It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GLEE totally went pro-gay tonight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by silent thunder

reply to post by silent thunder

So it's only 'social programming' when it's gays?

Where did I say that?

Here.

I resent the "social programming" aspect of this kind of thing...It's very condescending, the idea that "the unwashed masses" need the media to "teach" them what is right and wrong with the manipulation of images and art...The recent (I'd say 3-5 years) media onslaught of this type of propaganda (for that's what it is, when you bend art to political purposes) in favor of homosexuality...

If I mistook your inference, I apologise.

You sure did.

If I say "there is a pen on the table, " does that imply that there are no other pens in the universe besides the one on the table?

If I say "The media is manipulating the public opinion on homosexuality," does that imply there are no other forms of media manipulation going on?

I fail to see the logic.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The fact that there's a fan base and how big it is, is testament to how many either no longer share your opinion or in fact never did.

Tell you all what, why don't all the people reading this thread that dislike homosexuality go ahead and actually direct their disgust at me. I can take it all because none of you have any idea what it's like to be bullied like that.

If you do know, then you won't post a thing aimed at me or other homosexuals.

Otherwise just back the f off homos and get a life.

Wow.... I posted one short line about how I found the practice in my own view, and based on my own values and standards in life. The immediate and almost (there isn't really an 'almost' there) vicious reply to anything that isn't 110% accepting and overflowing with positive enforcement for the lifestyle does more to turn people off, not become open to it.

I'm completely tolerant of homosexuality, I am not and never will be accepting. The two are radically different things. However, tolerance means that while I will share how I feel in a discussion forum that has the topic come up, I'll never show dislike or the slightest hint of hostility, because I feel none. It's simply not my choice to view, participate in or be around in life. There are many things in life like that, this just happens to be one of them.

If having that opinion and feeling makes me wrong, then where exactly does anyone else get the standing to declare their opinion correct by comparison? Freedom is about feeling all different things, yet never letting that actually cross to infringe upon the rights of another....even if, or especially if, we disagree. Correct? Don't assume everyone who says something like I did automatically THINKS about it in hateful terms...that simply isn't the case.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

There is a very common practice in society now. It goes like this.

A) Identify something about yourself that is "different" from "the mainstream," whether it is your race, your sexual orientation, a medical condition you have, or something else.

B) Latch onto this and make it the central defining point of your entire personality. Complain loudly and bitterly about all the suffering you have endured, how nobody who didn't share this condition could ever know or understand, and if they criticize you in any way at all, it is a sign of the most hateful possible motives. Paint yourself as a tragic figure, a rebel, an underdog.

C) Repeat tirelessly, constantly seeking sympathy, attention, and perhaps monetary reward.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Yes, and I replied how I feel asbout how you feel.

I will not apologise to anyone on this matter and neither should any homosexual. Not me, nor even the campest, most girly homo out there.

Why? Because we have had a boody gutsful.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

A) Identify something about yourself that is "different" from "the mainstream," whether it is your race, your sexual orientation, a medical condition you have, or something else.

B) Latch onto this and make it the central defining point of your entire personality. Complain loudly and bitterly about all the suffering you have endured, how nobody who didn't share this condition could ever know or understand, and if they criticize you in any way at all, it is a sign of the most hateful possible motives. Paint yourself as a tragic figure, a rebel, an underdog.

C) Repeat tirelessly, constantly seeking sympathy, attention, and perhaps monetary reward.

You mean like being upset about something one doesn't understand on tv?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I don't see the relationship. Care to explain? One is a three-part pattern involving self-identity. The other is an opinion or perhaps an emotion.

"I know you are but what am I" isn't a very good rhetorical tactic, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I don't see the relationship. Care to explain? One is a three-part pattern involving self-identity. The other is an opinion or perhaps an emotion.

Well, haters identify something different from themselves, hang on to the issue and constantly carry on about it.

I think that satisfies your three-part pattern?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well, haters identify something different from themselves, hang on to the issue and constantly carry on about it.

I think that satisfies your three-part pattern?

What basis do you have for labeling me a "hater"?

Disagreement or opinions that are different from yours do not constitute "hate."

What makes you think I "constantly carry on about it"? A handful of posts in one thread? It's not a topic I ususally post about.
edit on 11/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Please point out where I directly labelled you a hater and provide the quote.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

So you are not labeling me hater then. OK.

