It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: Desecration of the tomb of Gaddafi's mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Libya: Desecration of the tomb of Gaddafi's mother

www.ennaharonline.com

A group of Libyan fanatic fighters belonging to the jihadist current, which is close to al Qaeda organization, desecrated the graves in the cemetery of the Gadadfa Tribe, in the city of Sirte and extracted bones they burnt.

A group of Libyan fanatic fighters belonging to the jihadist current, which is close to al Qaeda organization, desecrated the graves in the cemetery of the Gadadfa Tribe, in the city of Sirte and extracted bones they burnt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This story is reported by other sources too, probably not Western.

How barbaric is this? These rebels had to go and desecrate the burial site of Ghaddaf's family and burn their bones in the process.

But I guess that's just part of Libya transitioning into a free and democratic state that we helped to create, right? All those mutilations and beheadings and executions that the rebels have carried out are for the sake of liberty, and I guess attacking the dead is just part of revolution. Right?

I'm sure some anti-Ghaddafi, pro-NATO type will justify these actions somehow. I know that I can't.

www.ennaharonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Any translation of that graffiti on the wall with an arrow pointing to the open grave?

And these are the guys that helped us take over? Lets put the kind of people in charge that break all the rules. That 'll be a change....
edit on 5-11-2011 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I can't justify them either.
Pretty sick when people go to these lengths.

If it's any moral I hold high, it's respect for the dead.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

This is actually nothing compared to what these *CENSORED* have done in the past and continue to do so.
What do you expect from a group of demons (Or "people" or whatever you prefer to call them) who do things like brainwashing a 12 year old KID in Afghanistan into beheading a grown man? Don't google the video, you WONT like it.

Make no mistake. These people are ANIMALS and "WE" are supporting them with our taxes & have been doing so mainly through the CIA for decades.

I wonder where they decide to go and what they decide to do now that they have received a huge boost in finances and arms (Receiving Libya on a silver platter basically). Just for those who don't know: Libya is very very close to Europe =) "Fun times" to come indeed!

Edit: By "Them" I of course mean the extremist groups who do bad sh!t in the name of Islam. I am in no way referring to Islam and Muslims as a whole or even the majority.

IT--
edit on 6-11-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is disgusting.

His mother is not to blame.

These people are barbaric.

Go and jump on his tomb, ok, but leave his mother alone.

Also, desecrating any burial gound is bad karma.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

What the hell has taken over Libya that would make men want to not only dig up the dead but to burn them as well? Like really? This really happened? Ummm, I dunno, isn't it clear that these men are not of sound mind? Who comes up these ideas and who the hell says "yeah I'll go"?

Burning the dead? Is it just me or does that sound a like some kind of ritual? Is there such a thing? I mean seriously, wtf is the point?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I would think that they would respect their own religion at least, since they don't respect anyone else's. This makes me sick, and I am getting fed up with the actions of these uncivilized people.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Why would this suprise anyone? Did you see what they did to Gadaffi? There are not wonderful people. They have been totally consumed with hatred for years and why? For democray and representation? Sure, but not the way Americans think of it. It's a religious war and the winner isn't going to be kind to the losers. Gadaffi had long-suppressed the Islamist party and the Muslim Brotherhood, an offshoot of the movement founded in Egypt in the 1920s. Now 97% of Lybians are Muslims and are confident that they can take charge by sitting on substantial oil and gas reserves. I doubt that's good news for the rest of the world.

top topics

join