not part of the woman's body, it is a totally separate individual, separate blood supply and unique DNA.

If you want abortions to be legal, you must state your case for legality on facts, not lies.

I agree that we all, men and women, should be able to do what we want to ourselves, but we must respect the bodies and lives of others.

If you drive drunk, and kill a pregnant woman, you will be charged with two counts of vehicular homicide.

Why the double standard?

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join