It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why worry about hostile E.T.'s? They Understand UFT... unlimited supply of beer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
99...Also....Dreams or even Hypnotic Regression....are....VERY UNRELIABLE methods of information retrieval. I Lucid dream all the time and I am incapable of not understanding or knowing that I am in a dream state. I ALWAYS know what is dream and what is reality....this leads to alot of sleep paralasis.

I have read your posts and can tell you that what you believe is REAL information reguarding E.T.....is merely your conscious mind interpretations of your REM state.

The realities of all things E.T. is not something that I would wish on anyone....including myself. It is not an issue of their ability....if so desired....to wipe us all off the face of the Earth....since they are not Hostile in that sense. If fact....they are not Hostile in a sense that they themselves even understand....although some of the more unfortunate of us would very much view it this way.

They are ALIEN....completely ALIEN....and with an ALIEN belief system. THAT is the most terrifying REALITY of them all. The idea that they do not view us with a RESPECT that would earn us the rights to define some of what is going on.

The little leverage we have that does allow us some respite from being COMPLETELY IGNORED in our Human desire of self determination as well as our concept of the rights of an individual....is held in place and used regularily by the same group of associates that I have been trying to defend in their actions and their reasoning....as well as having the VERY UNPLESENT TASK of choosing between lessor EVILS!
Split Infinity

Split is hinting at something in his post... I personally, beliefe that the probabilities for aliens on Earth are very low, not zero, but very low.... Which doesn't mean I'm right....just my belief based on the data and information I have available and applying to that Bayes rule for inference based on the statistical evaluation of evidence....
But anyways... I am certain that life exists in the Universe and interestingly, mathematically, there is no middle ground... There is either a lot of other civilizations or very few...not " a moderate amount"....
Now, why do I find Split's remark interesting? He says he has first hand experience of Aliens... But, and here's the difference to all the other posts (or at least the overwhelming majority of them) ..he's not telling of blond space babes in tight space suits (even though that would be my preferred version) or any similar notion of a being that has any Earth like quality, most importantly not just from physical appearance but, let's call it the "mind set". This actually goes hand in hand at least with the predictions of Dr. Jack Cohen, Dr. Lewis Dartnell, Paul Davies and many others...all highly respected Astrobiologists, Physicists etc... They overwhelmingly say: Aliens will be truly Alien... Throw overboard any idea one has about Aliens... it is wrong...they will be alien in the purest form of the word's meaning. The consensus there is that these civilisations will probably be at least 1 million years, perhaps even 100 million years ahead of us, technologically, biologically and sociologically... Dr. Dartnell (Astrobiologist) usually has a slide in his lectures, with pictures of the weirdest looking aliens Hollywood has ever come up... Just to make the point that they don't look and act alien at all and reality will be weirder than anyone can imagine. Cohen ( one of the world's foremost Biologist's ) once said that he thinks it "a nice gesture that we sent that bullsh*t into space with Voyager"... but that an alien civilization, if they find it and check out the golden record and the pictures will only find that we're "f*****g ugly" and will not comprehend why the hell we'd send this into space. The point is that they will have undergone such an extremely long evolution that neither physically nor psychologically will there be any common ground. As the british biologist Haldane said: "the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but it is queerer than we can suppose."

So considering this, despite my personal disbelief in aliens on earth, Split's "completely alien, with an alien belief system", if I interpret the remark correctly is at least hitting the spot and is supported by the scientists that I personally respect.

On the whole hostile or not question... Not sure...gotta think about that...
But I think that unfortunately, the free beer isn't happening...dang...

edit on 9-11-2011 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

As tongue in cheek as the OP is, it's a good point, and one I raise often.

If a race has the ability to travel interstellar distances, then they have also now nullified the problem of resource acquisition.

Since all war on Earth has always been about control over resources (sure, some claim to be for other reasons, but in the end analysis, it's ALWAYS about resources)...with this problem now gone, there is NO REASON for such a race to war.

There's simply nothing to be gained from it that they can't get elsewhere, and easier, without resistance.

Simple as that.

So, unless their reasons for war are drastically different from ours, there's no need to assume any alien visitor would have conquest in mind.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If a race has the ability to travel interstellar distances, then they have also now nullified the problem of resource acquisition.

Since all war on Earth has always been about control over resources (sure, some claim to be for other reasons, but in the end analysis, it's ALWAYS about resources)...with this problem now gone, there is NO REASON for such a race to war.

There's simply nothing to be gained from it that they can't get elsewhere, and easier, without resistance.

Simple as that.

So, unless their reasons for war are drastically different from ours, there's no need to assume any alien visitor would have conquest in mind.

I would agree that they wouldn't come down here to mine for iron ore, or any other natural resource for that matter... Of course, that would lead to the question: Why would they come at all? To have a chat with an inferior civilization (that would be us)?.. There is no knowledge for them to gain.. other than maybe to satisfy their curiosity..

Then again, if they come here, they must have some motive... and it's not necessarily good for us... we're either "in the way" of something (just had to think of the Intergalactic Freeway from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe.. haha ;-))... or we got something they want...whatever that might be..

Also, we shouldn't expect Aliens to have any "human" traits such as empathy or any other good or bad character traits that we have... meaning that War as we understand it may just be an inevitable consequence for them to achieve a desired result...

Again.. I think the biggest question to ask would be: What would motivate an alien race to come to Earth?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

Simple as that.