If that is the case, I fail to see the relevance of the information about "what haters usually do" in your earlier post. It clearly has no bearing on the case at hand.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I believe it does because if the OP wasn't one, he would not have bothered to take the time and begin the thread on the subject.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Note: on my iPhone

Ok, although I seem to make my sexuality my defining pointnom these forms, it is not so in real life. I do not argue gay rights daily. I do not complain about " not being understood"
The reason I do this online is because I feel it is myisdion to spread the word aboutlgbt youth and community in America because of my past experiences as an in the closet gay.

This "social trend" reAlly only exists on the Internet.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Um, OP, GLEE is probably the gayest show on television right now. What did you expect?

It's like watching Will & Grace and being upset by the gay people on it.

Edit: Or it's like watching Rocky Horror Picture Show and being upset by the transvestites.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Getting freaked out over normalcy?

Better look within.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
Ok, although I seem to make my sexuality my defining pointnom these forms, it is not so in real life. I do not argue gay rights daily.

Yeah. You know I'm a proponent of gay rights.

But - - this is really the only place right now I make any strong argument (except at the voting booth). That's what forums are for.

Are there any other issues that are brought up in face-to-face discussion (other then politics)?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Its 2011.

Glee is pro-gay? What programmes are still anti-gay? For god sake , all progrmmes are pro-gay. Have you ever watched a programme called the simspons.

And just because your gf needs to watch trash tv doesn't mean you have to. Go and read a book, go for walk, close your eyes and go to sleep.

How can you let something like this upset you?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Don't worry, take a breath, clam down.
You wont catch it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Look I don't know if i can sollicit certain acts on ATS but i'm a dude and you sound a little uncomfortable with your inner self otherwise you would simply not care, if you want to we can arrange something and mellow you out? Because 2 dudes kissing on tv is simply outrageous especially on Glee right? That show is FILLED with sex talk/innuendos between straight individuals. In fact Santana and Brittney don't talk about anything else than sharing boys. And yes i've watched Glee, guilty pleasures alright.

But run along little man you have a long way to go. Plus the whole picture you described of you and your girlfriend in one room with a tv .. it just freaks me out. God knows what you guys do in there.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

B) you nailed it. this isn't about "it's ok to be gay". this is about: showboat your homosexuality and expect everyone to like it. i used to pick on my friends about kissing their gf in the hallway at school. not cuz it was wrong but becaue any type of affection is bound to draw attention in school. that is natural.

and you know what? i had a gay friend in school. i have gay friends now. i don't like to see a man and a women sucking face, either. it's not that it's some vial thing...but...i don't think it's something folks should just go around doing. i'm about all covered in tattoos. trust me: i know how it is to stand out. i'm judged before i open my mouth or twist my hip. i'm a felon so i'm discriminated against during job interviews, food stamps applications. ok....we all stand out in one way or another.

the rights of one do not outweigh the rights of many...so while yes, it is "ok" for a kid to be gay...if he goes out in public making out with the guy, dude better be ready to catch some flack. if i see a grown man and woman making out in a parking lot, i typically have something to say about it, too. you wanna kiss goodbye right quick, ok. cool. you wanna stand in a public place and suck face...yeah...not cool. doesn't matter if you're a boy and girl or a boy and boy or a girl and girl or a man and man or a man and woman or a woman and woman. it just so happens that i (and pretty much most folks i know who aren't gay/lesbian) happen to think that seeing 2 males kiss is, by far, the least attractive possible kissing pair.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mangojuice
[m
But run along little man you have a long way to go. Plus the whole picture you described of you and your girlfriend in one room with a tv .. it just freaks me out. God knows what you guys do in there.

how many tv's do you have in your living room? my computer (and hers, in fact) happen to all sit in the same room because that is where we spend the most time. i have gay friends. i have gay friends that i love to hang out with. i have gay friends that i will hug upon seeing and saying bye. so it's not the gay part that is the issue. but you guys keep hanging on that cuz you want me to be a "gay hater". well i'm not. i see nothing wrong with being gay.

i do see something wrong with people who go around sucking face and being sexual just because "it should be ok". i mean...i masturbate (like all men)...but i don't go around in public, rubbing my johnson through my own clothes, do i? no. so..yes...gay men have sex. does that mean they need to run around in public imitating the act or part of it? no.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join