It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' hackers abandon campaign against Zetas drug cartel, say member freed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

'Anonymous' hackers abandon campaign against Zetas drug cartel, say member freed

www.washingtonpost.com

MEXICO CITY — Bloggers and tweeters claiming to belong to the hacker movement “Anonymous” say they have abandoned their campaign to expose supporters of Mexico’s Zetas drug cartel.

The group says one of its members who had purportedly been kidnapped in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz has been freed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
For all of the nay Sayers on here about them, they have accomplished something that governments have not.

They made the cartels afraid, they intimidated them into releasing a hostage, thats pretty impressive.

and how does this fit into manys views of them being a CIA front? Isn't the cia into all this drug running?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
or...they got called out and threatened and decided to just back off.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Smart move... People may not need to be tortured and killed now.

There are some forms of evil in this human world that are best left alone, especially when it has this kind of power, influence, level of infiltration and corruption and will stop at nothing to destroy any one who has angered them.

Anonymous claimed they were going to make Zetas their "bitch".... You better hope they let that one go.

You have to wonder, what information did they get from the "freed" member?

The games may only be beginning... winner takes all, and there is only one way to lose.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Do they have any proof about this one? Or is it just another claim, backed up by no evidence, that we are supposed to take as gospel and cheer about?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Do they have any proof about this one? Or is it just another claim, backed up by no evidence, that we are supposed to take as gospel and cheer about?

I wonder the same thing.

Then again that can be said about most news.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't know.... I never once saw any evidence that the zetas kidnapped anyone from anonymous.

I did see statements from others within anonymous claiming the video about this "kidnapping" was a hoax and not actually affiliated with anonymous... And the video did have a different look and feel to their usual videos...

I guess ultimately I can't prove it, but I just have this weird feeling it was just some kind of hoax from some one pretending to be in anon....

Now, they say this person has been released. I mean, call me crazy, but the zetas are protected by people in their government. Cops, politicians and more... I don't think they would care that much if names were given out...

These are guys that have tortured and hung people from bridges just to show that they can.... These are people that have hacked peoples heads off with a chainsaw, just to show you not to mess with them....

I just don't think they would care that much if a few names were released... The zetas are practically untouchable. They have members within the government who would and do protect them...

The mafia of the old days, has nothing on the zetas of today. Powerful and scary group that I would never want to cross.

Honestly whether it was anon or not... It was stupid to threaten the zetas. Period.

edit on 4-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
From the article linked in the OP...

The web site Anonymous IberoAmerica says in a statement that threats received by the group also played a role in the decision to drop the “OpCartel” campaign.

The group said late Thursday the cartel had threatened to kill 10 people for each name of a Zeta supporter revealed.

Well there ya go. The cartels have shown that they are not too picky who they kill and have infiltrated some pretty high levels.

Anon members or innocents, there isn't much doubt if they went through with this the cartel would likely start killing people.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I just saw on Cnn that an anon guy from texas is supporting the campaign against Zetas drug cartel and will contribute to it tomorrow !

Why is cnn writing that ?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

And that is exactly why it is stupid to mess with the Zetas... They really would have killed 10 people for each name given out.... And in very violent ways.

Like I said, anon or not, hoax or not, It was stupid for anyone to even attempt this. Honestly we are lucky no deaths came about......

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The operation is still go, it has not been canceled...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

it is? Wow... Then anon or who ever behind this is freaking stupid. The zetas have said 10 people will die for each name released...When they say things like this, they mean it.... if anon or anyone else releases names, they are in effect, killing innocent people....

And when the Zetas kill, they show no mercy.We are talking torture, beheading, hanging and more....

I really wish Anon would cut this out...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is such BS .The #Op was never going to happen, Anon mexico have been denying it from the first day the video by MrAnonymousguyfawkes was released on Oct 6. The video is the only video on that users youtube channel.

From an earlier thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hours after the news of the video started to spread, reports of a hacked page also appeared. The site in question was www.gustavorosario.com , but Anonymous Mexico published a communique on Facebook denying their involvement

Dear Followers of this page. Through this medium Anonymous Mexico denies all responsibility about the news of the hacking of one page allegedly related to a cartel. [..] Our fight is not of this kind and our ideals are not in tune with that operation. The note published in many electronic media is completely false. We ask for your support in distributing this communique.

Now someones claiming the unnamed guy has been released due to the cartel being pressured? I dont buy any it. IMO the original video was fake. The whole thing has been fueled by the main stream media and the sheeple.