I would agree that they wouldn't come down here to mine for iron ore, or any other natural resource for that matter... Of course, that would lead to the question: Why would they come at all? To have a chat with an inferior civilization (that would be us)?.. There is no knowledge for them to gain.. other than maybe to satisfy their curiosity..

Then again, if they come here, they must have some motive... and it's not necessarily good for us... we're either "in the way" of something (just had to think of the Intergalactic Freeway from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe.. haha ;-))... or we got something they want...whatever that might be..

Also, we shouldn't expect Aliens to have any "human" traits such as empathy or any other good or bad character traits that we have... meaning that War as we understand it may just be an inevitable consequence for them to achieve a desired result...

Again.. I think the biggest question to ask would be: What would motivate an alien race to come to Earth?

Hey! A question I can actually answer without getting into trouble! LOL!
What would motivate an ALIEN RACE to come to Earth? Taking into consideration that we cannot compare HUMAN idealism or concepts such as...Why climb the mountain....because it is there!....into our answer to 4711's question. But what we can accept in the equasion is what do LIVING THINGS have in common and what do LIVING THINGS all do in common.....they all send out an EXPEDITIONARY FORCE. more to come...Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
continued.....a TREE....will send out tedrils of it's root system to search for water and nutrients....or a vine will send out tendrils for gaining grips to direct itself to acess greater sunlight or again....a vines tendrils can become a root to allow the main plant better acess to water nutrients and spread in an effort to ensure it's survival.

Every animal on Earth....moves and explores or migrates for the purpose of resourses or curiosity. Humans....being a highly developed animal of both Physical and Mental abilities....and for those out there who contest my statements....Highly Developed Physical capability of Humans.....know this....there is not a land animal on this Earth that can outrun over distance....a Human Being. A Human has the ability through bi-pedal motion and energy conservation and capabilities of energy storage....to run down any animal that exists.

So here is the answer to my very smart friends question....they behave like anything that is alive.....they seek out advantages....they have a desire to accumulate knowledge....in the same way a baby penguine takes to the sea and without ever experiencing it.....swims and explores and seeks advantage.

These things....even the most ALIEN of us living in THIS Universe have in common. So it is.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Simple as that.

I am glad that you have this concept. As far as one of the known E.T. races going all Independence Day.....that is not going to happen. But on the bad side....for us that is....we have but a tiny bit of LEVERAGE....and this leverage has so far kept Human Experimentation ....to a minimum....but not ZERO.

They don't think or even associate with the same concepts we do....and communication....although possible....is hindered by inability to find any common ground of concepts or idealisms.....as well as their almost total and complete constant ability to seemingly IGNORE US!

The main obstacle is concepts of individuality.....and self determination.....as well as any connection between our concepts of right and wrong.....as they view us as we view....say....our Cats or Dogs. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

You know 4711....I got BITCHED OUT at a party by a few HIPPIE TYPES....actually...DEAD HEADS....and although I have extremely long hair....I AM NO HIPPIE! I follow the ERIC CARTMAN THEORUM when dealing or interacting with HIPPIES.....KILL PATCHOULI!

Anywho....I was listening on and on....to this ENDLESS dribble about how the VOYAGER PROBES and their GOLD RECORDS and simplistic drawings of a Man and Woman and etc.....was going to be found by a A;lien Race and they would come here and everything would change and Eden would return and BLAH....BLAH...BLAH!

So me....ALWAYS ready to be a BUZZ KILL.....especially when something SOOOO STUUUPID....as both the conversation going on and even....which I of course brought up......the even DUMBER IDEA.....that these probes....minus the nice fuzzy pictures sent to Earth....were an ENORMOUS WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY....as well as having to be a GIANT BUZZ KILL AGAIN....when I enformed Gerry anf Phil.....that they would probably be DEAD before either probe even reached the Gravitic Edge of our SOLAR SYSTEM.

I should have gotten into a DEAD POOL....I was HALF RIGHT! Thing was too....GERRY was big on ASTRONOMY and should have known better but....Hey Man.....Far Out! Well obviously.....not far out enough! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Simple as that.

You know....something about this post had me thinking and it just hit me now. Back in the 1950's....when E.T. craft were flying....in massive formations over Washington DC.....What was our....the U.S. Government, Military and Civilians immediate fears and thoughts? INVASION!

This was our natural HUMAN mental concept and reaction that IMMEDIATLY came to mind to all of us! We never for a second thought that they were trying to get our attention or get a point accross....WHICH OF COURCE THEY DID.....after our Airforce did everything it could...short of trying to down one of these craft with a NUKE TIPPED AIR TO AIR MISSLE.....and that WAS CONSIDERED!

Weeks of US Jet interceptors attempting to DOGFIGHT ADVANCED E.T. CRAFT over Washington DC actually went on. The other branches of the U.S. Military chimed in and for you members who are relatively young....back then....there was a HUGE COMPITITION between the branches of the military....as they....unlike today....did not like to share INTELL....and whatever branch of the military that actually did bring one of these craft down.....was certain to guarantee itself massive funding for it's pet projects.

After weeks went by....and it was determined that we had NO CHANCE IN HELL of shooting one of these craft down....was a public statement made saying that the U.S. Government and Military as well as all Intell. Agencies had determined that these UFO's POSED NO THREAT TO THE POPULATION OR THE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE....the population that had just shortly previous experienced WWII and had a DEEP TRUST in any AUTHORITATIVE POSITION....MILITARY, CIVILIAN or any Govermental Agency.....took their leaderships word for it and let it go....as if it was no big deal....because they were told to. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join