It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just see "earthquake lights"??? (Atlanta)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
lol

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline
Actually this is odd because a couple of hours ago, here in Athens Ohio, my dog was freaking out so I took her outside to go to the bathroom... she decided NOT to go but sat around and looked around. I looked North East in the sky and saw that the sky was illuminated far brighter than behind me. There was no moon and it did indeed appear to have an aurora borealis look to it. I even brought my wife outside to look... thought I might be seeing things.

The massive solar flare that is facing earth for the next few weeks (which is 8 times larger than earth itself) will create a "northern lights" aurora effect much farther south than normal, or in places where that is highly unusual.

You're not crazy, you're becoming aware in a world full of dull, obedient sheep... actually maybe they're more like the fabled ostrich with it's head in the sand.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Maybe this explains it:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"The aurora borealis, a geomagnetic phenomenon that's also known as the northern lights, is something we usually think of as occurring in, well, the north: Greenland, Iceland, Alaska and areas of northern Canada are famous for dazzling displays of red, green and orange lights, especially in the winter months.

But thanks to a Coronal Mass Ejection -- a burst of solar wind -- that resulted in a moderate-level geomagnetic storm, much of the United States was treated to an unusual and stunning light show on Monday evening.

According to the National Weather Service's Space Weather Prediction Center, clear skies across much of the nation as well as with the solar storm's arrival time (when it was getting dark in many states) made for a great display of northern lights.

CNN reports that in the United States, the northern lights are usually seen no farther south than Boston, Minneapolis or Seattle. But according SpaceWeather.com, the aurora was seen in more than half of the U.S., with people in places as far south as Alabama and as far west as California reporting seeing the phenomenon.

"

<< 1  2   >>

join