Anon are supposed to be taking out Facebook tomorrow, but i wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen either...

edit on 4-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't buy it at all neither.

Now this raise the question ; Who made this video?
edit on 4-11-2011 by InS0MnI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I dont think this is worth the fight. There are bigger fish to fry... Theres conflicting views some peeps have stopped some peeps are still mining.
Its easy to be an armchair vigilant sitting behind your pc in america or europe. But peeps in mexico will pay the cost. What is stopping zeta go after any computer activist in mexico.
Anon is a big network and anon members in mexico might not be involved in this op but will be tageted... I hope this op stops soon...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
kids and morons, social outcasts and less intelligent now fall and can claim anon as if its a passport to social and global approval with or without the BA in stupidity.

pfff....

edit on 4-11-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I dont think this is worth the fight. There are bigger fish to fry... Theres conflicting views some peeps have stopped some peeps are still mining.
Its easy to be an armchair vigilant sitting behind your pc in america or europe. But peeps in mexico will pay the cost. What is stopping zeta go after any computer activist in mexico.
Anon is a big network and anon members in mexico might not be involved in this op but will be tageted... I hope this op stops soon...

Simply put, I agree... This is not a game. While I don't think any member of anon was kidnapped to begin with and that it was a hoax by some moron/s, this needs to stop if anon is jumping on board. It is one thing to mess around behind a computer and screw with a website....

But this... We are talking about real human lives here.... The zetas will straight up kill people if this does not stop....

This op does need to stop.... They are exactly as you said, armchair vigilantes... This time they are in way over their heads and if anyone dies, anon ( Or who ever is behind this video) is just as responsible as the people that kill them....

This op must stop....

Who ever is behind this op, this video... For what ever reason... I do not approve... we are talking human lives here... Just back off of the Zetas before people get hurt.

I do not approve of this op... At all. Shame on anyone who is working with or taking part in this stupid little op that will get people killed.

Please do not piss off the zetas... Please?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
From the article linked in the OP...

The web site Anonymous IberoAmerica says in a statement that threats received by the group also played a role in the decision to drop the “OpCartel” campaign.

The group said late Thursday the cartel had threatened to kill 10 people for each name of a Zeta supporter revealed.

Well there ya go. The cartels have shown that they are not too picky who they kill and have infiltrated some pretty high levels.

Anon members or innocents, there isn't much doubt if they went through with this the cartel would likely start killing people.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

To begin with, anon users are exactly that, anon, so suggesting that members of anon would be placed on the chopping block is as real as me being an alien. Since we have established that, lets move on. Seriously or should i say users with a respectable handle are not who or what they seem to be and reside in nations that the cartel cannot pronounce let alone know the geographical location. So all these kids or should i say, obvioulsy amateur's are far from being labelled as anonymous.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

To begin with, anon users are exactly that, anon, so suggesting that members of anon would be placed on the chopping block is as real as me being an alien.

Would you be willing to bet your life on your online anonymity?

Don't underestimate these guys, or what they and their bought and paid for corrupt agents are capable of.

They have no rules, and will use every method they have available to them, including torture and murder.

Test them, I dare you....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

To begin with, anon users are exactly that, anon, so suggesting that members of anon would be placed on the chopping block is as real as me being an alien.

Would you be willing to bet your life on your online anonymity?

Don't underestimate these guys, or what they and their bought and paid for corrupt agents are capable of.

They have no rules, and will use every method they have available to them, including torture and murder.

Test them, I dare you....
@@:

Answer to your first question
Yes , have done it and will do it again when its requested.

....and what makes you think that people like myself have any rules, or morals, their barbaric methods are a residue of the dark ages in comparison to methods that are applied in today's society. It is they and them that support or kneel that allow such neanderthal's to claim assertiveness over people. But lets face it, when so called freedom cyber acts are performed they are for common consumption labelled as hackers, crackers, terrorists etc. Myself, i have no vested interest in politics, religion or any form of physical border, that is, when we are only talking about the digital earth. Given your reply, your obviously not a person who's capable of comprehending the complexity and its ordered chaos when referring to what has been globally labeled as the internet.

To dare me as an individual is futile as i, or perhaps we do not operate in such a way that would pose such a high statistical cyber fatality. Not that i am some form or whiz kid, but then again ats is public code formatted digital arena that has acquired a respectable amount of people with respectable knowledge and background, so its only obvious that it would gain notoriety across the board.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join