It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DENVER ticketing drivers who STOP at red lights-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I live here in denver and there has always been alot of contraversy about these red light cameras. But this may just be a little too much. It seems that if your tire so much as CROSSES a white line on the ground you will be ticketed. Now this is further evidence of the Gestapo fascist regime they are FORCING us in to. 75 bucks for crossing a line nowhere near the intersection. Whats the alternative, to speed up and run the light and they win still!

www.infowars.com...:
edit on 4-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just smash the cameras! Spray paint the lens! During the winter I always make sure to pelt them with snowballs whenever I get the chance, so the snow covers up the lens.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If they stopped in a cross walk for pedestrians then sure give them a ticket , but a rule of thumb is not to back up . Rock and a hard place for that one , going through would be less of an option also to clear the area .

How do you spell Loop Hole ?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

No cop,No stop.

Americans and their love affairs with driving,fast cars,and speeding are nothing new.
Neither is the ingenious ways of ticketing them,from officer hiding behind a sign,to traffic cams.
There are ways to fight it,unfortunately,they are becoming illegal,or already are.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Do you know if you(driver) are across the line and some one cuts sharp and hits the front of the car it your(driver) fault. Also do you(driver) know that line is also that far back because if some one rear ends you, you wont wined up in the intersection its not just for you(driver) they are other people on the road. Now for the ticket and the red light cameras thats a bunch of bull those thing are nothing but revenue generators here in Georgia they have shut down a lot of them because of that issue and not really providing driver safety.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yep.

That's the idea.

The python doesn't squeeze you to death, it simply tightens itself around you when you exhale, and then you find it hard to take a breath. This continues, until your death.
edit on 11/4/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
It seems that if your tire so much as CROSSES a white line on the ground you will be ticketed.

people who are unable to obey traffic laws should not be allowed to drive - just how hard is it to not go over the white line?

Now this is further evidence of the Gustapo fascist regime they are FORCING us in to. 75 bucks for crossing a line nowhere near the intersection.

No one is forcing you to cross the white line, you are just a bad driver, obviously unable to control your car!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't know how the authorities in Denver are handling it but here is Phoenix we got the speed cameras removed from all the freeways.

1. everyone started ignoring the mailed subpoenas. Here in Arizona first class mail is not considered legal process service. That forces them to send out an actual process server.

2. We started contesting them in the courts.

The sum of both was that the costs were higher than the revenue they were generating, so the state pulled the plug on the program.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
In my country, these cameras make two pictures. To see if you stopped or continued.. If you stopped, you don't get a ticket..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Even worst is these cams are owned and operated by companies on contract with the police most of the time.

The revenue goes to the company for "maintenance" and a portion goes to the city...

No real officer involvement at all, your getting a fine not a citation.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If you receive a ticket through the mail that resulted from an automatic traffic or red light camera you DO NOT have to pay it. In order for it to be valid it must be served to you in person and within 90 days of the subject infraction. The city may threaten to raise the fine if it's not paid, but they don't have any recourse unless they follow the law and serve you in person before the deadline. I only wish I was more educated before I paid a speeding ticket I received in the mail last month.

The light from the camera is incredibly bright, though, when you trip the camera's flashbulb. I think eventually one is going to cause an accident.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Gustapo fascist regime

Lol brother

www.urbandictionary.com...

Gustapo.
A creepy librarian type who live in a library. At midnight their third eye opens up and they are the protector of the books. They are also known to form nests that of like a spider in abandon stairways.
Better get out of the library before gustapo sucks you in with her third eye.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If they send you a picture of your car and say you were speeding or went over the white line.... then send them a picture of the money they want from you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Gustapo fascist regime

Lol brother

Gustapo.
A creepy librarian type who live in a library. At midnight their third eye opens up and they are the protector of the books. They are also known to form nests that of like a spider in abandon stairways.

en.wikipedia.org...
What is an urban dictionary?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Red light cameras are not a public safety issue but a revenue generation source for cities. They let these companies come into town and set these up and split the revenue. One of the disturbing aspects of this revenue system is shortening the length of the yellow light which guarantees more drivers get caught "running" red lights.

The Impact of Yellow Light Phase Timing on the Red Light Camera Program in San Diego, California

6 Cities That Were Caught Shortening Yellow Light Times For Profit

Shorter yellow lights boost red-light camera revenue

I'm even more disgusted that a city like Denver would go even beyond this and ticket drivers who do stop at red lights, even if they are past the white line.

So what are you going to do about it, Denver? Maybe it's time for an #Occupy Red Light Cameras...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
If they send you a picture of your car and say you were speeding or went over the white line.... then send them a picture of the money they want from you.

Thanks, Jibby....I just peed my pants.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

AllUrChips....

I share your disdain for these red light photo enforcement cameras. So much so that I did quite a bit of research on the matter after receiving one of the infamous "snitch tickets" in the mail that tries to trick you into paying the fine or naming the driver of the car when the photographic evidence is too shoddy to stand up in court.

I found it funny that my city's accident rate actually went up after they installed the cameras, and this fact was widely paraded around the internet by cities who were resistant to the red light camera photo enforcement projects.

These things are a god damn scam and what many people don't know is that the civilian employees working for these red light photo enforcement companies are the ones who initially access your driver's license and registration info for the ticket...not the law enforcement agency. These civilians are allowed to pull your personal data, just the same as any police officer.

Also, the revenue your city receives from these photo enforcement tickets is minimal compared to what the contracting company is making, trust me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Paint ball gun?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Gustapo fascist regime

Lol brother

Gustapo.

en.wikipedia.org...
What is an urban dictionary?

Brother, it's GESTAPO, no gustapo.

top topics

join